Cutler agrees to sign for fins | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler agrees to sign for fins

I for one support this. Cutler has always got a bum rap, much the same as Tannehill, actually (although for different reasons). But he's a fine QB, even if he does make the occasional blunder -which will stand out even more because Tanny takes such good care of the ball. He also makes greats throws, however, and most importantly, he had a pretty solid year with Gase a couple of seasons ago. It's the right system for him and I think the Miami heat will suit him well. Why did he seem so darn moody all the time? Because it was so darn cold in Chicago!

What's with all these aging, washed up QB's being listed for interest?

Is Gase an just an offensive mind or is he also this QB guru we seemingly hear about?

Seems as if the latter was the case we could be able to go out and actually acquire a young QB that's needs some development. That would be smarter and thinking ahead with a plan in place for the future instead of just slapping a sloppy patch on the problem.

Cutler was probably Gase's call. The rest reek of Tannenbum. I mean, Orton? Ponder? Better off sticking with Moore and Doughty (or however you spell his name).

They are clearly in win now mode and so went with the desperation play and paid a lot to do it.

at least i have some level of excitement to see what cutler may bring to the table.

if tannehill was done for the year and matt moore was our unquestioned number one QB, there would be no level of excitement about the upcoming season.

i would watch, because i live and die with this team, but now cutler is a wild card i'm looking forward to seeing.

for our offense to move up in the ranks we'll need more than good QB play, we'll need for the o-line to be much better than last year. As of right now we have Tunsil at LT, who the heck knows at LG, a center that gets hurt walking out to the field, the worst RG in the NFL last year and James at RT
Not trying to be negative but that o-line doesn't exactly make me feel good.

Ozzy rules!!

Honestly... I see Jay Cutler as the same type of QB as RH, a good qb that has never played up to his potential. Hopefully Jay Cutler takes this as the opportunity to prove to everyone that with the right opportunity he can deliver. At the very least I trust that he can be competitive throughout the year and help the team progress until RT returns in 2018.

So.....a QB given the privilege of being an NFL starter and playing 10 years in the league had all that time to "play up to his potential" but never did (despite being younger, much better condition and without wear & tear that has built up) is now gonna take the opportunity to prove everyone wrong??? He's had all the time and more to do so over his career - did he wait until now to keep everyone is suspense??? A guy who's been sitting on his butt in a studio chair practicing for a career in TV for months probably not exercising or working out (who even knows if he's even THROWN A FOOTBALL since his surgery) is gonna come riding in on a white horse and save the season??

Cutler was probably Gase's call. The rest reek of Tannenbum. I mean, Orton? Ponder? Better off sticking with Moore and Doughty (or however you spell his name).

They are clearly in win now mode and so went with the desperation play and paid a lot to do it.
I agree that the other options reek of whatever but don't agree that the Cutler move was a panic move.

I really believe that Cutler gives us the best chance of winning now and salvaging our season.

I expect Cutler to at the very least give us the same results RT would have given us.

We have come too far to at least not try to salvage the season.

Laguna-Beach-Gazette-dolphins-2.jpg

I guess the only good thing about this is his familiarity with Gase, cause cutler as a QB never really appealed to me.

Too "me, me, me"

But Gase has earned the benefit of the doubt

It's a bad overall situation but this is the best possible outcome for Miami at this time. You aren't getting a top end starting QB one month out from the season. Cutler has his flaws but you hope for the best and you hope you get a decent year out of him and the rest of the team improves enough where they can carry him

http://www.dolphinstalk.com/2017/08/2017-season-is-now-all-about-jay-cutler.html

So.....a QB given the privilege of being an NFL starter and playing 10 years in the league had all that time to "play up to his potential" but never did (despite being younger, much better condition and without wear & tear that has built up) is now gonna take the opportunity to prove everyone wrong??? He's had all the time and more to do so over his career - did he wait until now to keep everyone is suspense??? A guy who's been sitting on his butt in a studio chair practicing for a career in TV for months probably not exercising or working out (who even knows if he's even THROWN A FOOTBALL since his surgery) is gonna come riding in on a white horse and save the season??
To be honest, Cutler doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that works his butt off all off-season to be ready for training camp so... I'm quite sure 4 weeks will be more then enough time for him to be in season shape.

And yes I am hoping that the light suddenly does come and he says holy **** this is an amazing opportunity and my chance to prove all of my doubters wrong and end my career as the QB that I have always had the potential to be!

I agree that the other options reek of whatever but don't agree that the Cutler move was a panic move.

I really believe that Cutler gives us the best chance of winning now and salvaging our season.

I expect Cutler to at the very least give us the same results RT would have given us.

We have come too far to at least not try to salvage the season.

Sounds like pretty much the definition of a desperation move. But if you want to argue semantics and be happy about the move, by all means, have at it. I think it's a pretty shitty offseason. Just pray he isn't like previous veteran QBs that we brought in looking for that last big payday. I mean, it's not like he has that kind of attitude, right? Honestly, I can't help but be reminded of David Garrard.

Sounds like pretty much the definition of a desperation move. But if you want to argue semantics and be happy about the move, by all means, have at it. I think it's a pretty ****ty offseason. Just pray he isn't like previous veteran QBs that we brought in looking for that last big payday. I mean, it's not like he has that kind of attitude, right? Honestly, I can't help but be reminded of David Garrard.

And your better option 1 month away from the first game is? Our starting QB is out for the year, yet we made a move to stay competitive. Gase helped Tebow win a playoff game he deserves our confidence. Or just keep whining and be a malcontent.

Sounds like pretty much the definition of a desperation move. But if you want to argue semantics and be happy about the move, by all means, have at it. I think it's a pretty ****ty offseason. Just pray he isn't like previous veteran QBs that we brought in looking for that last big payday. I mean, it's not like he has that kind of attitude, right? Honestly, I can't help but be reminded of David Garrard.
So what would you suggest roll with Moore and hope for the best?

Adam Gases knows Cutler and I trust that he will be able to bring the absolute best out of him.

As a former athlete that left a lot on the field before I was forced to retire I myself would kill to be given the opportunity that Jay Cutler has been given and I pray he seizes the opportunity to be great and doesn't have a slip at the pool and make us look like fools!

A said many times, in Gase I trust. This guy has done so much for us already. Tamed a locker room with his tough but approachable way, fought to keep his guys like Stills, revivved Ryan's career and is an optimist who makes us fans believe in the team. We may very well be pleasantly surprised this year.

Back
Top Bottom