Dan Marino has betrayed us all. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Marino has betrayed us all.

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
First, some facts...........

FACT:
Wayne Huzienga has always loved Dan and has showed him so with all the stock tips and business opportunities he has hande number 13.

Wayne offered him a plum job that was a stepping stone to the presidency of the Fins and possible ownership.

DAN MARINO turned all that down for what?

Money............plain and simple............He didn't want to work 10 and 12 hour days for half the money.

He would rather have a few million more dollars so he can buy another condo in New York.

This is a betrayal of Wayne by Dan........plain and simple..........

Not really. If Dan was told he would have power that Wayne was not willing to give him (as it appears) then he had every right to resign.

No, more likely Wayne betrayed Dan by setting him up as a figurehead with no power. Once Dan understood he wasn't actually meant to DO anything, just to look good, he quit.

eh, we dont know everything, we know what they told us... Knowing what we know of Dan I'd say it came down to not only his family (and him completely forgetting his anniversary just a few days earlier), but also his ego. He likes to have control and he had zero power, when he realized that he probably figured it wasnt worth the hours to not have any power. I dont fault him for that, just wish he would have seen he was going to be an overworked figurehead and never considered the job in the first place.

uhhhhhhhhh, no. how bout he simply didnt want the job. he simply doesnt like the job. He simply cant have fun being in charge of something he is responsible for. He cant golf and make money anyways having fun. He cant spend time with his kids like he is now.

Dan didnt let me down. He hasnt done anything to let me down. My HS football coach used to say," you gotta want it!" otherwise, whats the point?

Originally posted by Section126
First, some facts...........

FACT:
Wayne Huzienga has always loved Dan and has showed him so with all the stock tips and business opportunities he has hande number 13.

Wayne offered him a plum job that was a stepping stone to the presidency of the Fins and possible ownership.

DAN MARINO turned all that down for what?

Money............plain and simple............He didn't want to work 10 and 12 hour days for half the money.

He would rather have a few million more dollars so he can buy another condo in New York.

:yell: You don't have a clue. He was a man about it by quitting now instead of during Free Agency or after the draft etc. IMO, you have let him down and have totaly disrespected him by making your statement. Dan Marino has done more for this franchise than you will ever know. :fire:

Originally posted by finfan54
uhhhhhhhhh, no. how bout he simply didnt want the job. he simply doesnt like the job. He simply cant have fun being in charge of something he is responsible for. He cant golf and make money anyways having fun. He cant spend time with his kids like he is now.

Dan didnt let me down. He hasnt done anything to let me down. My HS football coach used to say," you gotta want it!" otherwise, whats the point?

I for one question the sanity of this post...

Originally posted by Rick 1966
No, more likely Wayne betrayed Dan by setting him up as a figurehead with no power. Once Dan understood he wasn't actually meant to DO anything, just to look good, he quit.

Dan said it himself that he needed to sit back a view the job from a distance before he would pull some strings , did he not? me thinks you protest too much Ricky, waaaaayyyy too much.

No Power?

How is a stepping stone to the presidency of the team and possible ownership.................no power?

Danny boy don't like worky, worky.

why would looking out for number one be a betrayal?
dan played for 17 years, renegotiated his contract several times to bring in players that didn't work out. i'd say he payed his dues!;) :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Graythreat

I for one question the sanity of this post...

oh.........ok try this then....... He dont want to sit around and be a figurehead. Now you happy? :rolleyes:

No Power?

How is a stepping stone to the presidency of the team and possible ownership.................no power?

Danny boy don't like worky, worky.

WTF!! SO what if he doesn't want the work that goes with it?? At least he's being honest by saying so instead of playing it off.

Re: Re: Dan Marino has betrayed us all.

Originally posted by chambers84

:yell: You don't have a clue. He was a man about it by quitting now instead of during Free Agency or after the draft etc. IMO, you have let him down and have totaly disrespected him by making your statement. Dan Marino has done more for this franchise than you will ever know. :fire:

I have let him down?

He should have never taken the job in the first place if he didn't feel like working for a living.

I for one questioned the sanity of dan taking the Job in the first place. He's got it made on TV. Bunch of money, little work. You want to give that up to work 50 hours weeks.

I guess getting beat up and pummeled 4 months out of the year for 17 years in a row, is not working for a living?:confused:

Back
Top Bottom