Curtis Martin Guarantees 1500 Yards | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Curtis Martin Guarantees 1500 Yards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been waiting for this

This post was first brought to my attention back in August. I bookmarked & waited just for this moment. I just registered on this board just to reply to this:

Bamaphin 22-Is this guy crazy or what? He has six games against defenses like the fins, bills and pats... he seriously thinks he can get 1500 yards this season... he will be lucky to keep his streak of 1000 yards going.

Lights Out-that would be just as amazing as 2000 yards the defenses he sees are not powderpuff ones chances are not good and neither are the jets

DolfanDaveinATX-Actually, he's not that far off. If he stays healthy, he should be able to get 1500 yards in the rest of his career.

Noodle Arm-What's wrong with you guys? Martin can EASILY get 1500 yards rushing this season......on Madden 2005

UltraDol-Fan-I think he could MAYBE get 1500 yards... if he returns kicks and add those...and you add receiving yards...and he gets 50 carries a game...MAYBE
oh yeah, and he would need to be traded to the Ravens so he could play the Brownies twice.

FireWrongstedt-Curtis Martin can suck my piece. As can the Jets.

Brad528-I doubt it playing against NE and Miami's running defenses twice a year. THats 4 games without 100 yards

Today, it's November 28, pretty much exactly 3 months after the above messages were first posted. Going into today's games, the 1-9 Miami Dolphins as a team have 849 rushing yards. Curtis Martin, one man, has 1072 rushing yards. He needs to average 72 yards per game over the next 6 games to reach his goal of 1,500 this season. The New York Jets, who BTW are 7-3 & in the thick of the playoff race, beat Miami twice this year. The game at the Meadowlands saw not one, but TWO different backs get 115 yards each. I coulda sworn someone here said Curtis Martin couldn't get 100 on the Miami defense. I could be wrong though... then again, he can be wrong, too.

As a life-long Jets fan, I know better than to talk smack cuz my team hasn't done anything since Super Bowl III. However, that rule changes when it comes to Miami Doplhins fans. I'd talk smack until the cows come home when I deal with this fan base, which for the most part is ignorant. Why are you guys so damn ****y all the time? Do you realize what year it was the last time you won a Super Bowl? It was 1972, a mere 3 years after the Jets won the only championship in franchise history. Besides this season, every year is so predictable for you guys:

1) "Experts" on ESPN, CBS, FOX & SI pick Miami as a Super Bowl contender

2) You guys win your first games of the season during the warm-weather months

3) Experts say you guys are "for real"

4) The cold weather comes, which means you can't throw the ball & you start losing games.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

You guys missed the valuable lesson that Jason "They Ain't Comin' Back On Us" Taylor's commentary during the Monday Night Miracle should have taught you: DO NOT TALK SMACK WHEN IT COMES TO THE NEW YORK JETS!!

-Vinnie-

Vinnie Zoom said:
This post was first brought to my attention back in August. I bookmarked & waited just for this moment. I just registered on this board just to reply to this:

Bamaphin 22-Is this guy crazy or what? He has six games against defenses like the fins, bills and pats... he seriously thinks he can get 1500 yards this season... he will be lucky to keep his streak of 1000 yards going.

Lights Out-that would be just as amazing as 2000 yards the defenses he sees are not powderpuff ones chances are not good and neither are the jets

DolfanDaveinATX-Actually, he's not that far off. If he stays healthy, he should be able to get 1500 yards in the rest of his career.

Noodle Arm-What's wrong with you guys? Martin can EASILY get 1500 yards rushing this season......on Madden 2005

UltraDol-Fan-I think he could MAYBE get 1500 yards... if he returns kicks and add those...and you add receiving yards...and he gets 50 carries a game...MAYBE
oh yeah, and he would need to be traded to the Ravens so he could play the Brownies twice.

Brad528-I doubt it playing against NE and Miami's running defenses twice a year. THats 4 games without 100 yards

Today, it's November 28, pretty much exactly 3 months after the above messages were first posted. Going into today's games, the 1-9 Miami Dolphins as a team have 849 rushing yards. Curtis Martin, one man, has 1072 rushing yards. He needs to average 72 yards per game over the next 6 games to reach his goal of 1,500 this season. The New York Jets, who BTW are 7-3 & in the thick of the playoff race, beat Miami twice this year. The game at the Meadowlands saw not one, but TWO different backs get 115 yards each. I coulda sworn someone here said Curtis Martin couldn't get 100 on the Miami defense. I could be wrong though... then again, he can be wrong, too.

As a life-long Jets fan, I know better than to talk smack cuz my team hasn't done anything since Super Bowl III. However, that rule changes when it comes to Miami Doplhins fans. I'd talk smack until the cows come home when I deal with this fan base, which for the most part is ignorant. Why are you guys so damn ****y all the time? Do you realize what year it was the last time you won a Super Bowl? It was 1972, a mere 3 years after the Jets won the only championship in franchise history. Besides this season, every year is so predictable for you guys:

4) The cold weather comes, which means you can't throw the ball & you start losing games.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

You guys missed the valuable lesson that Jason "They Ain't Comin' Back On Us" Taylor's commentary during the Monday Night Miracle should have taught you: DO NOT TALK SMACK WHEN IT COMES TO THE NEW YORK JETS!!

-Vinnie-
well said :)

Just an update

Curtis Martin needs to average 49.75 rushing yards over the next four games to hit his pre-season goal of 1,500 yards.

-Vinnie-

Vinnie Zoom said:

Lather, rinse, repeat.

-Vinnie-
Great post. :D

LOL! 200 yards to go in 4 games for 1500.

I guess this isnt the worst prediction you guys have made this year though.

I remember seeing threads where over 60% of you guys thought 8-8 w/o Ricky was possible.

How does a big :rofl: feel?

Icer said:
LOL! 200 yards to go in 4 games for 1500.

I guess this isnt the worst prediction you guys have made this year though.

I remember seeing threads where over 60% of you guys thought 8-8 w/o Ricky was possible.

How does a big :rofl: feel?
8-8?...these delusional m'fers thought they could still go 10-6 or 11-5 w/o Richard :lol: :shakeno:

DolfanDaveInATX said:
Actually, he's not that far off. If he stays healthy, he should be able to get 1500 yards in the rest of his career.

Curtis Martin's chances of gaining 1500 yards this season are roughly the same as any of Miami's quarterbacks throwing for 5000 yards this season. :roflmao:
Very good prediction! Talk to us at the end of the season.

Well guys, when I first saw this topic I knew I had to bookmark it for right about now. Curtis promised us 1,500, and GUESS WHAT DOLPHINS FANS. HE GAVE US 1,500!!
Congrats Curtis thanks for ANOTHER stellar season!! GO JETS!!

1,511 yards with 2 games left. I'll keep you guys updated on how he does. :vault:
:dedolfan:

Last edited by a moderator:
Damnit, Penny!

You beat me to the punch, lol. I still can't believe how none of these ignoramuses have had the balls to reply to us over the past couple of months. Now that Curtis is officially past 1,500, let's see if they've got the integrity to admit that they were 100% wrong about our running back & our football team as a whole.

-Vinnie-

Am I the only one that finds it odd that you all are obsessing over something as small as what a few Miami fans think? You know what? Who cares what anyone thinks about your runningback. I know I sure as hell don't care that most Jets fans think Zach Thomas is overrated. Everyone has an opinion, a lot of them will be opposite of yours. Deal with it......

You see what happens when you talk trash in AUG !!!!

CURTIS MY FAVORITE MARTIN !!!!!!!!!!!! leading the league in rushing for
1511 and counting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom