cut mare | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

cut mare

dolfan2010

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
im tired of this guy's bad kicks,we need a new kicker!!!!Last yr he missed alot the yr before he cost us the pats game by missing (2)30 yard kicks!!!missing 40 yard kicks at mini camp..wow has he fallen from the RANKS!!!!But the biggest thing im tired of is his high salary too!!!! What do we pay this guy anyways over 2 million a yr....way too much money on a kicker!!!

How bad was the wind blowing? Was it raining? Missing a 40 yarder in the conditions Mini-camp was played in makes a difference.

He missed two over the weekend. That's enough for me when he's coming off last year. Or at least get someone to compete with him, take a pay cut or something.

The way he has been playing the last 2 years, I'd be more than happy with some camp competition. But I don't think cutting him is cap friendly. Anyone know his cap number? Anyone know of any good available kickers?

Ohhhhhhhhh........... wait until the Mare fanbois show up.

He hasn't been reliable on FG since Blevins left.

He makes one of three kicks in 2003 (Houston, NE (2x)) we make playoffs and NE is outside looking in.

We'd save $1,050,000 versus the cap this year but add $2,067,499 to next year as dead cap.

clownfish said:
The way he has been playing the last 2 years, I'd be more than happy with some camp competition. But I don't think cutting him is cap friendly. Anyone know his cap number? Anyone know of any good available kickers?

That's the thing: you can't just cut the guy unless there's somebody better available. He's still good on touchbacks and onside kicks.

I think Mare is a good kicker but NOT WORTH the money we pay him...

He's been overpaid for a few years now...what's his salary? 2 mil. or something a year?????

RonnieExpress said:
How bad was the wind blowing? Was it raining? Missing a 40 yarder in the conditions Mini-camp was played in makes a difference.

Don't make excuses for the kicker (or any kicker for that matter), his accuracy has been in steady decline for the past three year. He killed us in that pats game, I know the 2nd one was blocked, but the first one was inexcusable......

TheMageGandalf said:
I think Mare is a good kicker but NOT WORTH the money we pay him...

He's been overpaid for a few years now...what's his salary? 2 mil. or something a year?????

I agree.

While he is still a very good kicker, he is not a good value for his salary.

Hopefully, he can have a great year this year

Open up the competition, and let another kicker come in and challenge for the job. I would not be adverse to keeping him around but not at his current salary. If he will not restructure, cut his a@@ and find someone cheaper.

I think if he doesn't have a huge turn around this year he needs to get a pay cut and I think we need to bring in some competition just to see if he would step it up

Back
Top Bottom