Daboll to NYG? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daboll to NYG?

some are not gonna want to hear this but this speaks volumes about a coach not wanting to work with Ross/Grier/Tua. if you had one of those 3 positions being a star, Daboll aint taking that NYG job (not that im crying about it). Especially QB-nothing makes a coach's job safer than a star at that position.
Well the Giants don't have a good QB right now.

I didn't really want Dabol but if Ross and Grier wanted him this is a kick in the teeth.

Ross should have fired Grier, I just have no hope what so ever this is gonna work out.

It'll be a year or two of more inconsistent play from the Dolphins and well be right back here again trying to find a GM, a QB and a Coach.

I've lost all hope with Ross as the owner.

Why? I thought Daboll loved Tua? Isnt that why everyone clamored over Daboll?

Either way… here we go again with a first time HC…. Brace yourselves!
While I prefer a head coach with experience. The fact is of the four teams left in the NFL playoffs this year, three of them were first time head coaches when they were hired by their present team. Only Andy Reid had been a head coach before being hired by the Chiefs.

I didn't really want Dabol but if Ross and Grier wanted him this is a kick in the teeth.

Ross should have fired Grier, I just have no hope what so ever this is gonna work out.

It'll be a year or two of more inconsistent play from the Dolphins and well be right back here again trying to find a GM, a QB and a Coach.

Well if they really wanted him they shouldn't have waited so long. They are both idiots!

Well the Giants don't have a good QB right now.
no they don't but they have a newly hired and at the moment respectable GM. Jones is all but gone there anyways and Im sure their owner is not advocating to keep him. The issue with our QB situation is that an owner is deciding for a new coach , who he wants to commit to at QB. So while Tua at best remains an unknown, I cant see why a coveted coach would hitch his wagon to him (Tua).

While I prefer a head coach with experience. The fact is of the four teams left in the NFL playoffs this year, three of them were first time head coaches when they were hired by their present team. Only Andy Reid had been a head coach before being hired by the Chiefs.

The only issue with that… is our track record proves we dont know how to hire em lol

no they don't but they have a newly hired and at the moment respectable GM. Jones is all but gone there anyways and Im sure their owner is not advocating to keep him. The issue with our QB situation is that an owner is deciding for a new coach , who he wants to commit to at QB. So while Tua at best remains an unknown, I cant see why a coveted coach would hitch his wagon to him (Tua).
Actually Mara said they are committed to Jones when he did his press conference.

some are not gonna want to hear this but this speaks volumes about a coach not wanting to work with Ross/Grier/Tua. if you had one of those 3 positions being a star, Daboll aint taking that NYG job (not that im crying about it). Especially QB-nothing makes a coach's job safer than a star at that position.
No it doesn't lol. It'd be one thing if Miami offered him the job, but they haven't. If he takes the NYG job it could just be because he doesn't want to wait for the Miami position to only get spurned for McDaniels or Moore.

Actually Mara said they are committed to Jones when he did his press conference.
i didnt hear it but im assuming it was a long the same lines of Ross saying he was committed to Tua. If Daboll thought highly of Tua, he is taking this job with no question IMO

Perhaps Daboll isn’t or wasn’t Ross’s first choice. Just like all the media reports claiming it was Ross who wanted Watson. All we have read are media reports that Daboll is their first choice but that doesn’t mean any of these media reports are factual.

No it doesn't lol. It'd be one thing if Miami offered him the job, but they haven't. If he takes the NYG job it could just be because he doesn't want to wait for the Miami position to only get spurned for McDaniels or Moore.
It was reported that he was indeed offered the job here and they got into specifics (keeping defensive coaches )

I am not familiar with the tweeter but who knows if it's accurate or not. He's not Whether or Rapport.

However if true and McDaniel turns us down, unless they have Harbaugh in their back pocket, I'm afraid they turn to the coach no one else even wants to interview: Joseph!

Back
Top Bottom