Dalvin Cook to the jets. | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dalvin Cook to the jets.

Cook wasn’t going to fill our need at RB, we have a need for a power back not another blazer (we drafted that on the 3rd round).

Spend the money on a big back.

West Side Story Hbomax GIF by Max

When your a Jet you're a Jet!!!

There is Ronald Jones II who will get cut soon. Dolphins should at least inquire about his services and asking price!

Meh. I expect Fangio’s D to minimize their effectiveness. I also think they are going to suffer due to being overly confident. Clearly McD thinks with the addition of Achane, we are good enough.
Not only Achane but Ahmed has been really impressive in camp and he can be a 3rd or 4th RB which is a good thing to have.

He would have been nice to have but for the money he's making (good for him), we have better uses elsewhere.

It was a nice idea while it lasted.

Cook was declining past few years. I'm not near disappointed cause no one wanted him. There's a reason no one wanted to pay him higher then 8.5M. Vikings didn't. even want him. I'm happy we didn't up it to 8.5 cause he would've signed with us. He waited this long for us to up our offer but we didn't and we also didn't mind him going to the Jets. It's Achane time here in Miami.

Damn there's a lot of "The sky is falling!!!" fans in this group.

Cook or no Cook, we're better than the Jets. Period.

And honestly I don't sweat Buffalo this season either. But right now the only team I'm concerned with is San Diego Week 1, and even on the road that should be a win for us.
It's really pretty pathetic. People have had months to come to terms with this and the chicken littles are really coming out of the woodwork.

Not only Achane but Ahmed has been really impressive in camp and he can be a 3rd or 4th RB which is a good thing to have.
He is redundant, though. Both Mostert and Achane can do everything Ahmed can do, +.

I, like many others, am leaning towards a bigger (than Ahmed) back for that fourth spot.

They don't need a big name running back. They have Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle. They should be getting the ball the most if not every play.

Their running back room is more than a fine fit with this offense.

He is redundant, though. Both Mostert and Achane can do everything Ahmed can do, +.

I, like many others, am leaning towards a bigger (than Ahmed) back for that fourth spot.
The issue IMO is that the fourth RB won’t be active on game day, anyway. So even if we go with a big back for RB4, we won’t be using him as a goal line back unless we have an injury to one of the top 3.

And if we have an injury to one of the top 3, we may need a more well-rounded RB4, especially since Achane probably isn’t capable of more than 5-8 carries per game (plus a few touches in the passing game) as a rookie.

If Mostert goes down, RB4 is probably going to be playing 15-20 snaps a game.

Calm down people... Gesicki went to the Pats and we all felt the same way.. Same thing when Parker went to the Pats ... the only player that killed us when he left was Wes Welker, and now he's back as a coach....

Cook is a Jet. He chose the dough over the feels...

I'm not worried about Cook in NY. I'm more worried about Zeke in NE.
Cook would have been a nice addition at the right price, but not disappointed in our current RB room. The fact that the Jests have him doesn't move the needle all that much as on their as their Oline is likely worse than ours. Zeke at NE is not a big deal either. While NE Oline is good, IMHO, Zeke has very little left in the gas tank, a situational player at best. With our improved defense under Fangio the other RB additions in the division are a wash.

The issue IMO is that the fourth RB won’t be active on game day, anyway. So even if we go with a big back for RB4, we won’t be using him as a goal line back unless we have an injury to one of the top 3.

And if we have an injury to one of the top 3, we may need a more well-rounded RB4, especially since Achane probably isn’t capable of more than 5-8 carries per game (plus a few touches in the passing game) as a rookie.

If Mostert goes down, RB4 is probably going to be playing 15-20 snaps a game.
Your first paragraph is an assumption that may, or may not be true. I think we very well could see 4 backs active on game day.

Your second implies that Achane is not physically capable? Or is it implying he won't be trusted? Both?

Your third is complete speculation about a chain of events that follow an injury situation that hasn't happened yet.

If I put this all together in context, you seem to be saying there is no room on the roster for a bigger back? Is that your position?

Back
Top Bottom