Cutler agrees to sign for fins | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler agrees to sign for fins

CutlerStats2.jpg

to just think that a starting caliber QB, with a rifle arm, that isn't old, that already knows Gase's complex offensive system, was just sitting out there available (for no draft pick compensation) is pretty mind-boggling on its own.

to just think that a starting caliber QB, with a rifle arm, that isn't old, that already knows Gase's complex offensive system, was just sitting out there available (for no draft pick compensation) is pretty mind-boggling on its own.

Pissy Pennington...

No time to groom a QB is a lame excuse. It's the coaching staff and FO's fault that no one was ready to take over. Now we're left scrambling for an injured and retired QB. Keeping Moore around if he can't get the job done has been a very poor decision. Why this coaching staff is getting a pass for this is beyond me.

It's no sure thing to bank on Tannehill now that we are fully aware of the injury setbacks. Surgery has inherent risks as well. Whose to say we aren't in this very same position next year in the beginning or middle of the '18 season. The fact that we haven't been developing more talent at the QB is a very poor look and it's costed us. If Gase is this supposed QB guru then we need to have young talent being established for the future.

Gase has been the HC for 1 year. We had a 28 year old QB that hadn't missed a start in 4 years. It was week 13 by the time Tanehill got injured. When did you want the team to develope this young QB that is capable of being a full time starter and winning games?

We already had / have a very capable backup that can win games, proven by the fact that Moore came in and helped us win 3 out of 4 to make the playoffs. That doesn't mean that the backup QB is the best option if your starter is out for the entire season. I can't think of many teams that would be comfortable sticking with the backup QB if their starting QB went down. Even if they did, you still need a good backup QB.

Things didn't go as we all expected with Tanehill's rehab. I don't think anyone could have predicted he would be out for the season a week before the preseason started. Even if they did, young backup QBs that can come in to start an entire season, and win games aren't easy to find.

This is year 2 for Gase, and you expect him to have already developed a young QB behind the young QB he was in the process of developing? Seems unrealistic, to put it kindly.

And your better option 1 month away from the first game is? Our starting QB is out for the year, yet we made a move to stay competitive. Gase helped Tebow win a playoff game he deserves our confidence. Or just keep whining and be a malcontent.

So what would you suggest roll with Moore and hope for the best?

Adam Gases knows Cutler and I trust that he will be able to bring the absolute best out of him.

As a former athlete that left a lot on the field before I was forced to retire I myself would kill to be given the opportunity that Jay Cutler has been given and I pray he seizes the opportunity to be great and doesn't have a slip at the pool and make us look like fools!

There is no good option this late in the offseason, that's why it's a desperation move. Sorry that comment gets your aqua and orange panties in a wad, Dajesus, but that's not my problem.

AXA, thanks for not responding like a douche; tough call. I wouldn't spend $10 million+ on a player with questionable heart and ability at this point in his career. I take the shot on the younger player with upside and more ability at this point in his career, with potential trade value if he plays well. Plus, how much of that Cutler money could have been rolled over to next year?

Anyways, at that price, anything short of the playoffs is a big problem, because they are saying they can compete now in every other unit. I'm not entirely convinced they are at that point yet, regardless of last season's record. Felt next year was the real chance to be a contender. This hurts that, financially (if I'm not mistaken about the cap rollover, which I very well could be).

There is no good option this late in the offseason, that's why it's a desperation move. Sorry that comment gets your aqua and orange panties in a wad, Dajesus, but that's not my problem.

AXA, thanks for not responding like a douche; tough call. I wouldn't spend $10 million+ on a player with questionable heart and ability at this point in his career. I take the shot on the younger player with upside and more ability at this point in his career, with potential trade value if he plays well. Plus, how much of that Cutler money could have been rolled over to next year?

Anyways, at that price, anything short of the playoffs is a big problem, because they are saying they can compete now in every other unit. I'm not entirely convinced they are at that point yet, regardless of last season's record. Felt next year was the real chance to be a contender. This hurts that, financially (if I'm not mistaken about the cap rollover, which I very well could be).

Still complaining and have no other viable option. Who is the younger player with upside and trade ability on August 6th?

I've been seeing a bunch of "upgraded the position" opinions on social media by supposed pundits as well as by some non fins fans. I've also seen quite the opposite reaction too so there doesn't seem to be much middle ground.

I would strongly disagree that this is an upgrade over Tannehill- as a matter of fact IMO its quite the opposite! However there's a large enough faction of insiders who are positive about this move that I admit it makes me more hopeful

Pretty unbelievable... but ya exactly at the very least I expect to do at least as well as with RT.

For the record I am pro Taney but feel Cutler is at least as good and we will see zero drop off.

And Cutler is only 34 not like he's as old as Brady!

Back
Top Bottom