Curious.. Would It Change Your Mind? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Curious.. Would It Change Your Mind?

moksha

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We haven't heard a leak at all, whether Philbin feels that Flynn is the real deal and how bad, at all, he may want him. How would you guys feel if behind-the-scenes ... Philbin is 110% wanting Flynn and willing to tie his tenure to signing him? Is that enough to opt for him over Manning? If Philbin were 'that' pumped for Flynn it would intrigue me. Just a hypothetcial but I am curious what you guys think since we haven't been able to find out where he stands on Flynn.

I can very easily see a scenario where Ross wants Manning badly, Ireland isn't 100% sold on Manning, and Philbin wants Flynn but doesn't feel he can pipe up too vehemently.  I hope whatever they decide to do with Manning, all three men are on the same page and in agreement that it's the best course of action.  The last thing we need is a rocky start to the new coaching regime.

IMO no. Just because what peyton has done and potentially adding wayne with along with him to our offense. But I wouldn't mind him.

If he think's Flynn is the man who am i to challenge his authority...............

If he think's Flynn is the man who am i to challenge his authority...............
agreed, if coach feels Flynn is the REAL DEAL, and he would know better than most, i would be all for him...at the same time if he is not the real deal then I would be the 1st one in the mob...

He should just let Ross have what he wants, that way he has no responsibility if it fails.

If he ends up making Ross pay 60 million on a career backup QB in Flynn and fails badly, his head coaching career won't last two years.

i dont think Flynn is worth theprice it will cost but if Philben wants him, knowing him better than anybody else besides maybe tom Clements I'm all for it. Its his job on the line and Im sure he wont risk it if he doesnt think he will be successful

If Philbin wants Flynn, and feels like he is the real deal, then I'd like to avoid Manning.

He should just let Ross have what he wants, that way he has no responsibility if it fails.

If he ends up making Ross pay 60 million on a career backup QB in Flynn and fails badly, his head coaching career won't last two years.

I think Dolphins may have done a smoke screen on Manning, first to keep the franchise tag off Flynn (done), then as Philbin is the one who knows Flynn the best, and wanting Manning as a first option would drive his price down and the number of teams fighting for his services would decrease. So I wouldn't be surprised if Flynn ends up as a Dolphin and he was the number one choice all this time. Then we could draft Tanehill, Weeden or Cousins, and land some good OL to solve the right side instead of using all the money on Manning.

This draft is deep on WR's so Wayne is not necessary.

Back
Top Bottom