Darlington speaks on Tua with Rich Eisen | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Darlington speaks on Tua with Rich Eisen

would a 56 year old surgeon do better than a med student when both had a pen knife and a bandaid?

Tua had a pen knife and a bandaid and was told not to kill the patient

Herbert had the latest medical equipment and was told to work on a cadaver
Original version in Korean much better than this.

I agree but I still think some of the “excuses” - hip injury, hand injury, no OTAs, no preseason, no first team snaps - are real. If no significant jump in 2021 it may well be time to say over drafted.
You say he had “no first team snaps.” Other people give the excuse that Tua was throwing to receivers at the end of the season that were practice squad players talent wise. My question is how the hell was Tua able to unseat Fitzpatrick midway through the season and impress the coaching staff, throwing to these same practice squad players the first half off the season in practice when he was the teams 2nd string Qb?

I think the #1 reason they benched Fitzpatrick for Tua is that they felt that if they tell Tua to not throw INTs, he wont throw INTs... This is not what was required for the offense to look good, its what was required to win games with the way the 2020 Fins were built. Its as simple as that.

I think the #1 reason they benched Fitzpatrick for Tua is that they felt that if they tell Tua to not throw INTs, he wont throw INTs... This is not what was required for the offense to look good, its what was required to win games with the way the 2020 Fins were built. Its as simple as that.
I'm sure that was part of it.

There's also a valid case for them wanting Tua to get some real game experience, which is no doubt benificial going forward into this season.

He threw 11 tds and 5 int’s. I watched the games, there were 3 poorly thrown balls in games where the defensive players dropped the int. There was 1 int Tua threw which came back due to a defensive penalty. I don’t think that was the reason. The only reason I think they started him is to evaluate and see what type of player they drafted, whether they have their franchise Qb or not?

He threw 11 tds and 5 int’s. I watched the games, there were 3 poorly thrown balls in games where the defensive players dropped the int. There was 1 int Tua threw which came back due to a defensive penalty. I don’t think that was the reason. The only reason I think they started him is to evaluate and see what type of player they drafted, whether they have their franchise Qb or not?
Well if we're going to count INTs that didnt occur, are we going to take off the INTs where the WR fell running his route, or were dropped by Grant or Bowden right into defenders hands... How about counting TDs that didnt happen because WRs couldnt hang on to the ball, should we add those TDs to his total? Or we just use the what ifs that make him look bad?

Even as a rookie, Tua was much better at taking care of the ball. Before going into the blood bath in Buffalo, he had 10 TDs to 2 INTs... Anyone who thinks Fitz is heading into that game with a similar ratio is ignoring reality.

Your the one that brought up the reason Tua started was that he can take care of the ball, no? 😂

Clearly the 'analogy' of firing the quarterbacks (You know, the guys with the pen knives and bandaids) because they were ill prepared got missed.

Sorry....
I would teach you about how analogy works but I have a job and ****

You say he had “no first team snaps.” Other people give the excuse that Tua was throwing to receivers at the end of the season that were practice squad players talent wise. My question is how the hell was Tua able to unseat Fitzpatrick midway through the season and impress the coaching staff, throwing to these same practice squad players the first half off the season in practice when he was the teams 2nd string Qb?
I do not know the answer and could only offer guesses.
Perhaps he had improved enough in the film room to try in game reads?
Perhaps they wanted to see what he could do against specific teams?
I think many people thought it was odd to play him and then pull him. At least the reasoning was not obvious to those outside the team.

Well if we're going to count INTs that didnt occur, are we going to take off the INTs where the WR fell running his route, or were dropped by Grant or Bowden right into defenders hands... How about counting TDs that didnt happen because WRs couldnt hang on to the ball, should we add those TDs to his total? Or we just use the what ifs that make him look bad?

Even as a rookie, Tua was much better at taking care of the ball. Before going into the blood bath in Buffalo, he had 10 TDs to 2 INTs... Anyone who thinks Fitz is heading into that game with a similar ratio is ignoring reality.
Some of the td:int ratios can be misleading as Fitz tried more difficult throws.
I think my opinion may be that we simply do not know about Tua yet. He needs a preseason, OL, weapons, and experience before we will know if his draft was an error. That will all be improved enough in 2021 that he must show dramatic progress.

I think a huge piece of info will be “What do we do with #3?”
If we draft weapns/OL the front office is going with Tua.
If we draft a QB, They are admitting he was overdrafted.

Well anybody that tries to make the arguement that Fitz should have played the whole season is deluding themselves. Ok, sometimes you have to pull your big girl panties up and go out there and throw up 50/50 balls and see what happens. We did, and it wasn't pretty. We 'bought' the new shiny toy and had to, at some point , see what we had, and some here can see with a defensive coach's philosophy turnovers matter more than to some of the other coaching staffs. This is where you see, after watching a half century of football, that the kid hads been drilled by this staff and maybe even the previous on to take care of the rock and not make bonehead plays. Now if you couple that with the 'fact' that we had no players that could "win early" (or win anyway) and a young 'leaky' OL, and DC's knowledge that if you give this kid time he'll likely beat your @$$, you come closer to seeing the delima for the whole team. We relied on the D to keep us in games knowing the O was not just a work in progress but at least one draft away from even having a chance to be competitive for a division title, much less a chance at a ring.

Back
Top Bottom