Daunte WANTS to be here | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daunte WANTS to be here

cowtowndick said:
so what if he wants to be here - people in hell want a glass of cold water, that don't mean they get it. he might be ready in week 4??? and since when is a knee injury not as important as a throwing shoulder - they're about on par, don't you think? if you can't walk, you can't really throw a pass of any variety. and he was having a pretty sub-par year before he was hurt - what's the explanation for that?

the way culpepper conducts himself (demanding a new salary immediately after getting a monster raise, engaging in a p.r. war with the vikings head office through email and the media) is reminiscent of terrel owens. and sorry, the whole cruise boat thing is a problem - the vikings and culpepper are off to a very disappointing start to the year, and he spends the bye week organizing a hooker/stripper bash? leadership isn't important? whatever reservations you may have about brees, you have to have them for culpepper - they may be different, but equal. and brees will be on the practice field, throwing in july. culpepper won't. and culpepper will cost us at least a second round draft choice. brees will not. reality is they both have positives and negatives - it's almost like flipping a coin.

Well, CowTownDick, I would have to disagree with you by far. Ipersonally would rather have a sprained leg than a sprained arm if I was throwing a football. Seems to me that a Quarterbacks most valuable asset is the arm he throws the ball with. Sure, his legs are important too, but if he never gets his arm back to what it was (and Brees was weak to begin with) then WHAT GOOD IS HE? Of course, a qb can continue to play even if his legs arent as strong as they ised to be, as long as he can make up for it with his arm. Would you rather have A guy who can throw the ball for miles but is limited in his running ability, or a guy who can move around effectively but cant throw the ball accurately or far?

As you can see from the sig, I am a Culpepper supporter but I also like Brees. But I think talent wise Pepp edges Brees out.

Dmarino110 said:
guys i went to ucf...I know about the legend of Daunte...I also know that he is prone to making fiedler/feeley sized mistakes with or without randy moss.

Guys there is a reason he went to UCF and its not because he liked disney world, its because hes not the brightest crayon in the box. Do you want someone who even UM wouldn't allow on their team because hes not smart enough.

Im not for brees either...I think pinning your hopes on 1 of 2 guys who had major surgury (1 in his throwing shoulder the other tore every ligament in hi knee) is the stupidest idea i can think of. Are they upgrades to ferotte, yes. Are they gonna be as god as they can be, Maybe but they are damaged goods. I say go after someone with a clean bill of health, if that means moving up for a higher draft pick then do it.

I have been following UCF for a long time as well, and you sir are wrong. Daunte Culpepper went to UCF because he grew up in Ocala and was having problems with his family and minor law trouble and CHOSE it was best to stay at UCF. He could've gone almost anywhere. It was his CHOICE. He was definitely not too stupid to go to Miami or FSU or anywhere else.

Not quite sure where you got your facts.

LoneWulF said:
Well, CowTownDick, I would have to disagree with you by far. Ipersonally would rather have a sprained leg than a sprained arm if I was throwing a football. Seems to me that a Quarterbacks most valuable asset is the arm he throws the ball with. Sure, his legs are important too, but if he never gets his arm back to what it was (and Brees was weak to begin with) then WHAT GOOD IS HE? Of course, a qb can continue to play even if his legs arent as strong as they ised to be, as long as he can make up for it with his arm. Would you rather have A guy who can throw the ball for miles but is limited in his running ability, or a guy who can move around effectively but cant throw the ball accurately or far?

i have as many reservations about brees as i do about culpepper, but we need to be clear about one thing: culpepper's knee injury is at least if not more of a concern than brees' shoulder. we're not talking about a tweaked knee - it was three of four knee ligaments torn. brees may have a weakened shoulder limiting his ability to throw the deep ball - no question. but culpepper needs to be able to stand, to run, to move. running was a big part of his game, and how can anyone say that he'll have anything close to the same mobility. if he can't move, he's worse than a qb with a weak arm.

The reason Daunte went to UCF was out of loyalty. They were the first school to recruit him heavily and they really believed him from the start. Although, Daunte was eventually recruited by every major college, he choose UCF because he felt a loyalty to their coach and the college.

BTW, while at UCF, Joe Namath called Culpepper one of the greatest QBs he had ever seen.

Zacher87 said:
I have been following UCF for a long time as well, and you sir are wrong. Daunte Culpepper went to UCF because he grew up in Ocala and was having problems with his family and minor law trouble and CHOSE it was best to stay at UCF. He could've gone almost anywhere. It was his CHOICE. He was definitely not too stupid to go to Miami or FSU or anywhere else.

Not quite sure where you got your facts.

Facts are a luxury that aren't required here at FH in order to post.
:D

LoneWulF said:

You cannot throw accurately or strongly without having health legs. If you can't plant you are toast.

allred65 said:
You cannot throw accurately or strongly without having health legs. If you can't plant you are toast.

It's about five times harder to throw with an injured shoulder than it is injured legs.

allred65 said:

You can't throw at all without an arm.

Minnestoa is fine with Culpepper leaving... Brad Johnson did a better job behind their weak offensive line. Once Johnson took over the Vikings were competitive again.

With as much as we are going to invest... I just don't want to break the bank with a guy who may turn out like Kurt Warner... a guy at the top who quickly fell out of grace...

I think both Brees and Culpepper are big risks, and neither will really be ready to play by season's start.

LoneWulF said:
he is standing pat until he knows whether or not Miami signs Brees. He wants to be here. That is more than can be said for Brees. Daunte has already said he will restructure and reports say he will be ready at most week 4 of the regular season. He already knows the Miami Dolphin offense. Brees only throws short passes to his runningbacks and tight end, he doesnt launch the ball down the field. WHY DO WE WANT ANOTHER FIEDLER. Ya i said it, all he does is manages games. He is not a playmaker. Everyone in San Diego wants RIVERS to start. If you say Culpeppers success was in large part due to Moss, then YOU MUST SAY Brees success is in huge part due to Ladainian Tomlinson and Antonio Gates. Culpepper wants to be here, is a FLA native, is a 3time probowler, his injury wasnt to his throwing arm, knows our offense, is proven in this league, has an extremely high pass percentage, and when he gets his legs back healthy is second only to Michael Vick in rushing as a qb. We shouldnt pay Drew Brees Payton Manning and Tom Brady money. And we cant afford to wait while other teams are signing free agents

I HIGHLY agree get on the phone and call the VIKES!!

Daunte wants to be out of Minnesota, and he believes that Miami is his ticket out. That is not the same thing as wanting to be here.

One thing, whichever QB we are getting, AT LEAST we are FINALLY getting a STARTING caliber QB. Not someone else's backup or trash.

Dolphin1184 said:
One thing, whichever QB we are getting, AT LEAST we are FINALLY getting a STARTING caliber QB. Not someone else's backup or trash.

Yeah, if you overlook the injuries that could have both of these men on the shelf the whole year.

Back
Top Bottom