Cutler is NOT better than Leinart or Young | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler is NOT better than Leinart or Young

dm416 said:
At this point, I'm not really concerned about Cutler, because I believe that Brees is or #1 option and Culpepper is our #2. He will likely go as high as #4 or as low as #22 (Cowboys). Pesonally, I think we need to get a OL or a DB in RD 1. We could get a QB, but only in RD 3 or lower. I don't feel comfortable prasing a QB that will go to the Jets.

Jets? My bet is Titans.

dm416 said:
People have been saying that Cutler may jump Leinart or Young in the draft. This is a really good article about the hype surrounding Jay Cutler.
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9265112

I love these thread titles that lead you to believe someone in fact knows who will be better in the NFL. "Cutler is NOT *#@ thunder claps in background*#@ better than Leinart or Young!

Then you look to see their whole basis is citing the opinion of one of the 1000 sports writers that all have a different opinion.

That article is NOT telling in any way about who is a greater prospect.

No one knows for sure not even the experts let alone some idiot on CBS Sportsline. There are many on this board that I would take an opinion over many talking heads in the media.

IMO, 2 QB's are head and shoulders above the other.
Those 2 great prospects are Leinart and Cutler over Young.
Both have the physical tools, accuracy and mind set that an NFL QB needs to have.

Vince Young will not be able to fall back on his running skills to take over a game and teams will game plan to take his dink and dunk game away from him in the NFL.

Personally, I'd be very dissapointed if we took Young at #16.
Way too much of a project for a mid first round pick.
Just my opinion on it.

We all have em, we'll just wait and see.

Young is the best QB in the draft. He singlehandedly tore apart USC. He's a bigger version of Michael Vick. If you could pick one QB to win one game (between Young, Leinart, and Cutler). You take Young, Leinart, and Cutler in that order. Young is an offense by himself, and so is Cutler. But Young has proven he is the best QB in the draft. (see Rose Bowl) Leinart requires talent around him (Reggie Bush, Dwayne Jarret, Steve Smith) which is why he will probably go to the Saints. (Deuce McCallister, Joe Horn, Dante Stallworth). Plus, I really don't want to see Vince Young in a Jets uniform, it would cause us problems for the next 7 years. :boohoo:

dm416 said:
Young is the best QB in the draft. He singlehandedly tore apart USC. He's a bigger version of Michael Vick. If you could pick one QB to win one game (between Young, Leinart, and Cutler). You take Young, Leinart, and Cutler in that order. Young is an offense by himself, and so is Cutler. But Young has proven he is the best QB in the draft. (see Rose Bowl) Leinart requires talent around him (Reggie Bush, Dwayne Jarret, Steve Smith) which is why he will probably go to the Saints. (Deuce McCallister, Joe Horn, Dante Stallworth). Plus, I really don't want to see Vince Young in a Jets uniform, it would cause us problems for the next 7 years. :boohoo:
Unlike you I don't base my opinion of a QB on one game where he had success against the 39th ranked defense in the nation. I'd love to see him on the Jets, the Dolphins D would own him for years to come. He hasn't proven squat yet.

SpeedRush99 said:
Unlike you I don't base my opinion of a QB on one game where he had success against the 39th ranked defense in the nation. I'd love to see him on the Jets, the Dolphins D would own him for years to come. He hasn't proven squat yet.

I'm not basing it all on 1 game. He did great the whole season. Why would you want to see him on the jets? As much as I hate to say it, Pennington caused us enough problems with his noodle of an arm. Vince Young would totally revamp the Jets offense, something I don't want to see.

Cutler is worlds more talented than Leinart and a little less talented than Young, thats just my opinion

QBs look like this

1- Young
2- Cutler
3- Leinart/Croyle
4- Jacobs

3 is a tie, Leinart is more polished but long term I think Croyle could end up being the better player

dolfan3431 said:
i agree if he was better he would have went to a better football school than vandy

OMG Where did Jerry Rice go to College ? :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Terrel Owens went to the Universty Of Tn Chatt.

dolfan3431 said:
better school than Vandy

Miami of Ohio is not better than Vandy. May have a better Football team every now and then but overall its not even close! You know sometimes people actually want an education and Vandy has one of the best. Also a very very rich school.

Flyer22 said:
Here are some QBs from schools that aren't exactly football powerhouses:
Terry Bradshaw- Louisiana Tech
Johnny Unitas- Louisville
Brett Favre- Southern Mississippi
Ben Roethlisberger- Miami Ohio
Kurt Warner- Northern Iowa
Byron Leftwich- Marshall

And much more that I can't think of.

Marshall also had Chad Pennington! Oh and not a QB but Randy Moss!:wink:

Juan Cribbs said:
how many times has washington state been in the rose bowl the last 15 years? a lot more times than vanderbilt has even had a winning season (which is 0). what school a player goes to has NOTHING to do with their abilities. absolutely nothing. and leaf doesn't have the same tools as cutler; cutler is far more athletic.

Look who Vandy plays every year some of the best school in the Country. They are in the SEC east with Florida, Vols, GA Bulldogs, Kentucky, and South Carolina. That does not count the teams they play from the SEC West. You think the Pac 10 has that many powerhouseS?

dolfan3431 said:
ya i do you can have a guy throwing for 50 td's in divisoin III and have a guy throwing 10 in division I and you r going to tell me D III is better.... no. If cutler is that good he would have been recruited by schools like USC, Michigan, Texas, etc. and scouts would have seen his talent earlier. He may have the physical tools needed but so did ryan leaf and we saw how that panned out

Some guys develop physically later than others. Jeff George was one of the top HS recruits in the country at one time.
Culpepper went to UCF and I don't even know where guys like Kurt Warner, Matt Hasselbeck and Trent Green went to school.

dm416 said:

We are talking about a QB's skills translating to the NFL game. I wouldn't use Michael Vick in my argument, because he's a bust (when considering his draft position). He's not a franchise QB.

Back
Top Bottom