Dan-la-retard on ESPNradio | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan-la-retard on ESPNradio

Originally posted by Rick 1966

No, as a matter of fact, it's the definition most people have. Except my fellow Fin fans, who've been without a SB victory for so long they have convinced themselves they don't want one...

Easy Rick don't throw us all into that catagory. I too was born in 1966 and I have not given up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I have to figure a way to do it then so be it. 7 year old's do not appreciate a Super Bowl Win like a mature adult would (by getting shi* faced and dancing in the street)

At least we are not Cubs or Red Sox Fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Section126
Now the ORG stinks? :confused:

He's been saying that for years. You guys will catch on eventually.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Rick 1966

Since you don't believe you are entitled to one, you're obviously rooting for the right team.

You keep revealing yourself Rik. You're doing it again. Take it slow, you usually don't get to this point for quite some time. Pace yourself.

Oliver...

Originally posted by ohall

He's been saying that for years. You guys will catch on eventually.

No Ollie, you haven't known me for years. I've said, at various times, that the head coach needed replacing, but I only started stating the fact that our front office stinks after 2002. But I wouldn't expect you to be accurate about me...

Originally posted by Ross
Never said didn't want one. Only said that is not how to define a winning team.

It's not how you define one...but that doesn't mean that it's not how most fans view it.

"but that doesn't mean that it's not how most fans view it.'

Nor does it mean that they do. I think most fans define it by what it means. Not by how they want each year to end.

I think most fans view miami as a winning franchise but that doesn't mean they are satisfied...

First of all, none of us are privy to what Dan's responsibilities are going to be. We can all sit here and speculate, and that's what it would be, speculation, and say whether or not we think he is qualified to hold this position. As fans, we are entitled to our opinions, which is what they are, opinions. Far too many of you (Rick are you listening), are passing your opinion off as fact. The only fact here, is that none of us know what the future holds. We can only hope for the best. That is what fans do. Yes, it has been 30 years since our last super bowl championship, but does that mean we have not been successful? Does the fact that Marino never was blessed with a team good enough to win a super bowl, mean that he was a journeyman QB? If you say yes, then you are even more idiotic than most of us already think. By applying that same thought process, you can say that Miami has only been a journeymans ballteam for the last 30 years, which is just as idiotic.

Here is another fact for you Skippy Rick, Wayne knows people. No, I do not know Wayne personally. My knowledge comes from being a business man, myself. You cannot build a successful business, corporation, team or franchise, without having keen evaluation skills. You learn through triumphs and failures and you grow from them. You do not get to Wayne's position in life without having skills like that. As a fellow fan (you are a fan aren't you?), how about giving Wayne the benefit of the doubt and see how this pans out? Then, if we all turn out to be wrong, then by all means, get back on your keyboard and tell all of us how stupid we were for believing.

One last thing. A fan is a fan at all times. He does not jump off and on the bandwagon when he feels like it. He goes through the good times and the bad. That is what makes the good times so sweet. A fan is allowed to be critical but it is in, my opinion, inappropriate to be personal. Maybe you should take a look inside and see whether or not you have what it takes to be a Dolphin's Fan. If not, then get out and go root for someone else. I just hope that you can find that time that wins the super bowl every year, so you don't have to be disappointed.

And by the way, Jets Suck!:monkeyr: :jetssuck: :monkeyl:

The PR move of the decade (aside from the Ricky trade). Fade-ler (as Marino called him) is on the way OUT! Lebatart thinks he is sweeter than Miami's prince of football... we all know which Dan is really dapper of the two!
Marino perhaps is the guy who can reach these cap hit egos and appeal to the PLAYA and his inherent ego and make it work. He sure can find a trigger man at QB. Perhaps he will even give Sage the Rage legit reps...
Marino is class epitomized. It could be worse. Your best ever player could have drunkenly hit on Suzie Kolber and demand a kiss on a national prime time game!:missmeth:
The manis well stated, articulate, and a great movie cameo (bad Boys 2 is on:vault: !
This is all that Ace Ventura Marino thread... LACES OUT MARE...and it would be playoff. You barely lost to the division champs. One FG was the difference. A damned tough schedule as well.
The vets should return for continutiy, perhaps ONE starter shakep up and some added depth minus an Impact OT. Andrews, the add maybe Brunnell, and have his blindside set, and have the RT set for classic play pass power football. A RT big enough to seal the edge on his own and move people off in goalline as well at the point.
Unless Ben R slips, a true package QB .There is one from out west who is good as well, the only first rounders for sure in the Draft... you do not need a family name QB anyways, Griese wasnt quite what was hoped. Not unless one catches Dan the Man Marino's eye.
He wants the real deal, not a system guy. We'll see...

:grump: Offseason needs to start, get these playoff done with already!

dan lebatard is a great sports writer.

did you ever actually read his prose?

instead of knocking other views try actually reading his stuff.

his style is more for the thinking man than the 4th grader type of stuff most put out.

he has been likened along the lines of edwin pope and just cause he has another view than yours its wrong?

i think not

"he has been likened along the lines of edwin pope and just cause he has another view than yours its wrong?

i think not"

i don't agree with him much of the time. i prefer a more positive spin even if things are bad. so in my case, yes, he is wrong. that's his opinion. and this is mine.

if you like and agree with him then that is ok and for you he is right.

i don't believe he has our best interest at heart, and that is apearant in his "prose". just my opinion.

Originally posted by DOLPHAN1
"he has been likened along the lines of edwin pope and just cause he has another view than yours its wrong?

i think not"

i don't agree with him much of the time. i prefer a more positive spin even if things are bad. so in my case, yes, he is wrong. that's his opinion. and this is mine.

if you like and agree with him then that is ok and for you he is right.

i don't believe he has our best interest at heart, and that is apearant in his "prose". just my opinion.

That's the thing with opinion DP1....there's no RIGHT and WRONG...just guesswork. Until such time as an "opinion" is substantiated with fact....its opinion, not reality.

Not getting on your case bro.....just my "opinion." ;)

"he has been likened along the lines of edwin pope and just cause he has another view than yours its wrong?"

Nothing wrong with a different opinion. Just feel it's wrong to refer to wanny and Spielman as pieces of Sh*t floating around a clogged toilet.

Yeah that's a thinking mans' style alright? Yeah, thats' not forth grade.

--Ross

Man, who do you think you're kidding?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom