Crowder believes he is seriously underpaid | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crowder believes he is seriously underpaid

all those guys you mention have played out their rookie contracts....Crowder has not.

You would really have to be a complete bum to be a former 3rd round pick in the last year of your rookie contract and NOT look unerpaid vs guys who have signed FA deals.

Chances are, come this time next year, Crowder is probably going to be overpaid....and making some other guy in the last year of his rookie deal feel underpaid.

All these guys I mentioned have not been starters as long as Crowder. All Im saying is he has started from day one basically and he is paid less than guys who have not even started one year. Crowder has been a better NFL player than any of the guys I have mentioned.

Im not sure why Channing is getting flack over this. He makes a million a year. Justin Peele makes more money than him. Reggie Torbor who has done less in the NFl makes much more than him, I assume Charlie Anderson makes more. Randy Starks makes 4 times more than Channing and has done a fraction of what Channing has done. Whether you like Channing or not he has been a starter since day one and in the overall scheme of the NFL he is underpaid.

Honestly, you can love a player all you want to but you are disregarding the fact that he was ran over like a wet plaster for most of the plays last year. He is one of those linebackers that has to rely on good tackles but in the nfl, he is getting payed what he deserves. He wasn't drafted in the first round to begin with so he is fine.

Honestly, you can love a player all you want to but you are disregarding the fact that he was ran over like a wet plaster for most of the plays last year. He is one of those linebackers that has to rely on good tackles but in the nfl, he is getting payed what he deserves. He wasn't drafted in the first round to begin with so he is fine.

what does getting drafted in the first have to do with it. He has outperformed the majority of first round picks.

I don't think he's proven to be worth more yet, if he goes out and proves it this year then maybe he will be.

I would not be surprised if hes already on the short list of who probably won't be here next season.

They didn't address this area in the draft this year because of priorities elsewhere, I look for that to change next draft.

All these guys I mentioned have not been starters as long as Crowder. All Im saying is he has started from day one basically and he is paid less than guys who have not even started one year. Crowder has been a better NFL player than any of the guys I have mentioned.

it's the system......nothing special about Crowder's situation. I really don't care that he wants more money....who doesn't. I'm not mad at him for that. But I don't expect the Dolphins to act on it in any way. He doesn't deserve more money simply because other FA's have signed and now make more than him. He is in no way being treated unfairly.

Next year he will make more than DeMeco Ryans. That's the system.

it's the system......nothing special about Crowder's situation. I really don't care that he wants more money....who doesn't. I'm not mad at him for that. But I don't expect the Dolphins to act on it in any way. He doesn't deserve more money simply because other FA's have signed and now make more than him. He is in no way being treated unfairly.

Next year he will make more than DeMeco Ryans. That's the system.

I never said he was being treated unfairly, he is underpaid. we all complain about rookie salaries but thats basically only the high first round picks. If there is a system in place to slot salaries , there will probably be a form of arbitration which is only fair. A 5th round runningback could lead the league in rushing for three years and barely make above league minimum. I personally think the current system is very flawed.

That all being said I hope we resign Crowder, alot of people on this board dump on him but he is a 24year old linebacker that has started for three years and should only get better. I find it funny how we signed a bunch of guys to decent money that have done very little in thier career Randy Starks, Reggie Torbor and Charlie Anderson but dont think Crowder is worth resigning. i mean he has only averaged 90 tackles a year and is younger than some rookies.

I never said he was being treated unfairly, he is underpaid. we all complain about rookie salaries but thats basically only the high first round picks. If there is a system in place to slot salaries , there will probably be a form of arbitration which is only fair. A 5th round runningback could lead the league in rushing for three years and barely make above league minimum. I personally think the current system is very flawed.

That all being said I hope we resign Crowder, alot of people on this board dump on him but he is a 24year old linebacker that has started for three years and should only get better. I find it funny how we signed a bunch of guys to decent money that have done very little in thier career Randy Starks, Reggie Torbor and Charlie Anderson but dont think Crowder is worth resigning. i mean he has only averaged 90 tackles a year and is younger than some rookies.

agree to disagree on the underpaid/overpaid topic.....I would be more likely to argue that the other guys are overpaid. Just like Crowder will be next year, after he completes his rookie contract.

As for resigning him......it goes back to my point above. He will be overpaid next year, either by us or some other team. If it is to be by us, then I want to see some type of playmaking ability out of him. It's his contract year and he's playing for what will likely be the biggest contract of his career. If he doesn't raise his play this year, let him be some other team's overpaid average starter.

agree to disagree on the underpaid/overpaid topic.....I would be more likely to argue that the other guys are overpaid. Just like Crowder will be next year, after he completes his rookie contract.

As for resigning him......it goes back to my point above. He will be overpaid next year, either by us or some other team. If it is to be by us, then I want to see some type of playmaking ability out of him. It's his contract year and he's playing for what will likely be the biggest contract of his career. If he doesn't raise his play this year, let him be some other team's overpaid average starter.

We gave Torbor quite a bit of money for his quite below average play overall. Hell right now all of our linebackers are overpaid with the exception of Crowder. Since Crowder has not exactly been a weak link at linebacker he has been a solid linebacker, not sure how letting him go will make us a better team. Porter made alot of money last year and made no more impact than Crowder and again Crowder is 24 years old has good size and will probably be pretty good for us this year.In all liklihood if we let Crowder go we wont bring in a guy as good as him, Crowder just needs to be able to stay in a position instead of bouncing back to the middle everytime the MLB got hurt. I expect a full year in the same position to pay dividends for the guy.

We gave Torbor quite a bit of money for his quite below average play overall.

He's been a backup and spot player his career so far.....yes we overpaid him....but that's life in the NFL right now, UFA's get overpaid, it's hardly newsworthy.

Hell right now all of our linebackers are overpaid with the exception of Crowder.

ok, so should we make it all of them?

Since Crowder has not exactly been a weak link at linebacker he has been a solid linebacker, not sure how letting him go will make us a better team.

and unless he proves that he can make an impact this year, I'm not sure that letting some other team overpay him makes us any worse.

Porter made alot of money last year and made no more impact than Crowder

No. He absolutely did not. More impact per dollar....ok, but not overall. 5.5 sacks, 1 FF and 2 INT for Porter vs. 0.5 sacks, 0 FF and 0 INT.

and again Crowder is 24 years old has good size and will probably be pretty good for us this year.In all liklihood if we let Crowder go we wont bring in a guy as good as him, Crowder just needs to be able to stay in a position instead of bouncing back to the middle everytime the MLB got hurt. I expect a full year in the same position to pay dividends for the guy.

If he is good this year then sure, sign him up.....but if he again makes little impact, then let him walk and try and draft an impact player. I have seen little so far to suggest that Crowder is any better player for us than other guys we've had like Derrick Rodgers or Morlon Greenwood. An ok player, but no one to break the bank on. Hopefully he changes my mind this year.

I think we shouldn't do anything. It might make him play harder for a new contract.

As I said earlier in this thread. This is his contract year. Wait until he performs and then offer him a contract based on that. If he "steps up" and becomes more then just an average lineback, pay the man. If he does not, let him go via free agency and fill the hole with someone else.

He's been a backup and spot player his career so far.....yes we overpaid him....but that's life in the NFL right now, UFA's get overpaid, it's hardly newsworthy.

ok, so should we make it all of them?

and unless he proves that he can make an impact this year, I'm not sure that letting some other team overpay him makes us any worse.

No. He absolutely did not. More impact per dollar....ok, but not overall. 5.5 sacks, 1 FF and 2 INT for Porter vs. 0.5 sacks, 0 FF and 0 INT.

If he is good this year then sure, sign him up.....but if he again makes little impact, then let him walk and try and draft an impact player. I have seen little so far to suggest that Crowder is any better player for us than other guys we've had like Derrick Rodgers or Morlon Greenwood. An ok player, but no one to break the bank on. Hopefully he changes my mind this year.

Wow 5.5 sacks from a pass rushing linebacker yea thats a real stud. You are talking two differant types of linebacker, Crowder rarely is the blitzer with Porter and Taylor on the same team. I never said break the bank, but we are not going to find better value in free agency than a 24 year old three year starter who has played solid so far. The guy can play inside or outside and has great size and has been relatively injury free. Not one of the guys we signed in free agency was a stud so I guess you feel we wasted money on all those pickups since you insist the guy has to do so much to get resigned. Ronnie Brown has far from been a stud over the same period so if he is slow to recover I guess we shouldn just get rid of him next year also.

People will go to great lengths to prove a point about a player they would love to see succeed.

Crowder has not been productive. Zero interceptions and 1-1/2 sacks in three years. Are you kidding me. His tackles are a padded stat because the guy never stops a play behind the line of scrimmage or even at the line of scrimmage.

Go back and watch the game tapes on Crowder and you will see he is a chaser. He doesn't attack plays nor does he make them. Where is the great speed everyone talks about. I don't see it. As for size, who really cares. Zach Thomas was an undersized LB who stuck his nose in there and sniffed out plays. What good is a big LB if he is running around blocks.

Crowder will never be anything more than he is right now.

A bum!

People will go to great lengths to prove a point about a player they would love to see succeed.

Crowder has not been productive. Zero interceptions and 1-1/2 sacks in three years. Are you kidding me. His tackles are a padded stat because the guy never stops a play behind the line of scrimmage or even at the line of scrimmage.

Go back and watch the game tapes on Crowder and you will see he is a chaser. He doesn't attack plays nor does he make them. Where is the great speed everyone talks about. I don't see it. As for size, who really cares. Zach Thomas was an undersized LB who stuck his nose in there and sniffed out plays. What good is a big LB if he is running around blocks.

Crowder will never be anything more than he is right now.

A bum!

I have watched every game of the dolphins every year and your analysis of Crowder is off, If you feel he is a bum thats your opinion but the fact is he is solid young player with very good size and an ability to play various lb positions. what does sacks have to do with a linebacker who is not used in blitzes. If he were blitzing alot and he had no sacks sure judge him on that stat. Thats the problem when fans evaluate players they see a nice sack total and forget that a linebacker has many responsiblities and blitzing may or may not be one of them. There are alot of linebackers that get nice sack totals but are seriously devoid of the skills to play linebacker. Peolple said alot of the same things about Zach because he did not have high sack totals but that wasn't his job. I guess people forget that we keep changing schemes every year and he has been moved around because of injuries. He hardly makes every play 10 yards downfield like some would have you believe but of course people said that about Thomas.

Back
Top Bottom