Daunte being stubborn. Kick in the face for FinFans. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daunte being stubborn. Kick in the face for FinFans.

McCool

Seasoned Vet
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with the Dolphins trying to get a pick for Culpepper. And Culpepper should understand that. We spent good money and a second round pick for a guy that played in 4 games. We paid him to rehab. This guy got millions of dollars just to show up. I have no sympathy for Culpepper. This is a business. If C-Pep had an agent, he probably would have been traded by now. There are teams interested in him. He's being stubborn, thinking he was treated unfairly. He needs to stop crying and give a little back to an organization that believed in him and gave him a chance to come back. If all he wanted to do was play football, then he would have accepted an offer by now. You have to think if he wants to play this year it will take him all summer to prove he’s a starting caliber QB. So, why the hold-up?
It’s all Daunte. He thinks because of the way he was treated when we got Green justifies the fact that we invested a lot in him, and he let us down. We didn’t trade a second round pick to get a QB that would suck for 4 games and then ride a bike for the rest of the season. Is it his fault that he wasn’t ready to come back from injury? No. But what happened, happened. It’s not Cam’s fault his game plan doesn’t include Daunte. What is he supposed to do? Change his game plan to adhere to one player? Both Daunte and the Dolphins never got what they expected. For the Dolphins…..
They expected a pro bowl Qb. For Daunte…….a chance to compete this year. It happens! This is a business! But who’s really being unprofessional? I think Daunte’s being a baby. He knows he not a starter anymore, and he’s taking out his frustrations on the Dolphins. It’s not the Dolphins fault that he sucked that last few years. The Dolphins paid the price in money and draft picks and will have to live with it. Daunte’s out of here any way, so why is he so overzealous about Miami getting a 6th or 7th rounder? Does he not feel that the damage has been done to the Dolphins since they got him? If you’re a Culpepper fan. You should look at what he’s doing to your beloved Dolphins. And just like the Godfather said “ You never go against the family.†So, open your eye’s, my Dolphin Brothers and Sisters. I liked Culpepper as a person and player, but I LOVE MY MIAMI DOLPHINS.

Its jusdt all daunte. he's exactly what vikes fans said about him... a selfish player who thinks whatever team he is under contract to owes him the world. when really... as far as im concerned... he owes us. this guy didnt do a damn thing for this organization. nothing. and dont give me the... he wasnt ready to come back crap. cuz it was him all along that said he was... im just so frustrated with all of this.. that combined with my baseball team loosing tonight by a score of 26-4. and ive had several cold crisp canadian beers. haha so im really angry. but really... im so sick of this. im tired of players in general... getting paid the money they do, and whining and complaining about being treated unfairly... especially when they have been granted persmission to speak to ANYONE to seek a trade... just.. give it up.. ur already overpaid... no matter what... youre injured... your career will NEVER be the same again... you arent that important to any team... you probably wont be a started for a competitive team... just... let it go

At least the Dolphins think enough of him to feel he's worth compensation...They could just cut him and show his sans-Moss highlights...

Get over it Dolfans. Daunte is making a good business decision for he and his family. The Dolphins gave him the shaft and he is moving on at his own pace.

Get over it Dolfans. Daunte is making a good business decision for he and his family. The Dolphins gave him the shaft and he is moving on at his own pace.

Actually Daunte may be making the worst business decision of his career. By getting into a public debacle with the Phins (after doing a similar stunt in Minn) you have to believe he has turned off a least a few suitors. And for what?

So he could control where he goes? I think working with the FO would accomplish that in a more civil manner.

So he can sign a bigger contract? Anyway you slice it Daunte is damaged goods and no one is going to pay top dollar for him. The Phins are only asking for a late round pick which won't significantly hurt his contract value, certainly not anymore then the grand standing he has been doing.

His best business decision would be to work with the FO to seek a trade ASAP so that he could get a full TC with another team, battle for either the starting or #2 position and then prove his worth. If he shows he is still the pro bowl version of Daunte then I'm more then sure who ever picked him up would restuture the contract for next year to keep him long term.

No, this isn't about Daunte doing what's best for his family. This is Daunte letting his ego get in the way of making smart decisions.

No, the Dolphins gave him an 8million dollar signing bonus and invested a 2nd rd pick. What did DC give the Phins? Nothing, NADA, zilch.
The Jags have expressed an interest, but he wants to be a jerk about it and make things difficult.

There's nothing wrong with the Dolphins trying to get a pick for Culpepper. And Culpepper should understand that. We spent good money and a second round pick for a guy that played in 4 games. We paid him to rehab. This guy got millions of dollars just to show up. I have no sympathy for Culpepper. This is a business. If C-Pep had an agent, he probably would have been traded by now. There are teams interested in him. He's being stubborn, thinking he was treated unfairly. He needs to stop crying and give a little back to an organization that believed in him and gave him a chance to come back. If all he wanted to do was play football, then he would have accepted an offer by now. You have to think if he wants to play this year it will take him all summer to prove he’s a starting caliber QB. So, why the hold-up?
It’s all Daunte. He thinks because of the way he was treated when we got Green justifies the fact that we invested a lot in him, and he let us down. We didn’t trade a second round pick to get a QB that would suck for 4 games and then ride a bike for the rest of the season. Is it his fault that he wasn’t ready to come back from injury? No. But what happened, happened. It’s not Cam’s fault his game plan doesn’t include Daunte. What is he supposed to do? Change his game plan to adhere to one player? Both Daunte and the Dolphins never got what they expected. For the Dolphins…..
They expected a pro bowl Qb. For Daunte…….a chance to compete this year. It happens! This is a business! But who’s really being unprofessional? I think Daunte’s being a baby. He knows he not a starter anymore, and he’s taking out his frustrations on the Dolphins. It’s not the Dolphins fault that he sucked that last few years. The Dolphins paid the price in money and draft picks and will have to live with it. Daunte’s out of here any way, so why is he so overzealous about Miami getting a 6th or 7th rounder? Does he not feel that the damage has been done to the Dolphins since they got him? If you’re a Culpepper fan. You should look at what he’s doing to your beloved Dolphins. And just like the Godfather said “ You never go against the family.†So, open your eye’s, my Dolphin Brothers and Sisters. I liked Culpepper as a person and player, but I LOVE MY MIAMI DOLPHINS.

first of all c-pep is treating it like a business too be looke how he was treated, saban rushed him back to early, the o-line sucked in the first half of the year, or rec corps is slow sa hell and not consistant, the play calling sucked on offense, or defense didn't gel until they put bell in the secondary, or corners were getting burnt left and right, but it all c-pep fault because we lost 4 games, then too top it of the new coaching staff said he could try to get hsi starting job back, so at the end of the day iw ould of done the dame thing, a player has to look out for himself,

At this point, I don't think Culpepper really cares what the fans think. So these threads have got to stop. It does not matter what we think is right or wrong. It's happening and all we can do is watch the drama unfold. Let's get back to the players that are on our team.

He's giving us the shaft, we paid him 8 million dollars and gave up a 2nd round draft pick for him yet we are the bad guys cause he doesn't fit Cam's style of offense. Give me a break, if he loved the Dolphin's as much as he has said he would want to help them get as much compensation as possible instead of saying I won't be traded.

Daunte is doing what other players have done.. it's not new.. just new to us.
The Dolphins are doing what other organizations have done..

Nothing new.. we're just the off season fodder for the journalists who dont have a whole lot to write about.

Get over this Daunte is getting mistreated idea he is till getting paid MILLIONS of dollars, if i got hurt at work I doubt they would be paying me for a year to rehab and if they did it would probably only be half of my salary at best.

Oh and by the way he SIGNED a contract to be a dolphin no one forced him to do it.

I know this example is a completely different situation but I feel there are some similarities to it as well. I didn't hear anyone last year jumping on the Manny Wright bandwagon when he wanted to be released, he was not released b/c Saban atleast wanted to get some compensation for wasting a 5th rd pick on him, well the same goes for Daunte we gave up a 2nd rd pick and a lot of money for him so why not try to get something back in return. WHY is that such a bad thing? I don't understand.

Its jusdt all daunte. he's exactly what vikes fans said about him... a selfish player who thinks whatever team he is under contract to owes him the world. when really... as far as im concerned... he owes us. this guy didnt do a damn thing for this organization. nothing. and dont give me the... he wasnt ready to come back crap. cuz it was him all along that said he was... im just so frustrated with all of this.. that combined with my baseball team loosing tonight by a score of 26-4. and ive had several cold crisp canadian beers. haha so im really angry. but really... im so sick of this. im tired of players in general... getting paid the money they do, and whining and complaining about being treated unfairly... especially when they have been granted persmission to speak to ANYONE to seek a trade... just.. give it up.. ur already overpaid... no matter what... youre injured... your career will NEVER be the same again... you arent that important to any team... you probably wont be a started for a competitive team... just... let it go

He charged us 8 million per win

kick in the face for fin fans :sidelol:

Daunte is very much a competitor. The dolphin organization failed as a whole in putting him in too early, and then Saban bolted.

The phins offensive line never gave Daunte anything to work with.
And Joey Harrington didn't fair that much better.

I don't care what QB you put back there, when you only have 2 seconds to make a throw.. not many QB's can fair well.

If Daunte goes to the JAGS.. good for him. I'm not writing Daunte off until he gets another shot when fully healed.. which wasn't what the dolphins did.

What this boils down to is Cam Cameron is in bed with Trent Old Man Green.
And the phins aren't going to pay two QB's top dollar. One has to go..

And it's Daunte.. Fair enough. Will see how this plays out if Daunte gets a shot with Mike Tice and the JAGS.

25047180-1.jpg

[mod] Personal attacks are not permitted here. [/mod]

kick in the face for fin fans :sidelol:

Daunte is very much a competitor. The dolphin organization failed as a whole in putting him in too early, and then Saban bolted.

The phins offensive line never gave Daunte anything to work with.
And Joey Harrington didn't fair that much better.

I don't care what QB you put back there, when you only have 2 seconds to make a throw.. not many QB's can fair well.

If Daunte goes to the JAGS.. good for him. I'm not writing Daunte off until he gets another shot when fully healed.. which wasn't what the dolphins did.

What this boils down to is Cam Cameron is in bed with Trent Old Man Green.
And the phins aren't going to pay two QB's top dollar. One has to go..

And it's Daunte.. Fair enough. Will see how this plays out if Daunte gets a shot with Mike Tice and the JAGS.

25047180-1.jpg

How is it that Harrington did MUCH better back there than Duante did with the same line if it wasnt the QB's fault? All dolphin fans must admit that when Harrington went in was the first time our offense actually had an identity (Regardless of how good it was). We actually began moving chains

Back
Top Bottom