DAMNED!! BIG-O sounds like a DD poster. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DAMNED!! BIG-O sounds like a DD poster.

Originally posted by Muck
People talk about all our needs......

In all honestly, I think if we add a QB, one guard, and a WR......we can get it done.

Am I crazy??

Ummm..yes!...But I don't disagree.:D

Of course tagging a quality name to each of those positions will determine what degree of "getting it done" we would achieve.

I wouldn't get in good graces with him if I were Wanny. If I were a coach and there was some idiot media voice blasting me and my team at every turn, I would not only limit his access to my team. I'd make sure to make every minute he spends trying to get information about my team a living hell for him.

Wanny is in good graces with two of the more influential and better sports voices in South Florida. That is Hank Goldberg and Alex Marvez.

Well we certainly need to address our needs but I think one of the greatest things about promoting Spielman is we've got a GM separate from our head coach and the GM can concentrate on every offseason just making us a better football TEAM instead of being all reactionary.

I mean think about some of the things Wannstedt did. It seems like personnel-wise he's been plugging holes in a dike every year while more holes open up. The extreme of what I'm talkin about is what happened in Oakland when they lost like 4 or 5 games because of their bad kicking game so what did they do? Draft Sebastian Janikowski in the first round. Well Dave's been doin a lot of that too. I think he targets his personnel too specifically. Like Jamar Fletcher. Jerry Wilson gets torched in a few games, so we draft Jamar Fletcher in the 1st round to be our NICKEL CB. Its this attitude of win now that prevented us from setting ourselves up for the future at QB. If there's a weakness in our coaching and front office its that they often make the mistake that production one year will carry over to the next year regardless of the reasons for that production. Our OL in 2002 was not as good as it looked and the coaches KNEW that...they tried to grab Wayne Gandy so they could move Dixon to LG and have a good LT. But they couldnt get him so they make the mistake of thinking, well heck we ran for a lot of yards last year with these guys, we know THEY are fine...well they weren't. They couldn't pass protect and couldn't run block. The NFL is a fluid league things are always changing the same teams you faced last year are going to be different and they are going to attack you different.

Originally posted by KBISBACK
I wouldn't get in good graces with him if I were Wanny. If I were a coach and there was some idiot media voice blasting me and my team at every turn, I would not only limit his access to my team. I'd make sure to make every minute he spends trying to get information about my team a living hell for him.

Wanny is in good graces with two of the more influential and better sports voices in South Florida. That is Hank Goldberg and Alex Marvez.

The Big O does not want to piss off Wayne Huizenga. If he does the Big O is toast, period.

No Miami Dolphins on 560 WQAM, they go back to a country western AM station. Not exactly where you want to be in the SF area. Where the Dolphins go, the Panthers and Marlins will follow.

Oliver...

Interesting comments from everyone. The personal take I get from this is that it is very petty and a kiss and make up would clear the air. But it does come across as very petty.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Well we certainly need to address our needs but I think one of the greatest things about promoting Spielman is we've got a GM separate from our head coach and the GM can concentrate on every offseason just making us a better football TEAM instead of being all reactionary.

I mean think about some of the things Wannstedt did. It seems like personnel-wise he's been plugging holes in a dike every year while more holes open up. The extreme of what I'm talkin about is what happened in Oakland when they lost like 4 or 5 games because of their bad kicking game so what did they do? Draft Sebastian Janikowski in the first round. Well Dave's been doin a lot of that too. I think he targets his personnel too specifically. Like Jamar Fletcher. Jerry Wilson gets torched in a few games, so we draft Jamar Fletcher in the 1st round to be our NICKEL CB. Its this attitude of win now that prevented us from setting ourselves up for the future at QB. If there's a weakness in our coaching and front office its that they often make the mistake that production one year will carry over to the next year regardless of the reasons for that production. Our OL in 2002 was not as good as it looked and the coaches KNEW that...they tried to grab Wayne Gandy so they could move Dixon to LG and have a good LT. But they couldnt get him so they make the mistake of thinking, well heck we ran for a lot of yards last year with these guys, we know THEY are fine...well they weren't. They couldn't pass protect and couldn't run block. The NFL is a fluid league things are always changing the same teams you faced last year are going to be different and they are going to attack you different.

One thing to keep in mind Ck. The o line was minus Mark Dixon and Had J Nails running on only 4 cylinders. Two integral parts of the 02 line was either missing or broken.

People talk about all our needs......

In all honestly, I think if we add a QB, one guard, and a WR......we can get it done.

Am I crazy??
and one HC

Jamie Nails's ability to pull was one of the critical aspects of the rushing output in 2002. How many big runs did you see Ricky make that year with Nails as the lead blocker in front of him? I saw a whole hell of a lot of them.

This year, the achilles injury sapped all of Nails's ability to pull. He also lost his ability to explode off the ball.

Jamie Nails played at a pro bowl level in 2002. His injury should have been taken into account though. An achilles tear is a tough injury to come back from as an offensive lineman.

I don't know that Nails really was running at half speed to be honest. I don't think any of us know. Nails never said so and neither did the coaching staff. As for Dixon he was replaced by Wade Smith who is supposed to end up a real stud at LT.

And last I checked LT wasn't an integral position where the running game is concerned...though it is important for the passing game.

It's not that hard to see that Nails was a shell of the player he was in 2002. The explosion coming off the ball wasn't there. The ability to pull out and lead a sweep wasn't there. His ability to get to the second level and block linebackers wasn't there.

I agree that Nails was not the same player he was in 2002, I just don't necessarily think the achilles was the problem. I've seen overweight maulers have good seasons in Norv's offense before and then tank it within a year. Namely Tre Johnson. Nails was a hungry player when he won the starting spot a year ago. This year he didn't play the same and I think he might have been using the achilles as kind of an excuse.

Remember, consistency never was his strong point thats why Buffalo got rid of him. That and his weight of course. I'm not completely convinced he kept his weight down this year. I was worried about counting too much on Nails before the season started and not because of the achilles.

Ohh Boo Hoo... mean ol' wanny won't let me talk to him! Boo Hoo...

Screm him. Screw all those media goons. It's unbelievable how the media has flailed away since Wayne made one of them eat s**t.

LOL.

All of them acting no older than a kid who still needs to hang on his momma's apron for balance because of it. Wayne has got to be getting a good chuckle out of all of this.

--Ross

Just tuned in. I think Big O has been drinking. Speech is a little bit slow and slurred.

Did he tell anyone he wanted to kiss them?

BB

Btw...Since this is vaguely on WQAM...

What does the term "40 watter" mean?

Back
Top Bottom