D. Hopkins Fires Shots At Xavien Howard | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D. Hopkins Fires Shots At Xavien Howard

sorry for skipping most of this thread to post this but hopkins is a 4.55 guy that makes a living on DBs poor ball skills. X has better speed and elite ball skills and will shut hopkins down.

edit: fuller and griffen are a greater threat to our D than hopkins.

Hopkins ran a 4.41 and a 4.46 at his pro day.

all of his catches are highly contested. hes a great receiver but he doesn't get great separation, id expect howard to have a good game against hopkins.

"Who's Xavien Howard?" :lol:

Hate to say it but that made me chuckle.

D-1
X-0

all of his catches are highly contested. hes a great receiver but he doesn't get great separation, id expect howard to have a good game against hopkins.

That's not true in fact there isn't any current elite wr that doesn't get separation.

X is a top 10 corner in 2018.

Team mvp thru 7 games

2nd place is tunsil

I'm not sure what you are trying to prove here. Whatever his speed is, he has been dominant. So what is your point?? This isn't a foot race between Hopkins and X.

not really a point just a thought. if we play man and X travels, deandre hopkins will not beat us. with that said, we'll probably coach scared and sit back in our soft zone and hopkins will do his thing.

He might get a flag for that.
I gotta admit I kinda like some of the showmanship that happens over the course of a game/season/career (ala Benny Thompson of the Chefs lifting his leg like a dog urinating on a fire hydrant towards the opposition sideline), but I also admire the players that act like "you've been there before."

I just hope that after X holds him to 2 catches for 13 yards, everyone floods his Twitter with X’s Name

not really a point just a thought. if we play man and X travels, deandre hopkins will not beat us. with that said, we'll probably coach scared and sit back in our soft zone and hopkins will do his thing.

I get it and you do have a good point there but you already know that Burke loves the zone. His creativity is limited. Hopkins will be lined up everywhere causing havoc and further exposing Burke's weaknesses.

That's not true in fact there isn't any current elite wr that doesn't get separation.

Im not the only one who feels this way saw this earlier on the NFl's site...

What's my name? What's my name?

Perhaps the ultimate NFL trash talk burn comes when a star player claims he's never heard of a potential up-and-coming player.

Earlier this week, Dolphins cornerback Xavien Howard told reporters that Texans star wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins "likes to push off a lot." When informed of Howard's observation, Hopkins responded, "Who's Xavien Howard?"

Howard has made a name for himself for being boom-or-bust in coverage. Per Pro Football Focus, Howard has been giving up a whopping 10.7 yards per target in coverage (86th in NFL) and has allowed two touchdowns. Conversely, his three interceptions are tied for the NFL lead.

If Howard goes toe-to-toe with Hopkins, he should see plenty of work. The Pro Bowl wideout has seen 71 targets this season but has struggled to gain separation (2.2 yards per average). Still, Hopkins is averaging 101 yards per game -- joining Adam Thielen and Julio Jones as the only players to eclipse the 100-yard average this season.

A stifling performance against Hopkins and Will Fuller could go a long way into helping Howard gain a bigger reputation among NFL wide receivers, and bolster the Dolphins chances of victory.

I thought Howard had a solid game, didn't see him get beat by Hopkins much. I'm sure he earned Hopkins respect. I also saw Hopkins whining to refs a lot, looking for cheap calls.

Back
Top Bottom