Dannell Ellerbe issues Miami Dolphins fans a challenge | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dannell Ellerbe issues Miami Dolphins fans a challenge

I've been attending dolphins games almost yearly since the early 80's. The last couple years I have noticed that a lot of fans don't understand what to do at football games. I always assumed it was just a natural instinct on how to be part of the 12th man. When I went to the atlanta game , the crowd was so unbelievably loud when we had the ball on offense that the players were signaling for the crowd to be quiet, cmon man. On the flip side , I saw so many people just sitting there doing nothing on crucial 2nd and 3rd downs on defense early in the game. I know you have some people that are not as zealous that would prefer to just sit there and take notes as if it's a baseball game in early may, I understand, but it just seems there are fans today that do not understand the protocols for the 12th man. Personally, I have always been one of those guys that tries to get the fans in my section up and motivated when it counts.

I think ellerbe's statements should be printed on a flyer card and handed out to each and every fan that enters the stadium. Props to him for asking the fans for help. It sucks that he has to.

To be fair, the team needs to give the fans something to be fired up about. Come out like a lead balloon or blow leads and the crowd will cower a way.

Omar just tweeted it was not Ellerbe that wrote the challenge, just retweeted ,good grief.

Way to go Omar.:rolleyes2:

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 2m
Heads up folks. Dannell Ellerbe DID NOT write the challenge to Dolphins fans. That is just something he retweeted, not authored

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: What's wrong with what I said Studsatele? You don't want the crowd fired up? You don't want the D to dominate or something???
Not at all dude. I must clicked the thumbs down by mistake. My mistake. Hell yes i want that joint as loud as possible. Make it a nightmare for them to come play in. Apologize for the mix up.

A player shouldn't publicly have to tell fans to get off their dead ass and yell. That in itself is pathetic for the Dolphins fan base. Is it any wonder why Dolphins fans are considered the most fickle in the entire league.

Crawl back in your hole bud, you don't ever contribute to **** on here besides negative threads, and hell, this one wasn't even supposed to have been negative, but once again, you derail another thread. Kudos. No thanks me fr telling the truth. LOL.

Make that 15000 and THREE chief, me and my girl will be there screaming from kickoff til the last second!

Make that 4.. Section 100 Row 5..Here's my number will be tailgaiting any from Finheaven hit me up 305.8149791, Rico

Hopefully they figure out how to get the fans that do show up through the gates quicker, thats been a problem this season. There was one game it looked completely empty at kickoff but was mostly full by the 4th quarter.

Some people just don't get loud....for me its like a physiological problem. When I go to sports games with my family, I am very casual. I just clap and get excited in big moments, like a normal person would. If I go with my friends, who I know are just as crazy as I am, its a different story.

If you are in a crowd of calm people, or casual fans, it kind of feels odd to be excited at every point of the game. I only remember one moment going to a Heat vs Bulls game last year in the playoffs, where the crowd was just hyped because the Bulls were being a pain in the side the entire series, so everyone was getting on them from the get go. Most of the time when I go to a sports game, its against an average opponent, so there is no emotion from the crowd....but this Patriots game should be a big deal to the fans.

To be fair, the team needs to give the fans something to be fired up about. Come out like a lead balloon or blow leads and the crowd will cower a way.

That doesn't really qualify in this situation. We are in the here right now. If there is any time that they need the fans is now. They are doing their job, they're 7-6 fighting for a Wild Card spot, they are showing us something. Are we gonna wait until a Conference Championship game before we start cheering???

Its not just the fans that are football stupid at Sun Life. I think it was the Atlanta game the P/A guy played the trumpet sound to get the fans all amped up, and it worked. The problem was we were on offense and Tannehill had to come out of the huddle and wave his arms to try to shush the crowd so he could call the play. The worst part is it happened on the drive.

Crawl back in your hole bud, you don't ever contribute to **** on here besides negative threads, and hell, this one wasn't even supposed to have been negative, but once again, you derail another thread. Kudos. No thanks me fr telling the truth. LOL.

I can't help that the truth is painful for you to see.

Back
Top Bottom