Dallas Thomas and Jamil Douglas are the 71st and 74th ranked guards in the NFL | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dallas Thomas and Jamil Douglas are the 71st and 74th ranked guards in the NFL

71 and 74? There are only 68 starting guards unless my math is wrong?...lol

Ozzy rules

Sparano had his team fired up every game. He was underqualified and completely over his head, but at the very least he understood that running the ball was essential in winning games. I'd take him over Philbin at this point. I'd take anybody...

Plus he's Italian.

Ozzy rules

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

that means depth pressed into action for some teams is grading out better

Right. That's why I laughed. Our starting guards would not start on any other team....lol

Ozzy rules

Should have signed evan mathis...hes way the hell better than thomas...and you wish you had a veteran presence on the left side a proven veteran for when albert was gonna inevitably go down

Another mistake by the staff...
That's pretty much what I had been saying all offseason. :(

Plus he's Italian.

Ozzy rules

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Right. That's why I laughed. Our starting guards would not start on any other team....lol

Ozzy rules

i'm not sure i go along with that well actually maybe i do douglas needs time thomas just sucks...has for 3 years...always will...but its another example of how this staff and evaluators ie oline coach etc fail us but we gonna stick with status quo...that's what we do...no matter if its burying us or not

If Billy Turner couldn't beat out either of these guys he must be beyond god awful.
Raw. I said it when he was drafted and got shouted down. It's a big step up from those conferences. Technique us vastly underrated in these forums.

On Offense they should move Sam Brenner into play LG and Parker in ahead of Jennings. On defense, move Vigil into start at MLB, Michael Thomas to FS and Taylor to RCB with Brice at nickle. I am not impressed with the play of Earl Mitchell at all. It maybe time to give A.J. Francis and Jordan Philips a shot to start. I am not saying it will turn this into a 6 game winning streak. But it will send a message to everyone that if they don't start performing, the bench awaits. As for the Coaches, I am done talking about them. the only one worth anything is Darren Rizzi.

turners used to playing in space at tackle...he lets guys get into his body in tighter quarters kicked inside...play him in space...hell just play the damn kid instead of fox sorry rear and lets see how he develops...

we are going nowhere with what they are running out there at it stands...

turners used to playing in space at tackle...he lets guys get into his body in tighter quarters kicked inside...play him in space...hell just play the damn kid instead of fox sorry rear and lets see how he develops...

we are going nowhere with what they are running out there at it stands...

Nah...lets make sure any player with potential is inactive....you know, because
tumblr_lebsb5U6dB1qcubjz-1.gif~c200

Just saw this for those wondering why we didn't sign Mathis and blame Philbin...although Philbin takes the blame for plenty of his screw up this one's not on him.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly · 7h7 hours ago
Mike Tannenbaum handled the discussions with Evan Mathis. A deal should have been done. It wasn't. O-line is team's biggest issue.

Just saw this for those wondering why we didn't sign Mathis and blame Philbin...although Philbin takes the blame for plenty of his screw up this one's not on him.

Mike Tannenbaum handled the discussions with Evan Mathis. A deal should have been done. It wasn't. O-line is team's biggest issue.

:bobdole:

He also took less money to play in Denver. It was reported he felt Denver had a better shot than the other teams he talked to. Not sure this was all about money.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

How the hell do we have the #8 ranked run blocking???

We don't run that much. They ran well in the second half at Washington and when they ran in garbage time Sunday Gray did well. As mentioned early, really not a big sample size. However, they do need to run more and let the linemen fire instead of slide.

How the hell do we have the #8 ranked run blocking???

It's a cumulative score the way PFF does it...we haven't attempted enough rushing attempts to reflect how poorly the offensive line is really performing.

Back
Top Bottom