Dallas Thomas and Jamil Douglas are the 71st and 74th ranked guards in the NFL | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dallas Thomas and Jamil Douglas are the 71st and 74th ranked guards in the NFL

Matthews most clearly has. Makes you wonder what took so long for him to play. Didn't he ball out against the Bucs a couple years ago? It's not like he magically just learned how to catch a football.

Mathis wouldn't have made a difference. All that would have done is tie a ton more cap into an old over the hill player. Hell, Albert doesn't even make a difference and he's a better player. ZBS is the problem, fellas. Quicker they realize it quicker they change it and get some push upfront. You have to try to use every single advantage you have (like Pats do) and with our humidity down here you need to play smashmouth football. Either that or use the no huddle often like we started to do a few years ago. Defense and rushing wins championships.

Whose call was it not to pay Mathis? I gave them the benefit of the doubt but that made me an idiot for trusting idiots.

Can you imagine what Dallas rating would be if he was a rookie? It would be extraordinary.

Mathis said the Dolphins offered him a significant contract. He also said he decided he wanted to play for a contender at a pretty big discount.

Miami's line ranks #28 in pass blocking at -19.4 and #8 in run blocking at -1.6.

Me thinks Lazor should commit to the run more and let these linemen fire off blocks.

Don't tell that to some here who still think Tannehill is the issue.

ZBS is the problem, fellas. Quicker they realize it quicker they change it and get some push upfront. You have to try to use every single advantage you have (like Pats do) and with our humidity down here you need to play smashmouth football. Either that or use the no huddle often like we started to do a few years ago. Defense and rushing wins championships.

Gee, Philbin had 2 guards when he got here that are now starting on other teams, and in his 4th season now has no guards capable of starting at all. It seems like everything that was physical about this team has been demolished by Joe.

IMO, each year's goal should be to win the division... which means beating the Pats. Miami has been one of the defenses that was usually able to slow down the Pats offense by putting pressure on Brady. Sparano's defense was good at this; the problem was that his offense lacked playmakers and couldn't score enough to win. Now, Miami has some offensive talent. However, Philbin dismantled that defense with his (and Coyle's) personnel and scheme changes, neutered the o-line, and placed too little emphasis on the running game and no emphasis on a short-yardage power running game. Sparano needed a better QB, a better receiving TE, and some upgrades at WR, but Ireland was an idiot. Philbin has those upgrades, but unfortunately he's completely ruined the rest of the team!

I'm loving it. I haven't gotten this much laughter from the team since The Meatball was here.

The meatball was better than Joe. His in game management sucked about the same, he did play for field goals and fist pump like a buffoon when we hit them but the teams preparation was night and day. Sparano always seemed to have the team ready to play. We got off to much better starts often scoring on our opening possession. Yeah I know both of them suck but tony is slightly better.

And Dallas Thomas on the team and still starting cause queasy Joe, likes the way his "stance" is.........the eagled eye coach he is for talent evaluation........really makes me want to :puke::

Dallas Thomas and Jamil Douglas are the 71st and 74th ranked guards in the NFL, per @PFF.
https://twitter.com/AdamHBeasley/status/648565346748760064

All these nonsense about ZBS needs to stop. if you look at the draft notes, the all said jamil Douglas is weak, soft and they all predict he will be a good fit for the Miami scheme. Whaoo!
I seriously doubt they said he was weak since he holds many of the lifting records at Arizona State...but lets make stuff up while we're piling on lol.

Miami's line ranks #28 in pass blocking at -19.4 and #8 in run blocking at -1.6.

Me thinks Lazor should commit to the run more and let these linemen fire off blocks.

The run blocking number would be worse except they've run so few running plays, they haven't had the chance to build up the negative score they deserve.

Sparano had his team fired up every game. He was underqualified and completely over his head, but at the very least he understood that running the ball was essential in winning games. I'd take him over Philbin at this point. I'd take anybody...

I dream of a Cordy Glenn-Douglas-Pouncey-Brandon Brooks-James o-line, with Billy Turner as the swing tackle and no Dallas Thomas.... if we keep Albert, then gotta bring in another swing option, because otherwise Turner gets no work with this staff and we go into another season with a total question mark at the swing tackle.

Unless something crazy happens I don't think we will need to worry about this staff after this season.

I'm sure some apologists are surprised, but no most of us realistic fans. Our guards suck. At least Douglas is. Rookie.

I'm sure some apologists are surprised, but no most of us realistic fans. Our guards suck. At least Douglas is. Rookie.

im giving a Douglas a pass through all this. wasnt expecting him to be fully ready yet to start as a rookie as it is. keep him working, learning and developing. lots of film he can watch and learn from this past sunday!!!

Back
Top Bottom