Darnold Returning: Is this good or bad? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Darnold Returning: Is this good or bad?

Guess they didnt dominate our offensive line and defensive line. The score was not telling of the actual game. They clapped our cheeks on both sides.

They could not pass well but neither could we. Last week got whooped by an inferior team, wait til we play a team that isnt a laughing stock.
First paragraph = spot on. We were manhandled on both lines, and the score was not indicative of reality. We were an X int, and a strip on the goal line away from true beatdown. On the other hand, many games are decided by a couple of key plays.

Second paragraph = a leap. We have played some teams much better, overall, than the Broncos.

I'm looking at the loss as an outlier, an enigma.

By no means are we a top 10 team yet, but we aren't a bottom third team either.

I think our arrow is still pointing strongly upward.

I’d say if we lose because Darnold comes out slinging it then Everything we know about this team is wrong. Unless of course Jones or Howard limp off early and 23 comes strolling into the game.

First paragraph = spot on. We were manhandled on both lines, and the score was not indicative of reality. We were an X int, and a strip on the goal line away from true beatdown. On the other hand, many games are decided by a couple of key plays.

Second paragraph = a leap. We have played some teams much better, overall, than the Broncos.

I'm looking at the loss as an outlier, an enigma.

By no means are we a top 10 team yet, but we aren't a bottom third team either.

I think our arrow is still pointing strongly upward.

I am worried the Broncos found a formula to beat us and teams are going to use the same strategy until we can stop it. Luckily the Jets are so trash that we can use this game to boost our confidence. But I will say that if we lose to the Jets, even by 1 point, this could be the start of a full tilt on the rest of the season.

I am worried the Broncos found a formula to beat us and teams are going to use the same strategy until we can stop it. Luckily the Jets are so trash that we can use this game to boost our confidence. But I will say that if we lose to the Jets, even by 1 point, this could be the start of a full tilt on the rest of the season.
I think the formula had been there since week 1. We struggle to stop the run, I’ve worried about that every week, it’s not so easy to expose it though as it’s only happened a couple of times. They did beat up our OLINE too but there were some plays to be made, we didn’t make them. I’m going with a bad game also, hope I’m right. This team needs to play with a lead and turn the opposition into a passing team. That’s when the defense thrives.

It was baffling that we couldn't stop it on the fly. It wasn't some innovative, off the wall offensive twist. It was basic football 101. Pulling gaurds? I learned that in pee wee, and it was reenforced at every level in which I played.

If we can't immediately greatly mitigate that moving forward, something is seriously wrong, and I don't believe that......yet.

Last edited:
Then we aren't who I think we are.
Yeah we have to find a way to win this game. One because we want the fins to be good and two because regardless of what happens and whether you care or not we all know who the trolls and national media are gonna put it on. Annoying times if we lose this one.

Deck the injury cart out as the ghostbusters car, with a boom box playing ghostbusters. Then watch him throw pick after pick.

Guess they didnt dominate our offensive line and defensive line. The score was not telling of the actual game. They clapped our cheeks on both sides.

They could not pass well but neither could we. Last week we got whooped by an inferior team, wait til we play a team that isnt a laughing stock.
Miami was 15 yards from tying it. I don’t care what you consider Denver to have done all game. They had the chance to tie right there despite everything that happened in that game. It wasn’t an ass whooping.

Miami was 15 yards from tying it. I don’t care what you consider Denver to have done all game. They had the chance to tie right there despite everything that happened in that game. It wasn’t an *** whooping.

They were but we still got whooped the entire game. Had we won that game somehow, we would have stolen that win, and we still would have gotten our asses whooped the entire game before that game winning drive.

We were thoroughly outmatched all day. They made our rookie QB look pedestrian, they made our running defense look bad, they made our oline look like last year's trashy oline.

Had their offense and QB been more capable, we may have lost by like 2 or 3 tds. The Chiefs are going to feast on us if we dont fix these issues.

Back
Top Bottom