Daunte WANTS to be here | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daunte WANTS to be here

:shakeno:
Ark139954 said:
i hope culpepper is a good qb...'cause i didnt seem that way before
:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:
You Guys that think Brees is way better than Culpepper got to be kidding me....2 years ago Brees may have got knocked out of the league if the Chargers had enough balls to start Rivers instead. Brees is acurate....don't get me wrong, if the fins get him I'll be a happy camper, but get Culpepper and I'll be an even more happer camper!!

culpepper vs manning definately sounds a lot better than brees vs manning. culpepper isnt the one playing us up next to New Orleans. Talk about some BS, he said the first place hed go to was Miami, then when FA starts he goes to New Orleans first. I dont care if its because hes trying to get us to pay more money, - we cant afford to blow our cap on one guy who would just as soon play for the Saints. The Saints! How many guys put up 4700 yds and 29 tds besides Daunte and Peyton?

Buck1 said:
Culpepper is the better QB between him and Brees....I don't care what anyone says....This is how I think of it (and it may be stupid, but) if Miami and the Colts played in the AFC Championship Game....Culpepper vs. Manning sounds alot better than Brees vs. Manning.....Culpepper is the man and like you say HE WANTS TO BE HERE!!

but brees beat manning last year to end the streak.

ok all seriousness pepper is better if they are both at 100% and i'd say lets go for him IF he costs less than bress because i think his injury is worse.

I like brees he reminds me of some other undersized qb.... i think his name was bob griese.

i'll let saban decide whats best he didnt a great job last year and you know what they say "if coaches listen to the fans they end up sitting with them".

Culpepper is more of that gunslinger type. I would rather have a player like Brees who is smart with the ball and doesn't throw INTS like Pepper. You are telling me Brown, McMichael, and Chambers wouldn't be a good enough supporting cast for Brees.

Mainge said:
That's all well and good, but last time I checked, Brees beat Manning.

Yeah and Kelly always beat Marino too....nuff said.:shakeno:

Buck1 said:
Culpepper is the better QB between him and Brees....I don't care what anyone says....This is how I think of it (and it may be stupid, but) if Miami and the Colts played in the AFC Championship Game....Culpepper vs. Manning sounds alot better than Brees vs. Manning.....Culpepper is the man and like you say HE WANTS TO BE HERE!!

Lets base which QB we get on what is name sounds like please. Who beat Manning and Colts this year? Drew Brees

Buck1 said:

Yeah and Kelly always beat Marino too....nuff said.:shakeno:

exactly... we dont need a superstar qb we need one to manage the game and not make misstakes and w/ a good supporting cast (which we have) he will excel.

oh and by the way how many superbowls did Marino win?

Isnt that the goal here?

Brees is interested, we are not offering him near what the Saints are, he is only using them as leverage.

I want Culpepper now, on one hand you have a QB who wants more money and is trying to pump our price up whilst on the other you have a guy who would love to be here and wants to restructure his contract.

LoneWulF said:
culpepper vs manning definately sounds a lot better than brees vs manning. culpepper isnt the one playing us up next to New Orleans. Talk about some BS, he said the first place hed go to was Miami, then when FA starts he goes to New Orleans first. I dont care if its because hes trying to get us to pay more money, - we cant afford to blow our cap on one guy who would just as soon play for the Saints. The Saints! How many guys put up 4700 yds and 29 tds besides Daunte and Peyton?

No, Culpepper is the one demanding to be traded because he wanted 10 million more dollars after he had a horrible year and he blew his knee out.

Dmarino110 said:
guys i went to ucf...I know about the legend of Daunte...I also know that he is prone to making fiedler/feeley sized mistakes with or without randy moss.

Guys there is a reason he went to UCF and its not because he liked disney world, its because hes not the brightest crayon in the box. Do you want someone who even UM wouldn't allow on their team because hes not smart enough.

You're saying Daunte had to choose UCF, the same school you chose, because he isn't the brightest crayon in the box. Did you realize you were insulting yourself?

who would you rather have trent dilfer and a superbowl or dan marino for 1 season each?

i think its so funny people are so pissed off at brees, he wants a difference of 2 million a year, thats a load of money, put yourself in his shoes

Nice post.

Im in the middle on this one. I like both quarterbacks for some reasons and dislike them for others. Heres a little overview...

Brees Positives: Seems like a good leader, head is in the game at all times, good accuracy, makes smart deicisons.

Brees Negatives: weak arm strength, might command too much money, seems to be playign games with us right now, arm surgery (although Im pretty sure he will be fine).

Daunte Positives: Great arm and accuracy. Those of you saying he has no talent have got to be kidding. Moss helped, yes, but if youve ever watched culpepper he fires the ball downfield. Wants to be in Miami. Would get a fresh start here. Still young and possibly coachable.

Daunte Negatives: Head doesnt really seem to be in the game. Makes Mistakes. Questionable character. Can he be a leader? Leg issues have me worried. He will never be the runner he was after this injury.

Overall: Its a tough call but there are positives and negatives to each guy. I think you really have to take whoever comes cheaper at this point. I dont want to give brees 10 million in guaranteed money. I wonder if we could sign Daunte and bring in a good backup just in case.

Back
Top Bottom