Dan-la-retard on ESPNradio | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan-la-retard on ESPNradio

This guy on ESPNRadio made his comments and acted the way he did because that's his prerogative and in his OPINION, its comical. I'm sure it pist-off many Dolphin fans, and made a lot of Dolphin-haters laugh. Fact of the matter is, the Dolphins are the winningest team in NFL history and with that, many fans hate us. That's fine...we don't care.

Do you think he'd be the first one in line to offer an apology if the move worked well and proved to be successful for the team/organization?

Doubt it. I wouldn't think he has the integrity.

Originally posted by Jaj
Marino isn't running personnel. Get that in your head. His job is basically firing and hiring. He also provides someone who can sway FAs here.

His first job is going to be ridding us of Fiedler. Jay is (for some reason) quite popular and only Dan could get away with firing him.

Originally posted by Rick 1966

Wayne knows business. That does NOT mean he knows how to put together a winning football team...just one that makes money.

He hasnt put together a Super Bowl team, but, he has put together a winning formula...history proves it. Now he is making a few changes to further his goal of a Super Bowl. The way in which Wayne H is doing it IMO is far better then what a Jerry Jones/Snyders way of doing things. And both of them know business.

BB

Originally posted by bigbry

He hasnt put together a Super Bowl team, but, he has put together a winning formula...history proves it. Now he is making a few changes to further his goal of a Super Bowl. The way in which Wayne H is doing it IMO is far better then what a Jerry Jones/Snyders way of doing things. And both of them know business.

Jerry Jones also knows football. He has the Superbowl rings to prove it. Huizenga has nothing.

So a winning football team is only defined as winning the superbowl?

Sorry but that isn't right Rick. You can say that wayne hasn't gotten us a championship team. But you can't say Wayne hasn't gotten us a winning football team because we have one...

Originally posted by Ross
So a winning football team is only defined as winning the superbowl?

Sorry but that isn't right Rick. You can say that wayne hasn't gotten us a championship team. But you can't say Wayne hasn't gotten us a winning football team because we have one...

Over-500 records are nice...but they aren't why NFL players play football and they aren't why fans watch it. If I had to choose between having 20+ years of winning records and no SB or one or two SBs interspersed with half losing and half winning years, I would take the latter.

Jerry Jones also knows football. He has the Superbowl rings to prove it. Huizenga has nothing.

Wayne H doesnt have one now, but he will. Hell, NFL teams dont have one, but its likely they will sometime in the future.
The Dolphins have two and are trying for more. What more can anyone ask for?

BB

Originally posted by bigbry

Wayne H doesnt have one now, but he will.

To quote some forgotten poster "Who made you the prophet of the NFL?"

The Dolphins have two and are trying for more. What more can anyone ask for?

The Dolphins haven't won a Superbowl since I was 7 years old. That was 30 years ago. I think asking for another SB win in the last 30 years is not too much to ask.

The Dolphins haven't won a Superbowl since I was 7 years old. That was 30 years ago. I think asking for another SB win in the last 30 years is not too much to ask.

amen to that brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I have to agree. 30 years IS along time to wait. I have as well. But if we were to win four in a row you wont hear me complaing that we were given more then our share either.

BB

I wanna know what makes anybody think that they are entitled to a SB championship?

Where does it say in the fan contract that they promise a SB title?

The only thing that you can EXPECT is that ownership will TRY to put together a winning team.

That's what we have here. This ownership group is TRYING to do the best they can....Wayne wants to win as much as anybody but seriously, WTF does he OWE to ANY of us, why should he lose money for two years(a tear down and rebuild will take a MINIMUM of two years....and with the fickle fans that inhabit Miami he's going to lose a ton of money when they team goes 2-14) just so a few meglomaniacal fans with an over sized sense of entitlement will be pleased. They aren't thinking about him, why should he think about them? Please.....how many of you would run your company by listening to a few extremists?

So Wayne does the best that he can to please the fans AND not lose money....He takes away Daves' balls in the FO, to try and please the fans who want blood......He gives personell power to a guy who most of the fans are very happy with.....that guy is named, NOT WANNSTEDT.....Seriously, he gives the power to Rick who, if rumors are correct, would have had us a ROY type player if it was his choice LAST year. (BTW, wouldn't you like to have been a fly on the wall everytime Wanny read the Monday morning sports section and saw Bolden with 8 more catches?)..Anyway Rick was given the power, in order to please another segment of the fans.

Now, the sheer genius move....

The move that cemented the whole thing in Wayne's corner and cauterizes the wound of fickle fans....

He brings back, the prodigal son!.....the royalty!.......The MAN.......the shiz-manizzle D-A double nizzle......you get the point....!!!

This move, is the one we will talk about 30 years from now....Spectacular failure or raging success, no one knows, doesn't even matter really.....this was THE move.
Here's why,
He gets 80% of Dolphins fans in his front pocket and gate receipts in his back pocket....but not only that....he gets DAN MARINO.....The most intense, compettitve, player that has ever worn the aqua and orange...A man who is nothing BUT WINNING attitude.....A man that WILL NOT put up with mediocrity from any coach, player, or GM,.....I mean, I'm at the point now where it's like ," WOW, this is the best thing in the world"....Because it's not just about this coming year, If Dan can become such an influence on this team that they start to take on his character THIS season.... Well, That's is the best I could ever hope for.....and I believe that that is entirely possible especially if we make all the right moves this offseason...BUT, if we are to fail yet again , I am so psyched with the fact that Dan will clean house and bust balls like no one has done here since Shula and it will be a welcome sight....we will be led to a new beginning by a trusted friend.

Does anybody REALLY think that Dan is going to put up with any of the crap that has been going on around here.....do you think Dan has mellowed with age.....Anybody think that Dan is going to kick back and let everybody go about their merry way as if he doesn't exist???

I don't KNOW Dan, but I'll turn in my Fins if he doesn't turn this organization on it's ear if things continue down the same path.....

You want change, you'll get change. If this ship isn't righted THIS year big change is coming.....If you don't believe that, you don't know Jack....or Dan.

Last edited:
Originally posted by inFINSible
I wanna know what makes anybody think that they are entitled to a SB championship?

Since you don't believe you are entitled to one, you're obviously rooting for the right team.

What you are asking for is a new defination of a successful team Rick.

Another SB is something we may never see. But what we can see along the way is if there is effort to win it all. I have seen nothing but that since Wayne H he took over...

Originally posted by Ross
What you are asking for is a new defination of a successful team Rick.

No, as a matter of fact, it's the definition most people have. Except my fellow Fin fans, who've been without a SB victory for so long they have convinced themselves they don't want one...

Back
Top Bottom