D. Hopkins Fires Shots At Xavien Howard | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D. Hopkins Fires Shots At Xavien Howard

Typically I'm all against smack talking before the game. That lead-up week its always a mistake. But, during the game I'm all for it.

In this instance, Howard is the beneficiary of this smack talk. He's not going to get outraged and blow assignments, get over-aggressive, or afraid. This just intensifies his work ethic and preparation … so I'm expecting Howard to do fairly well against Hopkins. Hopkins' disrespect only helps us, and Howard didn't really disrespect Hopkins, but even if Hopkins uses it as a motivator, I think overall it helps the Dolphins.

Howard does well against big , physical receivers, and has enough speed to stay with Hopkins deep. Don't be surprised if Howard gets an INT in this one. This matchup will be all about 2 things, 1) can Hopkins get separation, and 2) can the QB deliver him the ball in that window before Howard recovers to potentially intercept it.

I have confidence that we'll do well in this one, and that Howard will hold his own.

X going to be tested. Living in Charlotte this reminds me of Josh Norman’s “coming out” game against Odell Beckham. This defense needs a jolt quickly if they don’t want this season to slip away.

sorry for skipping most of this thread to post this but hopkins is a 4.55 guy that makes a living on DBs poor ball skills. X has better speed and elite ball skills and will shut hopkins down.

edit: fuller and griffen are a greater threat to our D than hopkins.

The “who’s so and so” is old and not humorous anymore.

You have to be more clever than that. Such as when Joey Porter (playing for us at the time) was asked about Vernon Davis (who had talked smack) responded with, “he wasn’t even on the scouting report”.

First pass to Davis he’s wide open about 25-30 yards downfield and dropped a perfect ball right in the chest. Porter jogged alongside him back to the LOS, to which Dierdorff quipped, “Joey Porter expressing his condolences to Vernon Davis on that drop”.

Give us something to work with D’Andre. You can do better than that.

Um X isn't elite yet and Hopkins is a top tier WR in this league since his day 1. My money is on Hopkins but X was right in his assessment

Exactly. Dolphins players hyped here aren't necessarily viewed that way around the league. Every season we seem to start decently on defense and players are inflated as a result. Last season we didn't allow more than 20 points until the 6th game and this year not until the 4th game.

Too bad this game is Thursday night because normally a road game after a loss means an inspired defensive effort. Last week did not set up well as short home underdog after winning outright as larger home underdog. The sports media does an inept job of relaying situational trends and often that leads to fans anticipating an up performance when it's really a down week, and vice versa.

Exactly. Dolphins players hyped here aren't necessarily viewed that way around the league. Every season we seem to start decently on defense and players are inflated as a result. Last season we didn't allow more than 20 points until the 6th game and this year not until the 4th game.

Too bad this game is Thursday night because normally a road game after a loss means an inspired defensive effort. Last week did not set up well as short home underdog after winning outright as larger home underdog. The sports media does an inept job of relaying situational trends and often that leads to fans anticipating an up performance when it's really a down week, and vice versa.

When you talked about the up/down trends and how they affect teams, the percentages and probabilities... maybe a few years back... they made perfect sense and I never forgot those posts. Something I had NEVER heard about until reading your posts (I also don't gamble, so theres that).

Dude is gonna be shut down if he doesn't know Xavien. You can't prepare against an opponent when you don't know who he is and what his tendencies are.

Dude is gonna be shut down if he doesn't know Xavien. You can't prepare against an opponent when you don't know who he is and what his tendencies are.

Do you honestly believe he hasn't been watching film on Howard and our secondary this week? He knows who Howard is, He just wanted to throw shade at him

sorry for skipping most of this thread to post this but hopkins is a 4.55 guy that makes a living on DBs poor ball skills. X has better speed and elite ball skills and will shut hopkins down.

edit: fuller and griffen are a greater threat to our D than hopkins.

Lets not get it twisted. Hopkins is ALL PRO and top five WR in the NFL.
HIs stats so far are 47 catches, 707 yards (15 ypr), 4 tds.
He is the biggest threat on their offense. His forty time does not matter.

Honestly, someone who mentions Hopkins as less than elite then references his combine 40 times is clueless and doesn't need to even be addressed. That dude probably lives in Madden world.

does not scare me

Back
Top Bottom