Daunte being stubborn. Kick in the face for FinFans. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daunte being stubborn. Kick in the face for FinFans.

kick in the face to finfans? lmao. classic.

how is this any different than what our current starting qb did while in KC a month ago?

Difference? Green didn't hold up a trade, the Chiefs GM did by wanting more than the Dolphins wanted to give up. Did you miss that part ? :rolleyes2

Daunte is just being a selfish a-hole, because he didn't get his way. He's a spoiled brat.

Um, as I am not nostradamus I cannot read the future, but since TG is getting paid only 6 mil a year, even if we win 1 game, he will be charging us (So to speak) 6 million per win...Still cheaper than DC's 8 million per win...Anything else brainiac

And if by some chance Trent Green wins no games? I guess he'd be infinitely more expensive than Culpepper...

And if by some chance Trent Green wins no games? I guess he'd be infinitely more expensive than Culpepper...

Not really because he isnt getting paid more than 6 million whereas DC got 8 million...So even if we lose everygame, TC is still cheaper than DC

They own his rights under terms of the contract. They're certainly not obligated to just drop the contract, but neither is Culpepper obligated to change the terms of the contract to facilitate a trade. It is a business and both parties are exercising their rights.

But while they're not olibigated to drop the contract, they are obligated to operate under good faith to honor the terms of the contract (until they do drop the contract). Based on some of Cameron's quotes, I would say that the NFLPA has a valid point. But it's a gray area, and we'll find out what the arbitrator thinks when he rules on it.

I never said Culpepper was obligated to restructure, either. Personally I think he may wind up just shooting himself in the foot if he doesn't, however.

As for the NFLPA's stance, they could have a valid point. But even the Dolphins own player rep, Jay Feeley, questioned the validity of it. Besides, even if Culpepper were allowed to practice fully, would that really change anything? He's already been medically cleared by the Dolphins, and any team that signs him or trades for him will no doubt give him a physical anyway. At this point what market there is for him probably isn't going to be dictated on a couple of practices.

It's not about how Daunte played last year. Or who's fault it was that our offense sucked. It's about what's going on right now. You Culpepper supporters are hilarious. Before we got Green, you all were saying let's focus on the players we have here. Now that Daunte's on his way out, your still supporting him, even though he's shafting the Dolphins by blocking trade negotiations. Yea, business is business. But he's not helping his situation. There's nothing smart about what he's doing, business wise. If all he wanted to do was play football, he wouldn't care if the Dolphins got a draft pick.

I supported C-pep last year as well as this year. I defended that he wasn't healthy and that it was mostly the O-lines fault for his first four games. I wasn't calling for a Green trade. I would have been all for it if he had another chance this year as a dolphin. But, i like the way Cam is making this his own team. I'd rather him come in with a wrecking ball, and build his own from the ground up. Rather then keeping fan favorites and coming up short trying to make a player something there not. Even if Culpepper was 100%. Green is a better QB in this system than C-Pep. Just as Culpepper probably runs a better run and gun offense. You C-Pep supporters have no reason to be in love with Culpepper. He's played four games with Dolphins. Four very poorly games. And that's it!!! Why do you love a guy that never did anything for your team? Especially now. He's acting like a child. " if i don't get what i want, niether will you." What about the Millions of dollars we gave you? What about the faith we put in you, giving up a second round pick? This guy never did anything for the Miami Dolphins, and he thinks they owe him? And don't tell me he worked his butt off to rehab, cause that could only benefit himself. not to mention i'd be pretty motivated if you paid me millions to ride a bike.

You Culpepper fans better wise up, or you might as well start rooting for the team he winds up on. Your a Culpepper supporter? Well, i'm a Miami Dolphins supporter. If Zach Thomas get's too old to play and there's someone better behind him, then i got no problem with cutting him. I love Zach Thomas and would hate it if he didn't retire as a Dolphin. But, i love the Miami Dolphins as a team, more then any one player. And i want to see them succeed.

You Culpepper fans better wise up, or you might as well start rooting for the team he winds up on. Your a Culpepper supporter? Well, i'm a Miami Dolphins supporter. If Zach Thomas get's too old to play and there's someone better behind him, then i got no problem with cutting him. I love Zach Thomas and would hate it if he didn't retire as a Dolphin. But, i love the Miami Dolphins as a team, more then any one player. And i want to see them succeed.

Amen to this ! :)

and what is Trent Green going to charge us per win :sidelol:

Stan

I thought you were the retired mascot biggest rah rah guy for the fins???
Everytime someone would get down on a player, you would post, they are a Fins player, back the Fins!

Should that not count for Green now???

I understand your a Culpepper backer, but he is out of our plans now for good or bad.

So why the change??? No more rooting for Fins players? All those things you have said over the years, were they not true?

I have always liked your posts and your Rah-rah style, but it seems out of character for you to be bashing a Fins player.

This is not an attack on you, just a question on why the change?

It's not about how Daunte played last year. Or who's fault it was that our offense sucked. It's about what's going on right now. You Culpepper supporters are hilarious. Before we got Green, you all were saying let's focus on the players we have here. Now that Daunte's on his way out, your still supporting him, even though he's shafting the Dolphins by blocking trade negotiations. Yea, business is business. But he's not helping his situation. There's nothing smart about what he's doing, business wise. If all he wanted to do was play football, he wouldn't care if the Dolphins got a draft pick.

I supported C-pep last year as well as this year. I defended that he wasn't healthy and that it was mostly the O-lines fault for his first four games. I wasn't calling for a Green trade. I would have been all for it if he had another chance this year as a dolphin. But, i like the way Cam is making this his own team. I'd rather him come in with a wrecking ball, and build his own from the ground up. Rather then keeping fan favorites and coming up short trying to make a player something there not. Even if Culpepper was 100%. Green is a better QB in this system than C-Pep. Just as Culpepper probably runs a better run and gun offense. You C-Pep supporters have no reason to be in love with Culpepper. He's played four games with Dolphins. Four very poorly games. And that's it!!! Why do you love a guy that never did anything for your team? Especially now. He's acting like a child. " if i don't get what i want, niether will you." What about the Millions of dollars we gave you? What about the faith we put in you, giving up a second round pick? This guy never did anything for the Miami Dolphins, and he thinks they owe him? And don't tell me he worked his butt off to rehab, cause that could only benefit himself. not to mention i'd be pretty motivated if you paid me millions to ride a bike.

Well said...How these sole called dolphins "fans" can choose Daunte (A player) over the dolphins themselves. To choose a player who played for our team for only 4 games and badly at that (Regardless of the variables) is just beyond me...Its a true showing of where their hearts truly lie - which isnt with this team..

I never said Culpepper was obligated to restructure, either. Personally I think he may wind up just shooting himself in the foot if he doesn't, however.

As for the NFLPA's stance, they could have a valid point. But even the Dolphins own player rep, Jay Feeley, questioned the validity of it. Besides, even if Culpepper were allowed to practice fully, would that really change anything? He's already been medically cleared by the Dolphins, and any team that signs him or trades for him will no doubt give him a physical anyway. At this point what market there is for him probably isn't going to be dictated on a couple of practices.

Good points. I don't put a lot of stock in Feely's stance though. In the "Ask Brett Tressler" thread stickied above, Brett says:

With a grievance anything can happen. One of my clients just won a big settlement against a team last week. From a technical standpoint it looks like the Dolphins are doing nothing wrong, but from a practical standpoint they may be violating the spirit of the rules. As for why the NFLPA would "waste their time with this", it's because it's their job.

So, it sounds like it might be more subjective when it comes to the "spirit of the rules."

And I'm not sure what the remedy would be if the arbitrator rules in favor of Culpepper. It may not be a matter of making them practice Culpepper, but rather allowing Culpepper to terminate the contract since the Dolphins already breached it.

I'm going to speak for myself here.

I'm may be a Culpepper supporter, but I'm not going to stop rooting for this team, no matter. I'm backing Trent Green, because quite frankly, I don't see any other choice.

But with that said, I just don't see what's the hatred against Daunte for. Sure, he could have handled this situation different, so could the FO. As a matter of fact, if the FO just would have been up front with Culpepper in the first place (let me put emphasis on Culpepper, since, for this response I'm going to disregard the press conference), I believe this whole situation would have went a whole lot differently.

Not really because he isnt getting paid more than 6 million whereas DC got 8 million...So even if we lose everygame, TC is still cheaper than DC

Not per game won.

I'm going to speak for myself here.

I'm may be a Culpepper supporter, but I'm not going to stop rooting for this team, no matter. I'm backing Trent Green, because quite frankly, I don't see any other choice.

But with that said, I just don't see what's the hatred against Daunte for. Sure, he could have handled this situation different, so could the FO. As a matter of fact, if the FO just would have been up front with Culpepper in the first place (let me put emphasis on Culpepper, since, for this response I'm going to disregard the press conference), I believe this whole situation would have went a whole lot differently.

Excellent post.

While I support the team, why can't I question the decisions and actions of the Mueller and Cameron? What have they done to earn my trust or respect, besides get hired by Wayne?

Mark Schlereth talked about the Daunte situation on NFL Live today, and called the actions of the Miami Dolphins "Bush Leauge". That's how they're coming across to me, too

How many on this board slam Wannsedt or Saban, and that's OK? Why is only the current administration exempt from making any errors?

And for those hating on Daunte - I hate to inform you but he's still a Miami Dolphin. You must not be "real" fans if you disrespect players on the team.

While I support the team, why can't I question the decisions and actions of the Mueller and Cameron? What have they done to earn my trust or respect, besides get hired by Wayne?

O.K. What has Daunte done to earn your trust and respect?

How many on this board slam Wannsedt or Saban, and that's OK? Why is only the current administration exempt from making any errors?

Saban and Wannstedt made a lot of errors. I know this cause i've seen every game they've coached for the Dolphins. Cam/Mueller aren't exempt. They haven't played a game yet, so there offseason moves and game plan can't be considered wrong until there put to the test. Your intitled to your opinion. But just because you don't fully understand why they do what they do, shouldn't be reason enough to bash or side with another player over your team as a whole. There's a lot of people on here that can explain to you what kind of offense is being instilled, and what kind of players are good fits for those roles. Just ask.

And for those hating on Daunte - I hate to inform you but he's still a Miami Dolphin. You must not be "real" fans if you disrespect players on the team.

Now here, your just being confrontational. I guess i'm disrespecting him as calling him a baby. :boohoo: But he started it. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom