Cutler is NOT better than Leinart or Young | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler is NOT better than Leinart or Young

SpeedRush99 said:
Why? Same difference according to your explanantion. If he had the talent they would have seen it. :rolleyes2

please dude hes once in a lifetime and times have changed since like 20 years ago. Schools study players a lot more than in the past to get the best player

dolfan3431 said:
dude all he had was one notable season and that wasn't even that good. Leinart was all 1st team pac ten 3 times. The only Qb that could compete with cutler was Leak and he was learning a new system

Pac 10 is nothing compared to the SEC. Cutler didn't have near as many weapons as Leinart either. He was forced to run a option offense his first couple years there and when put in a pro style offense he improved greatly, hence your "one notable season".

Brodie Croyle? DJ Shockley? Jamarcus Russell? There are other QBs in the SEC besides Leak.

dolfan3431 said:
i agree if he was better he would have went to a better football school than vandy
Here are some QBs from schools that aren't exactly football powerhouses:
Terry Bradshaw- Louisiana Tech
Johnny Unitas- Louisville
Brett Favre- Southern Mississippi
Ben Roethlisberger- Miami Ohio
Kurt Warner- Northern Iowa
Byron Leftwich- Marshall

And much more that I can't think of.

alright, you guys win all i'm trying to say is that I agree he is not better than Leinart or Young and that he is a little over hyped. Besides Brees is our future right.:D We don't want to agrue over or defend a future jet now do we:wink:

LOL. This is why the guy isnt a scout. Using his reasoning no player who played on a losing team would ever be drafted before players on a winning team. Flawed reasoning.

adamprez2003 said:
LOL. This is why the guy isnt a scout. Using his reasoning no player who played on a losing team would ever be drafted before players on a winning team. Flawed reasoning.

your right thats is why i am not a scout but i said i was wrong now drop it i just voiced my opinon ok dude

dolfan3431 said:
i agree if he was better he would have went to a better football school than vandy
if anything it just shows how good cutler can be one day because he apparently wasn't that good of a prospect coming out of high school, and now he's a top 10 pick.

ya but again you have to go back at ryan leaf and look at the school the school he came from, its a terrible football school and hes got the same tools has cutler. So don't hype cutler up too much hes good but not better than the other two

dolfan3431 said:
ya but again you have to go back at ryan leaf and look at the school the school he came from, its a terrible football school and hes got the same tools has cutler. So don't hype cutler up too much hes good but not better than the other two

All a matter of opinion at this poiint.

dolfan3431 said:
Washington State's football program is far from terrible. Also, E-sports.com rated it the 17th best quarterback school in the country- http://www.e-sports.com/articles/385/1/Which-college-is-%22Quarterback-U%3F%22

dolfan3431 said:
your right thats is why i am not a scout but i said i was wrong now drop it i just voiced my opinon ok dude

I wasnt talking about you, I was commenting on the writer- sorry if you took it the wrong way

dolfan3431 said:
how many times has washington state been in the rose bowl the last 15 years? a lot more times than vanderbilt has even had a winning season (which is 0). what school a player goes to has NOTHING to do with their abilities. absolutely nothing. and leaf doesn't have the same tools as cutler; cutler is far more athletic.

Cutler did to 23 reps at 225 lbs. Just thought I'd throw that in, not sure if it was already posted. Pretty impressive though.

At this point, I'm not really concerned about Cutler, because I believe that Brees is or #1 option and Culpepper is our #2. He will likely go as high as #4 or as low as #22 (Cowboys). Pesonally, I think we need to get a OL or a DB in RD 1. We could get a QB, but only in RD 3 or lower. I don't feel comfortable prasing a QB that will go to the Jets.

Back
Top Bottom