Daniel Thomas | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daniel Thomas

With Columbo starting at RT I hope this kid has one hell of a cut back to the left!

If he stays healthy you can book 1,000 yds. Bush will go back to being a decoy and third down back. Thomas will get 20 touches a game i'll bet. My concern is a realiable backup for him. Ricky would be fine. Hillard ? not so much.

Please give this kid a chance. Its been 4 days!!!!! Settle the **** down people.

:lol: game film. I laugh so hard when a fan says they watched game film.

Whats so funny about it? seriously...is it so hard to believe that a fan can watch a few games of Kansas State and form an opinion on a running back??

hes not a back in the NFL plain and simple.

I finally have proof that I've somehow ventured into the Bizarro World

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

ESPN3.com. You can watch plenty of college games on replay there. Check it out.

You have to do more than just watch the game on TV. Do you or anyone else claiming they watch tape now how to watch the tape?

Whats so funny about it? seriously...is it so hard to believe that a fan can watch a few games of Kansas State and form an opinion on a running back??

So the Dolphins front office are completely clueless in how to scout a player since Thomas 'isn't an NFL back'?

I finally have proof that I've somehow ventured into the Bizarro World

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

You have to do more than just watch the game on TV. Do you or anyone else claiming they watch tape now how to watch the tape?

You mean "know" how?

I've been doing it since 2001 as a hobby. I've gotten pretty good, definitely hit on players more than I miss but I'm definitely not perfect either. I miss a heck of a lot more on QBs than any other position but I think even the professionals do as well or Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler and countless others would never have been drafted so high...maybe not even drafted period.

Please give this kid a chance. Its been 4 days!!!!! Settle the **** down people.

I agree with ya. People on here say that they are growing "impatient" for this FO to put a winner on the field....Fine, but could they at least wait till we've played a couple preseason games before they want to blow up the team and fire the coaching staff? please???

So the Dolphins front office are completely clueless in how to scout a player since Thomas 'isn't an NFL back'?

If the Dolphins front office was so good at evaluating players I think we'd have a much better team by now. We drafted 5 offensive lineman and still don't have an offensive line, still shuffling players around. We drafted two QBs in the 2nd round and one is not even in the NFL and the other still has a huge question mark. We drafted two WRs in Brian Hartline and Patrick Turner...where's Patrick Turner? That was a 3rd round pick.

Just because the Dolphins front office is paid to do it, doesn't mean they do it well. Even the best front offices miss on players. Doesn't mean fans can't evaluate players and form an opinion on who they think is a good fit, or isn't, for their football team. Some players may be great players but not be in the right system. Not every linebacker can play in the 3-4, not every corner can play bump and run, not every QB can play in the west coast offense. That's where evaluating talent gets tricky.

Back
Top Bottom