Dan Marino has betrayed us all. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Marino has betrayed us all.

Originally posted by dolfan06
i know he wore a pad around his ribs, it made him actually look fat!:D
Btw, when does the figurehead bobblehead doll come out? :D

Originally posted by Dolfan954
Knee braces, a hip brace because of a deep hip bruise...what else am I forgetting?

Marino had a injury plagued career at Pitt.

All those things carried over to his pro career.

Originally posted by Section126

Marino had a injury plagued career at Pitt.

All those things carried over to his pro career.
Now there's something I didn't know. Marino's Pitt days were before my time. :)

Originally posted by dolfan06
soon as they figure how to make it bobble, it has so many pads on it won't move!:D
No, the figurehead bobblehead doll comes complete with a 3 piece Armani suit and a cool, electric blue tie...just like from the press conference. And it'll have a string in the back you can pull and he says, "I am NOT a figurehead. :roflmao:

Marino had 3 knee surgeries and countless broken ribs at Pitt.

He actually had a relatively injury free pro career.............

Now there's something I didn't know. Marino's Pitt days were before my time. :)
my wife got me a hard back book, "a look back at a legend". i also have one called "on the record", covers anything you want to know about marino!;)

Originally posted by Section126
Marino had 3 knee surgeries and countless broken ribs at Pitt.

He actually had a relatively injury free pro career.............

So relatively injury free means you never took a hit?

Come on man...........

I'm just a little worried about this team as well.

Dan was wrong for not weighing the pros and cons BEFORE he took teh job. For anyone who has actually gotten a professional job (btw I'm just saying that because alot are youngsters who haven't yet had to) knows you have to figure out the job descriptions of the job and weigh all other possible jobs BEFORE you take it.

Dan should have figured out the job before he took it, Wayne should have told him that he would not have any power.

It seems to me both screwed this up royally and BOTH have let me down as an organization.

Everyone check out the sig from finfan54. He got the inside scoop on why Dan quit:

Spielman: "Dan, ive been thinking about this QB thing, I think keeping Fiedler one more year will do the trick."
Dan: "Thats it, i quit!"

:roflmao:

Everyone check out the sig from finfan54. He got the inside scoop on why Dan quit:

Spielman: "Dan, ive been thinking about this QB thing, I think keeping Fiedler one more year will do the trick."
Dan: "Thats it, i quit!"

:roflmao:

:goof:

The Dan Marino Figurehead Bubblehead Doll Collection is a 4 piece set...

The Dan Marino Bubblehead Doll (pull the string to hear him say "I'm not a figurehead"....

The Wayne Huizenga Bubblehead Doll (pull the string to hear him say "What about that High-Five Incident)....

Microphone Podium (pull the string to hear hesitation form Marino when he answers, "I am not a Figurehead)...

Smart @ss Bubblehead Reporter (pull the string to hear him ask Dan, "Are you a Figurehead)....

The Dan Marino Figurehead Bubblehead Doll Colletion could be yours for a JILLION $$$...

We have also FLEX PAY, you can take up to 6 months to pay. Remember that's 5 more months than Dan had in his position....

If you call now, you can also get the Rick Spielman GM Bubblehead Doll for NO extra charge (pull the string to hear him pick D.J. Williams LB out Miami for his 1st round pick)....

So please act now, supplies are limited....:)

[EDITED]- The Rick Doll....

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Disnardo
The Dan Marino Figurehead Bubblehead Doll Collection is a 4 piece set...

The Dan Marino Bubblehead Doll (pull the string to hear him say "I'm not a figurehead"....

The Wayne Huizenga Bubblehead Doll (pull the string to hear him say "What about that High-Five Incident)....

Microphone Podium (pull the string to hear hesitation form Marino when he answers, "I am not a Figurehead)...

Smart @ss Bubblehead Reporter (pull the string to hear him ask Dan, "Are you a Figurehead)....

The Dan Marino Figurehead Bubblehead Doll Colletion could be yours for a JILLION $$$...

We have also FLEX PAY, you can take up to 6 months to pay. Remember that's 5 more months than Dan had in his position....

If you call now, you can also get the Rick Spielman GM Bubblehead Doll for NO extra charge....

So please act now, supplies are limited....:)
And the Rick doll says? :confused:

What happened here is fairly clear.

Wayne wanted to promote Spielman to GM but thought the fan reaction would be bad. So he sold Dan a bill of goods to come on board for a made up position that to this day no one has any idea what the responsibilities are.

Fact: Spielman said he has final say on personel.
Fact: Dave is the coach and controls coaches (see coordinator hire).

Dan's big Job? To wave ?

Dan tried to get involved and Wayne told him to take a couple of months off at the most critical time of the year (see Mort's Article) as Wayne knows that Dan has no training for this stuff.

Dan, who was living in a pipe dream, figured out he was giving up a great TV gig for basically nothing. He bailed.

End of ridiculous story.

So whose the villian? Wayne who tried to hide his total failure to do anything to improve this team with a transparent b.s. scheme that back fired badly.

And the Rick doll says? :confused:

The Rick Doll will say,"For the 20th pick of the Draft Miami will pick DJ Williams (L/B) from Miami."

Back
Top Bottom