cut mare | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

cut mare

I'm convinced Mare's alignment is off. Before his approach on FG attempts he is standing maybe 6 inches further to his right, closer to head on, than in his peak years. I've looked at tapes one after another and shown them to friends and everyone has agreed. I posted that on another Dolphin forum at least two years ago. I wrote a letter to the team but they ignored me. Perhaps this regime will be more receptive. Anyone who plays golf understands how vital alignment can be, and how you can alter it negatively without even knowing it. Mare's leg swing will naturally be different if his angle of approach is not the same.

LarryFinFan said:
This Mare and the NE talk is BS...the offense couldn't move the ball, Wanny played (as usual) not to lose, and in crunch time (as usual) the D let us down...it's not Mare's fault for that loss. Look back to that game and you'll remember that even tho it hurt when he missed the last kick, he was NOT the main cause for that loss.

Mare has not been the same since Westhoff and Blevins were canned by Wanny...thanks again for screwing the Fins, Wanny...

Mare probably will do a restructure next year, but his salary is not excessive by standards that he has set...he is still in the top 5 or 6 accuracy for his career, despite missing two kicks when injured last season. His KOs into the endzone is a big part of any success our ST have had in his career here. Let it be...he's not the problem...our problems are...well...that's for another thread...

Come on man, let's leave wanny out of this. B/c even with wany's a$$ getting tight at the end of the game it came down to that kick: Mare makes it we win he misses it we don't.....

PassRush said:
To be fair he has been hurt the past two seasons. I could also go off on the predictable tangent about the baseball turf but I wont. No argument, he is no longer the most acurate kicker in the NFL. You can say all you want about missing a 40 yarder at minicamp; I also saw him nail three consecutive 60 yarders at minicamp, on wet turf, against the wind. He is still one of the better kickers in the league and in a clutch, there are only three or four kickers I would take over him.

Mini camp means nothing to me. whether he misses a 40 yarder or makes a 60 yarder. In the game he does set our defense with good position more often than not. But last year and this year we need a dependable FG kicker. When you have a young QB and a struggling offense moral victories come in the form of 3 first downs and 3 points. we no longer have that "given" 3 points. Do want him cut like some others suggest? no. that just ridiculous at this point in the game. His pay is NOT on par with his production. I would have made him restructure prior to last year and/or brought in a kicker to push him in last year's TC he needs to be sent a message instead of coddled.....

I agree, training camp means nothing, I saw him miss a 40 yarder then nail three 60 yarders with plenty of room to spare. All minicamp does is skew fans preceptions of players. I am not aware of the details of Mare's contract, but I am sure the last two years he has not lived up to that contract. I really cannot argue the decline in his productivity but to suggest cutting a top 10 kicker is insipid. I am confident he will do better next season.

I was hoping we could maybe draft Mike Nugent of Ohio State but the smelly Jets decided to use a 1st round pick to get him...kind of a steep price but we all know how much their kicking game sucks (See Jets-Steelers playoff game last year). With that said, even though we have lost some games from Mare's kicks he has won some too...I just am not crazy about Mare's salary.....the Univ of Colorado has probably the best college kicker...I think he is going to be a junior this year...named Mason Crosby,.,,he kicked a 60+ yarder......would be nice to pick up a kicker like this.

Roman529 said:
I was hoping we could maybe draft Mike Nugent of Ohio State but the smelly Jets decided to use a 1st round pick to get him...kind of a steep price but we all know how much their kicking game sucks (See Jets-Steelers playoff game last year). With that said, even though we have lost some games from Mare's kicks he has won some too...I just am not crazy about Mare's salary.....the Univ of Colorado has probably the best college kicker...I think he is going to be a junior this year...named Mason Crosby,.,,he kicked a 60+ yarder......would be nice to pick up a kicker like this.

Jets got him for a second, not a first.

Wagon Circler said:
Jets got him for a second, not a first.

My bad....the Jets 1st pick not first round....still too high a price for a kicker
I think, but better than the Raiders taking Janikowski in the first round.

Janikowski is a drunk.....here is a kicker who is just as good as Mike Nugent. Colorado's Mason Crosby.

208746-1.jpg

There is no one else even close to being half as good on the market. RESTRUCTURE his contract and this year will determine whether or not he'll remain on the team as I believe it is the final year of his contract...

Mare does need to restructure is contract. He does make way too much money for being average.

i can tell you right now I'm a Mare fan. However even I admit this HAS to be his last year to prove himself.
His amazing onside kicks come just as rare as i've been getting laid lately.
His amazing kickoffs are great for field position however they don't win us games.

NOW.... his missed FG's at the end of 4th quarters that could have put us in the playoffs.....well.....like i said...I'm a mare fan at heart but this will be his last season as a fin if he doesn't prove himself.

The money is over paid and I seriously hope he takes a small pay cut or else I'm up for grabbing someone else.

I just hate to see him go.

(Still remembering that Broncos game WOW)

Cut him already!!!!!!!!!!! He makes Ray Finkle look like a pro bowler! Plus he makes entirely way too much money.

Back
Top Bottom