D. Hopkins Fires Shots At Xavien Howard | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D. Hopkins Fires Shots At Xavien Howard

Lol, Ironic that he's accusing X of pushing off. Offensive players get away with that way too much.

Yep and honestly all the top WR's do it, they allow it of course because more points leads to higher ratings, its an offense driven league. If your team is not averaging at least 275 passing in today's NFL u can't compete.

Yep and honestly all the top WR's do it, they allow it of course because more points leads to higher ratings, its an offense driven league. If your team is not averaging at least 275 passing in today's NFL u can't compete.

The Patriots are masters of that cr@#

Hopkins pretending he doesn't know who he is or asking the rhetorical question as if Xavien is a nobody is priceless. If I was X, I'd take that positively.

It's like when someone prefaces a statement with "no disrespect, but ..." or "no offense, but...." --- you immediately know that someone is about to get disrespected/offended. In this case, Hop dismissing X in this manner means he knows exactly who he is and what he is capable of doing. It's passive aggressive fear.

As for X, he's doing exactly what he should be doing. Planting the seed so that the officials might be more willing to flag #10 for a couple of pushoffs. Because X feels that's the only way he's going to get beat.

Lol, Ironic that he's accusing X of pushing off. Offensive players get away with that way too much.
I hope X puts him on his ass. I now want us to physically abuse Hopkins for shooting off his big mouth. If you can’t stop him, beat the **** out of him. We aren’t winning anyway, so I’ll take a getting a pound of flesh from an arrogant **** talker from a team I can’t stand as a nice consolation prize.

I hope X puts him on his ***. I now want us to physically abuse Hopkins for shooting off his big mouth. If you can’t stop him, beat the **** out of him. We aren’t winning anyway, so I’ll take a getting a pound of flesh from an arrogant **** talker from a team I can’t stand as a nice consolation prize.

Jesus Christ dude, dish it out but can't take it much?

Um X isn't elite yet and Hopkins is a top tier WR in this league since his day 1. My money is on Hopkins but X was right in his assessment

Hopkins can run his mouth all he wants, because he may not get many targets. Teams tend to not throw Howard's way.

I don't have many memorable moments from the past 20 years but Brandon Marshall and Revis trash talking each other and the anticipation is one of them. Hopkins is a beast and has been provoked, can't wait to see how X responds.

Hopkins is a beast and that's no offense to X. I'm not sure there is a receiver in the league that can cover him one on one.

Revis did if I recall. Shut him down completely. If Howard ever gets to be even 75% of what Revis was, we’re doing great.

I hope X puts him on his ***. I now want us to physically abuse Hopkins for shooting off his big mouth. If you can’t stop him, beat the **** out of him. We aren’t winning anyway, so I’ll take a getting a pound of flesh from an arrogant **** talker from a team I can’t stand as a nice consolation prize.

Methinks thou dost protect too much! :lol:

Don't like arrogant **** talkers? You do remember Sam Madison, don't you?

It's just sports. Athletes talk ****. It's a favorite pastime. Starts from Pop Warner on up. They're ultra competitive, and some **** talking always happens whether it's reported by the media or not. Most athletes who make it to the NFL are arrogant, and why wouldn't they be? They're the top 1% of the 1% at their craft. Of the millions of people who would love to be in the NFL, there's only room for about 1,900. Hopkins knows exactly who Xavien is. He's watched film on him. He knows that he's an excellent player. That won't stop him from talking **** though.

Jesus Christ dude, dish it out but can't take it much?
That comment irked me. I think X, while obviously still up and coming, deserves a little more respect than that. Sometimes a nerve gets hit, that one hit a nerve with me.

I really don't go for this style of play, but I have been secretly thinking how maybe we should start taking players out since the refs at times let other players disrespect our players by no calls, beatings, clotheslines, etc. etc.. I don't really want us to turn into a dirty team, and I doubt Gase would ever coach us into one, but if they're gonna let others play dirty on us, we should be willing to send a message. Use a backup to crush someone and take the penalty. Half our injuries are because we are being way to careful scared of getting flagged. Eff them. Play hard until they are SORE! Then beat them down with good blocking and run the ball to death. That's how you take the puffiness away from them.

Back
Top Bottom