Daniel Thomas | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daniel Thomas

Watching tape and evaluating football players is simply knowing the fundamentals and techniques of the position you're evaluating, and applying the different techniques and fundamentals to the particular system the player is in...if you don't know them, then no, you're not watching film..

Coaches and scouts aren't matching polymorphic markers and studying the sequences of nucleotides by DNA testing on these kids... it's not science. It's an art...

Watching tape and evaluating football players is simply knowing the fundamentals and techniques of the position you're evaluating, and applying the different techniques and fundamentals to the particular system the player is in...if you don't know them, then no, you're not watching film..

Coaches and scouts aren't matching polymorphic markers and studying the sequences of nucleotides by DNA testing on these kids... it's not science. It's an art...

Yea....what he said!!

He has been in a NFL camp for only four days now and you guys are already bashing him. Jesus. What is wrong with this fan base lately? Is there is gas leak in South Florida?

Yes there is, its called I am sick of Moronoo and Fland gas.

If the Dolphins front office was so good at evaluating players I think we'd have a much better team by now. We drafted 5 offensive lineman and still don't have an offensive line, still shuffling players around. We drafted two QBs in the 2nd round and one is not even in the NFL and the other still has a huge question mark. We drafted two WRs in Brian Hartline and Patrick Turner...where's Patrick Turner? That was a 3rd round pick.

Just because the Dolphins front office is paid to do it, doesn't mean they do it well. Even the best front offices miss on players. Doesn't mean fans can't evaluate players and form an opinion on who they think is a good fit, or isn't, for their football team. Some players may be great players but not be in the right system. Not every linebacker can play in the 3-4, not every corner can play bump and run, not every QB can play in the west coast offense. That's where evaluating talent gets tricky.

exactly...

uh, Foster has more speed than this dude and at least foster was a UDFA i believe not a 2nd and 3rd round pick.

Would it have killed them to take a QB with the pick and sign Ronnie Brown for another year or pick up a FA?

Don't they wish they had a QB now?

Not to knock Thomas but I think finding a guy that fits in at RB is a lot easier than finding a QB.

I don't why the FO thinks Daniel Thomas is a power back just watch his tape he goes down 90% of the time from the first tackler. I think the FO really missed on this guy. Time will tell.

At least I'm not the only one that notices this.

I have a more optimistic longer term outlook on him than you, but counting on this guy to be the bread and butter of a ground game in his rookie season is a mistake.

Omg this guy has looked horrible so far. Going to start a "We want Ingram" chant at the next practice! Who's with me?

Seriously, people. Give the guy a chance.

hes not a back in the NFL plain and simple.

if this is your real opinion than you strictly have an agenda to bash to the FO, he was arguably considered the third best back in the draft, behind ingram and leshoure

I think we all have the right to want to see it before we believe it. Why should we all be confident in Daniel Thomas? IMO I dont like that he is the "future" because I dont believe he is. When he proves me wrong I will be thrilled. But untill he plays well we all have the right to question and be frustrated with the direction we are going in. I have watched and hoped for the best for years only to be let down just like almost every Dolphin fan. Some of us are the glass is half empty and some are the glass is half full. For all the glass is half full fans im sure you can understand why some of us are glass is half empty fans. We need a reason to be optimistic and not just because its a new player. We need to see it before we believe it.

i'm down...

Hell, I don't think I ever stopped 'chanting' it to begin with... they made a big mistake by passing on Ingram... and he's tearin' it up in Saints camp..

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats so funny about it? seriously...is it so hard to believe that a fan can watch a few games of Kansas State and form an opinion on a running back??

Rewatching the broadcast isnt watching game film. Thats just rewatching the damn gane

Back
Top Bottom