Daunte being stubborn. Kick in the face for FinFans. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daunte being stubborn. Kick in the face for FinFans.

I'm going to speak for myself here.

I'm may be a Culpepper supporter, but I'm not going to stop rooting for this team, no matter. I'm backing Trent Green, because quite frankly, I don't see any other choice.

But with that said, I just don't see what's the hatred against Daunte for. Sure, he could have handled this situation different, so could the FO. As a matter of fact, if the FO just would have been up front with Culpepper in the first place (let me put emphasis on Culpepper, since, for this response I'm going to disregard the press conference), I believe this whole situation would have went a whole lot differently.

I think your right about how it was handled. But, from a business stand point, what if Cam/Mueller talked to Daunte before they got Green, and said, "you know we're going after Green. If that happens your out!" Do you think C-Pep would have asked to seek a trade at that time? Or do you think he would wait in the wings, wondering if he would play for the Dolphins this year? Either way, it would have been even more uncomfortable for Daunte then it was. Let's say that happened and we ended up not trading for Green. Now what do you say to him? " Sorry bout' that. You knew you were our number one guy. Right?"

I too think it could have been handled better. But how?

Excellent post.

While I support the team, why can't I question the decisions and actions of the Mueller and Cameron? What have they done to earn my trust or respect, besides get hired by Wayne?

Mark Schlereth talked about the Daunte situation on NFL Live today, and called the actions of the Miami Dolphins "Bush Leauge". That's how they're coming across to me, too

How many on this board slam Wannsedt or Saban, and that's OK? Why is only the current administration exempt from making any errors?

And for those hating on Daunte - I hate to inform you but he's still a Miami Dolphin. You must not be "real" fans if you disrespect players on the team.

We do this everytime. How many were claiming Saban could do no wrong last year, now everbody dumps on him. Cameron has proved nothing a head coach and he may turn out great but none of our moves have been earth shattering.

My point on this thread is about Daunte being selfish. A lot of Minnesota fans had said that about him when he was there, and i think his attitude about the organization owing him is childish. I'm sorry Daunte doesn't fit in the plans. I wanted him to be the savior and put up 4000+ yards a year for Miami. But it didn't happen. From what i saw last year, i doubt he'll ever do it again. He just hasn't looked the same since Moss left. The thing i'm trying to get across to C-Pep supporters, is that we've lost time, money, and the chance to get another good young player in the draft. We went after C-Pep last year because we had Linehan's offense. Makes sense. But those guy's are gone. And Daunte no longer has a purpose here. It's nothing personal. And he should understand that side of it. All we're trying to do is get a late round pick. It's not like what happened to Green. It's not like we're trying to keep him on the bench if we don't get a high draft pick. We are trying to move in a different direction, and one player is not going to stop that. Culpepper should look forward to playing for a different team, in a different system. Because even if we kept him, he would never win the starting job in this style of offense. The requirements to be a QB in Cam's offense include reading defenses quickly and having a quick release. Qualties that have never been Daunte's strong points.

I think your right about how it was handled. But, from a business stand point, what if Cam/Mueller talked to Daunte before they got Green, and said, "you know we're going after Green. If that happens your out!" Do you think C-Pep would have asked to seek a trade at that time? Or do you think he would wait in the wings, wondering if he would play for the Dolphins this year? Either way, it would have been even more uncomfortable for Daunte then it was. Let's say that happened and we ended up not trading for Green. Now what do you say to him? " Sorry bout' that. You knew you were our number one guy. Right?"

I too think it could have been handled better. But how?

IMO, if they told Daunte in the beginning, then I think he would have took it a whole lot better. With Cam Cameron being a new coach bringing in a new offensive system, he probably would have took it a whole lot better, thinking "You know, you're right. I understand. This is your first year, and all."

However, Cam Cameron, when asked by Culpepper on more than one occasion, said he'll get a chance. Even during the height of the Trent to Miami Saga, he told Culpepper "you'll get a chance". But DC didn't get that chance.

Basically, I just think Cam Cameron should not have made a promise to Culpepper he couldn't keep it.

Now, keep in mind, I'm not going to let this situation effect my view on Cam Cameron on other situations. I still think he's having a good start. I just think he handled this particulaor situation badly.

IMO, if they told Daunte in the beginning, then I think he would have took it a whole lot better. With Cam Cameron being a new coach bringing in a new offensive system, he probably would have took it a whole lot better, thinking "You know, you're right. I understand. This is your first year, and all."

However, Cam Cameron, when asked by Culpepper on more than one occasion, said he'll get a chance. Even during the height of the Trent to Miami Saga, he told Culpepper "you'll get a chance". But DC didn't get that chance.

Basically, I just think Cam Cameron should not have made a promise to Culpepper he couldn't keep it.

Now, keep in mind, I'm not going to let this situation effect my view on Cam Cameron on other situations. I still think he's having a good start. I just think he handled this particulaor situation badly.

I have read several posters that claim Cameron made a "PROMISE" to Culpepper. Can you provide links to a direct quote of Cameron making a "PROMISE" to Culpepper? Because from what I remember Cameron said a couple of things: 1) He was noncommittal and wouldn't make an evaluation on a QB who is not healthy and by Culpepper's own admission this week Culpepper said he still has a way's to go, and 2) Culpepper said Cameron told him to just keep working out as if he is still on the team (bc he was) before Green was traded.

I keep hearing about some "PROMISE" Cameron made to Culepper from his fans but I have never seen any direct quote in the media about a "PROMISE." I have to question whether this is just something Culpepper fans have made up to support their case in choosing Daunte over the Dolphins and thereby bashing Miami.

I have to agree, from what I have read and seen. I always had the impression Culpepper was done here it was just a matter of time. I never honestly got the impression from Cameron that Culpepper had a future with the Dolphins.

If he did I don't think he would have said things like he is not going to rate a player that isn't healthy. That to me sounds like he doesn't have much to really say about him since he isn't likly to figure into the future of the Dolphins. You don't try and get Green if you are thinking of keeping DC.

DC needs to get off his high horse, because there is a team out there in Jacksonville for whatever reason is interested in getting him, if he doesn't let the Dolphins trade him that interest will likely fade by the time the Phins do release him.

There's nothing wrong with the Dolphins trying to get a pick for Culpepper. And Culpepper should understand that. We spent good money and a second round pick for a guy that played in 4 games. We paid him to rehab. This guy got millions of dollars just to show up. I have no sympathy for Culpepper. This is a business. If C-Pep had an agent, he probably would have been traded by now. There are teams interested in him. He's being stubborn, thinking he was treated unfairly. He needs to stop crying and give a little back to an organization that believed in him and gave him a chance to come back. If all he wanted to do was play football, then he would have accepted an offer by now. You have to think if he wants to play this year it will take him all summer to prove he’s a starting caliber QB. So, why the hold-up?
It’s all Daunte. He thinks because of the way he was treated when we got Green justifies the fact that we invested a lot in him, and he let us down. We didn’t trade a second round pick to get a QB that would suck for 4 games and then ride a bike for the rest of the season. Is it his fault that he wasn’t ready to come back from injury? No. But what happened, happened. It’s not Cam’s fault his game plan doesn’t include Daunte. What is he supposed to do? Change his game plan to adhere to one player? Both Daunte and the Dolphins never got what they expected. For the Dolphins…..
They expected a pro bowl Qb. For Daunte…….a chance to compete this year. It happens! This is a business! But who’s really being unprofessional? I think Daunte’s being a baby. He knows he not a starter anymore, and he’s taking out his frustrations on the Dolphins. It’s not the Dolphins fault that he sucked that last few years. The Dolphins paid the price in money and draft picks and will have to live with it. Daunte’s out of here any way, so why is he so overzealous about Miami getting a 6th or 7th rounder? Does he not feel that the damage has been done to the Dolphins since they got him? If you’re a Culpepper fan. You should look at what he’s doing to your beloved Dolphins. And just like the Godfather said “ You never go against the family.†So, open your eye’s, my Dolphin Brothers and Sisters. I liked Culpepper as a person and player, but I LOVE MY MIAMI DOLPHINS.
Bull management is making a huge mistake not letting him compete>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:cooldude:

Bull management is making a huge mistake not letting him compete>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:cooldude:

How is that?
He doesn't fit the system we will be putting in place, we picked up the QB that does. We have no need for DC, even if he was 100% healthy he still would likely not be a good fit here now.

If we don't trade him soon just release him. Maybe he can catch on as a back up somewhere.

Problem one is that Daunte is a player agent.

Problem two is that Daunte wasn't cleared to play.

You can't let a player go while they are not cleared to play or you are violiting the NFLPA rules.

Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Don't really care what happens to DC, and I'm not concerned about any paltry compensation. I'd just like to see an end to this issue as long as he doesn't end up playing for another team within our division. Goodbye and good luck, DC Call us whatever you'd like as long as it's not collect .

Was Culpepper ever Mobile? Dan Marino was sacked 270 times in 17 years. Culpepper sacked 249 times in 7 years, you do the math. :evil:

LOL And to think the last two years he has only played 11 games he would have passed Dan already if heathy lol :sidelol:

Everyone keeps saying how Cameron told DC he would be given a chance...Cameron made his point VERY clear that he would only take the field if he was 100% healthy and DC is far from 100% healthy so where did Cameron ever lie to DC. He told DC he wouldnt participate unless he was 100%, DC isnt 100% hence he is not playing

At this point, I don't think Culpepper really cares what the fans think. So these threads have got to stop. It does not matter what we think is right or wrong. It's happening and all we can do is watch the drama unfold. Let's get back to the players that are on our team.
Technically speaking, Culpepper IS on our team.

Back
Top Bottom