Curtis Martin Guarantees 1500 Yards | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Curtis Martin Guarantees 1500 Yards

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Is this guy crazy or what? He has six games against defenses like the fins, bills and pats... he seriously thinks he can get 1500 yards this season... he will be lucky to keep his streak of 1000 yards going.

Other jets news...they are already working on extending Pennington so that he doesnt see the open market after this year.

But seriously 1500 yards? :roflmao:

And Eddie George quarantees 1,000 yards...

...If He Gets 1,000 Carries

DALLAS--Cowboys running back Eddie George made a bold prediction Tuesday. The former Tennessee Titan promised to rush for 1,000 yards this year, but the promise had a condition: that he be given 1,000 carries in order to attain it. “Give me 1,000 carries, and I’ll give this team 1,000 yards,†said George confidently. “That’s a promise. You can write that down.â€Â

Coach Bill Parcells indicated that George would not get that many carries this year. “1,000 carries is too much for any one player. We need more balance than that,†he said. “Besides, with the way that guy has been running the past few years, that may not be enough, if you consider how many yards he’s going to lose.â€Â

http://www.thebrushback.com/previous_issue.htm

Gotta love The Brushback.com. :roflmao:

that would be just as amazing as 2000 yards the defenses he sees are not powderpuff ones chances are not good and neither are the jets

BAMAPHIN 22 said:
Is this guy crazy or what? He has six games against defenses like the fins, bills and pats... he seriously thinks he can get 1500 yards this season... he will be lucky to keep his streak of 1000 yards going.

Other jets news...they are already working on extending Pennington so that he doesnt see the open market after this year.

But seriously 1500 yards? :roflmao:

Actually, he's not that far off. If he stays healthy, he should be able to get 1500 yards in the rest of his career.

Curtis Martin's chances of gaining 1500 yards this season are roughly the same as any of Miami's quarterbacks throwing for 5000 yards this season. :roflmao:

What's wrong with you guys? Martin can EASILY get 1500 yards rushing this season......on Madden 2005 :D

I think he could MAYBE get 1500 yards... if he returns kicks and add those...and you add receiving yards...and he gets 50 carries a game...MAYBE

oh yeah, and he would need to be traded to the Ravens so he could play the Brownies twice.

FireWrongstedt said:
Curtis Martin can suck my piece. As can the Jets.
Very classy....... At least some people here are making valid points. Althought 1500 is pushing it, dont count out 1300. He got that last year without having Pennington for a full season.

Seeing as how he had 1300 yards last year, and mind you had an awful start. I fail to see how this is a joke to you people.

Considering the Jets only had one receiver to throw to either, this year is a different story. I dont see 1500 yards, but to say he'd be lucky to even get close is ridiculous.

The responses in this thread would make more sense if it said "Travis Minor or whoever the Dolphins start this year" instead.

Have you guys forgotten who you have at running back...actually, who DO you have a running back?
Of all the areas to talk trash, you guys pick this? Curtis is a lock for 1300 if he stays healthy, 1500 not being out of the realm of possability.

I'd rather have Minor than Martin. Thinking long term that is. :roflmao: I truthfully think Minor is an acceptable back, remains to be seen though.

JPhinfan86 said:
I'd rather have Minor than Martin. Thinking long term that is. :roflmao: I truthfully think Minor is an acceptable back, remains to be seen though.
Lol, Minor did show alot of potential in the Jacksonville game huh? Plz dont mention Minor and Martin in the same sentence.

They can live in there own world, downplaying a back who is 3-4 years away from breaking Emmit Smith's rushing record and for the last 4 years has been hearing "is this the year you start to decline like eddie george?" for there stud out of FSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom