Daboll to NYG? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daboll to NYG?

The only issue with that… is our track record proves we dont know how to hire em lol
Hiring a head coach is all about luck. That’s why there are 32 teams and 9 head coaching opening this off season. I just hope Ross gets lucky this time or we will be going through this same thing in another 3 years.

i didnt hear it but im assuming it was a long the same lines of Ross saying he was committed to Tua. If Daboll thought highly of Tua, he is taking this job with no question IMO
You do know that you actually have to be offered a job before taking the job right?
But ya it is Tua's fault that Miami hasn't offered or got anyone yet.

Uhhh, no. If he was offered the job then they wouldn't have any need to bring him in for a second interview. Get your facts straight.
come down off your high horse. There was a tweet from a blue checkmark that he had been offered the job here. If i come across it again , I will post. Surely i wasnt the only that saw that.

Daboll reminds me of a beached Walrus. Walruses wouldn't fare well in the S. Florida climate.

Hiring a head coach is all about luck. That’s why there are 32 teams and 9 head coaching opening this off season. I just hope Ross gets lucky this time or we will be going through this same thing in another 3 years.

While i agree some luck goes into it… you can also identify many characteristics that will prove problematic.

Still, i have no faith in us choosing correctly.

Hope im wrong.

i didnt hear it but im assuming it was a long the same lines of Ross saying he was committed to Tua. If Daboll thought highly of Tua, he is taking this job with no question IMO
No, he was very clear and direct with his support of Jones. Made it very clear that he believes they have not done right by him and he is the QB of the Giants. It was in no way the same as what Ross said. Also, the Dolphins have not offered the job to anyone and that includes Daboll. They literally set up second interviews for next week.

Well the Giants don't have a good QB right now.

From what I understand, the Giants job doesn't have an actual mandate on keeping Jones. There's also not talk that coach won't get to choose his own staff.

The top HC candidates are going to steer clear of having that sort of control in the hands of others.

You do know that you actually have to be offered a job before taking the job right?
But ya it is Tua's fault that Miami hasn't offered or got anyone yet.
what is with the constant victim mentality whenever someone suggests something less than positive about him? its bizarre. Its also irrelevant how you and I feel about Tua,and any decisions that will be made.

It really doesn’t matter who they hire. Half the posters on here will love the hire and the other half will do nothing but complain about who they hire.

None of us know what will happen over the next few season’s no matter who they hire. While I have certain preferences regarding who I would like to see them hire. I will still remain a fan, no matter who they hire and I will at least wait to see how the team plays under the new HC before I start judging him.

come down off your high horse. There was a tweet from a blue checkmark that he had been offered the job here. If i come across it again , I will post. Surely i wasnt the only that saw that.
This isn't about me being on a high horse. There's literally been no reports of Miami offering the job to Daboll, so please stop talking out of your ass.

It really doesn’t matter who they hire. Half the posters on here will love the hire and the other half will do nothing but complain about who they hire.

None of us know what will happen over the next few season’s no matter who they hire. While I have certain preferences regarding who I would like to see them hire. I will still remain a fan, no matter who they hire and I will at least wait to see how the team plays under the new HC before I start judging him.
Unless it was Joseph… that would unite the fans in a way like no other.

It could be a case where Daboll prefers this job but isn't going to wait any longer on the Dolphins to make a decision.

Last edited:
what is with the constant victim mentality whenever someone suggests something less than positive about him? its bizarre. Its also irrelevant how you and I feel about Tua,and any decisions that will be made.
Not a victim mentality at all just funny that you had to Blame Tua for Daboll not taking a job he haven't even been offered yet.

Heck you want to blame Tua for something there is plenty of things to choose from. What you blamed on him was all levels of stupid.

some are not gonna want to hear this but this speaks volumes about a coach not wanting to work with Ross/Grier/Tua. if you had one of those 3 positions being a star, Daboll aint taking that NYG job (not that im crying about it). Especially QB-nothing makes a coach's job safer than a star at that position.

And you’re not gonna want to hear this, but you have no actual clue what you’re talking about and are only connecting dots as you see fit and speculating.

Nobody knows whom the Dolphins FO are targeting as their #1 option except them. You’re assuming it to be Daboll and that he’s choosing another org over MIA for the speculative reasons you’re choosing to believe in. But you have no way to know what’s truth and what isn’t.

For all anyone knows McDaniel is the #1 target — which could explain the delay in making a decision — and Daboll has deduced that and moved on.

It’s pretty rich that you’re positioning speculation as some kind of truth others don’t want to hear.

It could be a case where Daboll prefers this job but isn't going to wait any longer on the Dolphins to make a decision.
That’s what I am thinking too. If the Giants offer a sure thing, but Miami is still going through the process, I can’t blame Daboll for taking the guaranteed job. It also tells me that it’s close enough between Daboll and McDaniel that Miami isn’t overly worried about missing out on Daboll. Hopefully we will all have our answer soon.

Back
Top Bottom