Cutler agrees to sign for fins | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler agrees to sign for fins

In my head I know Cutler was probably best choice for a quick fix in a pinch and that if we didn't sign Kap, it was based on football choices. I can say that because Gase had tons of time to talk with Kap, review his tapes and everything when Gase was favored to get the 49ers job after Harbaugh left and probably weighed what he saw into the choice of Culter or Kap.

With that said, not a fan of the personality Cutler shows on the sideline, in media, loved when Marshall threw a ball at his face but at the end of the day if he gets the team wins, all that matters. Hell never know, his wife was famous for being on some OC show, maybe we get a Miami version!(have to look on bright side of things I guess)

Kap had baggage too so we go with who Gase wanted.

The last time Moore was the regular starter was in 2011. He took over when the team was 0 and 7 and then won 6 out of the next 9 games. That would have been good enough to be the starter the next season for any other team. I'm not saying he's better than Tannehill but the Dolphins are still lucky to have him on the team. He lost to New England in the playoffs last season but so did everyone else. NFL network said that Matt Moore's QBR was only 3rd to Brady's and Matt Ryan's the last three games.

I like to give Moore the benefit of the doubt that year also . . . but technically he was 6-6 that year. He came in game 4 when Henne went down and they lost. Then he lost his next 3 starts, before finishing the year 6-3.

He lost to New England in week 17 and Pittsburgh on the road in the playoffs in frigid weather. Nothing to be ashamed of and I have to snicker when people think Ryan Tannehill would of won the playoff game . . . especially when this team lost to Baltimore on the road a month in the year like 38-6. Sure anything is possible but its not fair to Matt Moore to use that assumption to strengthen a case for Ryan Tannehill performing much better. Not to mention the team was a mash unit by the time they got to Pittsburgh.

Just trying to set the facts straight.

I'm watching NFL NETWORK and the respect they have for Jay Cutler's talent is just plain crazy. They are saying that Cutler makes the Dolphins a scary team, even as far as saying winning the AFC East.
I (myself) on board the Cutler's bandwagon. Tannehill showed a lot of improvements and it's very unfortunate that he might never play a down for the Dolphins again. People, Fairweather fans, Greatweather fans, Badweather fans, we now have a legit quaterback and he came at the right time during training camp and has 4 preseason games to showcase his gunslinger mentality.

So......what does next years QB crop look like?

Whatever it looks like, Jets, Jags, perhaps chargers, Redskins are getting first crack at them. I can easily see the future now, Cousins hits the open market, forum is filled with SIGN COUSINS

Ok, so we signed him, no looking back now. I love my team and I will root like hell for them. Never been a fan of Cutler, but he's a Dolphin now. Guess we'll see what kind of shape he is in tomorrow. Hopefully he can start connecting with our really good WRs soon. Welcome to Miami Jay Cutler.

What's with all these aging, washed up QB's being listed for interest?

Is Gase an just an offensive mind or is he also this QB guru we seemingly hear about?

Seems as if the latter was the case we could be able to go out and actually acquire a young QB that's needs some development. That would be smarter and thinking ahead with a plan in place for the future instead of just slapping a sloppy patch on the problem.

What's with all these aging, washed up QB's being listed for interest?

Is Gase an just an offensive mind or is he also this QB guru we seemingly hear about?

Seems as if the latter was the case we could be able to go out and actually acquire a young QB that's needs some development. That would be smarter and thinking ahead with a plan in place for the future instead of just slapping a sloppy patch on the problem.

It's a one year rental only. No time to groom some young qb laying around waiting for a call. I trust Gase here.

Ah okay, so the same people(media) that point out and question his heart when he is on the sidelines of playoff impacting games because his head hurts, his finger has a pinched nerve, etc are the ones that now feel like he adds that missing piece to a team, gotcha. I hate that cows are killed but man I love burgers! So many people are displaying signs of Stockholm Syndrome right now that I can't even shake my head. I would love, LOVE to be wrong but I don't see him as that missing piece... 8 to 9 wins and it was a good move season wise but I just don't see him playing every game. Hoping for the best but never will I see Jay Cutler and think "championship here we come!"

Back
Top Bottom