Dalvin Cook to the jets. | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dalvin Cook to the jets.

He’s still recovering from another surgery on his shoulder. It’s been chronic for 4 years. He played with it, but had the highest % of runs netting no gain or negative yards. 1100 yards in 17 games is no huge achievement. He is also a criminal. His latest offense, another domestic abuse. Tried to pay off the woman… to the tune of 1 million bucks. He got commuted a similar offense while at FAU. Friendly cops and city officials made it go away. He may end up suspended. Well, he would be as a Dolphin, prolly not as a Jet. Watch the officiating at Jets games. Sauce will continue to mug receivers and get away with it. Breathe in Rodgers? Flags fly. The league wants the Jets. Mahomes will have something to say about that… and hopefully our heroes will too.
Yep, and Schefter says he's still at least a week away from participating.

I'm sorry, the people saying the Fins' "whole season is done without Cook"?

Pathetic.
I have not seen anyone say that, but I do not read every post in every thread. That would be highly inaccurate.
We might be able to weather a Hill or Waddle loss as we have back up speed in Chosen. We might be able to weather a RB loss as we have some depth there.
Losing Armstead or Williams would really hurt and of course a Tua loss would be catastrophic.

He’s still recovering from another surgery on his shoulder. It’s been chronic for 4 years. He played with it, but had the highest % of runs netting no gain or negative yards. 1100 yards in 17 games is no huge achievement. He is also a criminal. His latest offense, another domestic abuse. Tried to pay off the woman… to the tune of 1 million bucks. He got commuted a similar offense while at FAU. Friendly cops and city officials made it go away. He may end up suspended. Well, he would be as a Dolphin, prolly not as a Jet. Watch the officiating at Jets games. Sauce will continue to mug receivers and get away with it. Breathe in Rodgers? Flags fly. The league wants the Jets. Mahomes will have something to say about that… and hopefully our heroes will too.

Whoa.

The shoulder has been chronic because he HADN’T had surgery to fix it for four years.

Dalvin Cook has had some questionable character incidents. He is not a criminal. If you’re going to go down that road, get ready to condemn more that just him.

He’s not going to be suspended.

Now, all of that being said, this isn’t the end of the world. I was firmly of the belief that Miami would have been a better team with Cook, but $8.5mm is a little bit steep. And watching Achane last Friday made me more confident in Miami’s backfield as it stands.

But let’s not just make **** up because Cook signed elsewhere.

I like the optimism. And I’m an Aaron Rodgers detractor mainly because how he’s underwhelmed in the playoffs. But regular season he’s the reason his teams usually make the playoffs. Tua is no where near as good as Rodgers yet so they have a huge advantage at QB over us. After that, it’s pretty even. Having said that, we can hope that the Rodgers we saw last year is the guy we’ll see this year but I’m not convinced he’s declining yet

I don't disagree, but I do have a different perspective.

I have some "reservations" about Rodgers. I have always liked him as a QB. I feel he is excellent in all aspects of QB play and can produce under pressure. I question how well he will take to transitioning to a new team and I question how well the Jets will deal with the inconsistencies of team performance, i.e., the "co-ordination problems" that accompany growth and transition. We will see.

I do not under-estimate the Patriots. Like him or not, Belichick is the "real deal" when it comes to being a HC. The Patriots biggest problem recently hasn't been the loss of Brady, but the steady drain off of their highest-level coaching staff these last seven years.

I feel we are in a position to see some of the best NFL football of the year, when teams in our division play each other.

Most importantly, I see the Dolphins continuing to improve this year; a team with significant improvements in our defense over last year. I know this is not an "earth-shaking" insight, unless you are a "Lemming". - LOL

I see the Dolphins winning two to five games more this year than last year - NO JOKE.

The AFC East is loaded, every team is playoff caliber. Any of the four could win the division. Cook for $8.5 million....no thanks, but the Jets just got a whole lot better.
Huh, did you forget the Pats are in our division?

You mean the ‘D’ that faced backup QB’s for a nice chunk of the season? :shoo:

Why so many continue to give mad respect to a team that’s accomplished and proven nothing yet is baffling.

Funny thing is, many of the same people blowing the Jests now were naysaying the Dolphins heading into last season with the attitude of “they gotta prove it first”.

Well, so do the Jests this season. And until they do, stop telling us how great they are.

I still see a 3rd place team.

Until I read your last lines, I thought you were a "Lemming" complaining about the Dolphins. - LOL

You mean the ‘D’ that faced backup QB’s for a nice chunk of the season? :shoo:

Why so many continue to give mad respect to a team that’s accomplished and proven nothing yet is baffling.

Funny thing is, many of the same people blowing the Jests now were naysaying the Dolphins heading into last season with the attitude of “they gotta prove it first”.

Well, so do the Jests this season. And until they do, stop telling us how great they are.

I still see a 3rd place team.
I get your point, but the “haven’t proven anything yet” is far more applicable to the Dolphins than the Jets.

The Jets have a Hall of Fame, Super Bowl winning quarterback, a RB who’s gone to four straight Pro Bowls, and the returning offensive Rookie of the Year at WR.

They’re pairing that with a defense that was one of the NFL’s best last season and has an All Pro DL (Quinnen Williams), an All Pro LB (Mosley), and an All Pro CB (Sauce) surrounded by a lot of other good players.

Our QB has never won a playoff game. Our starting RB has never run for 1000 yards in a season. The only All Pros on our defense are Xavien, who hasn’t been an All Pro since 2020 and looked over the hill last season, and Ramsey, who has a torn meniscus.

I still think it’s very possible the Dolphins are a better team than the Jets this season. But that’s because I assume a lot of things that haven’t been proven yet.

So in Dolphins news because two topics discussing the Jets in here is two too many, what time is kickoff for our next preseason game?

Damn there's a lot of "The sky is falling!!!" fans in this group.

Cook or no Cook, we're better than the Jets. Period.

And honestly I don't sweat Buffalo this season either. But right now the only team I'm concerned with is San Diego Week 1, and even on the road that should be a win for us.

Back
Top Bottom