Cutler agrees to sign for fins | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler agrees to sign for fins

I'm watching NFL NETWORK and the respect they have for Jay Cutler's talent is just plain crazy. They are saying that Cutler makes the Dolphins a scary team, even as far as saying winning the AFC East.
I (myself) on board the Cutler's bandwagon. Tannehill showed a lot of improvements and it's very unfortunate that he might never play a down for the Dolphins again. People, Fairweather fans, Greatweather fans, Badweather fans, we now have a legit quaterback and he came at the right time during training camp and has 4 preseason games to showcase his gunslinger mentality.

If his knee is healthy he starts next season. Cutler will not replace him. This whole mindset is so ridiculous. Enjoy your wagon. Most of us will still root for our team and hope he does well but make no mistake..... there won't be much of a cutler bandwagon.

I may be wrong, but I see Cutler continuing to be the tease he has always been. He's Jeff George 2.0 in more ways than one.

Didn't say he would.....but also don't think he'd pay what could be $13 million dollars to a 34 yr old, out of shape, lackadaisical non-leader type QB who just had shoulder surgery as well as some question as to how much he really wants to play.
Honestly... I see Jay Cutler as the same type of QB as RH, a good qb that has never played up to his potential. Hopefully Jay Cutler takes this as the opportunity to prove to everyone that with the right opportunity he can deliver. At the very least I trust that he can be competitive throughout the year and help the team progress until RT returns in 2018.

I'm watching NFL NETWORK and the respect they have for Jay Cutler's talent is just plain crazy. They are saying that Cutler makes the Dolphins a scary team, even as far as saying winning the AFC East.
I (myself) on board the Cutler's bandwagon. Tannehill showed a lot of improvements and it's very unfortunate that he might never play a down for the Dolphins again. People, Fairweather fans, Greatweather fans, Badweather fans, we now have a legit quaterback and he came at the right time during training camp and has 4 preseason games to showcase his gunslinger mentality.

Cutler sucks and retired because nobody would give him a starting job, hardly a 'legit qb'

No time to groom a QB is a lame excuse. It's the coaching staff and FO's fault that no one was ready to take over. Now we're left scrambling for an injured and retired QB. Keeping Moore around if he can't get the job done has been a very poor decision. Why this coaching staff is getting a pass for this is beyond me.

It's no sure thing to bank on Tannehill now that we are fully aware of the injury setbacks. Surgery has inherent risks as well. Whose to say we aren't in this very same position next year in the beginning or middle of the '18 season. The fact that we haven't been developing more talent at the QB is a very poor look and it's costed us. If Gase is this supposed QB guru then we need to have young talent being established for the future.

I've been beating the Moore is trash drum since the henne days. Blaming this staff for going one year with Moore is a bit much as it's been a systematic failure for almost 5-6 years now. This current situation though...I mean you knew tannehills knew was a "time bomb"....maybe cutler was always the back up plan?

No doubt that our FO has neglected the QB position(other than Tannehill)for years. Drating a QB in the 7th round every 3 years is not the way to go these days in the NFL. I don't expect to have two top 10 QB's on the roster but the FO has to do better than this. I'll be rooting for Cutler to do well because he's on our team but when your #1 QB goes down then you should have a young guy waiting in the wings that you feel has the potential at least to develop into a legit starter. Too much riding on the QB for us not to be ready. Moore can get you by for a few weeks at most. I hate bringing this back up again but those picks we used on Carroo(nothing personal with him)could have been better use like in possibly a QB?....smh

Ozzy rules!!

The defense will decide our fate

[laughs nervously]

Our defense, both scheme and personnel wise, is incapable of sustaining the team. It's designed to disrupt the passing game which can only happen if we take and hold on to the lead.

Last edited:
Defense should be way this year but still not team carrying good

Back
Top Bottom