Daunte WANTS to be here | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daunte WANTS to be here

big0mar said:
A lot of the mistakes you guys claim he makes will be eliminated by Saban.

:sidelol:

No, they won't. You can sell me that Saban might have some impact on the performance of a defensive back or a linebacker, but he isn't some QB guru. Mularkey might help him eliminate some mistakes, but I kind of doubt that because Linehan was supposedly such a golden QB guy and couldn't do so.

Jimmy James said:
Those of you who think Pepper will be just fine need to look at Randall Cunningham. He injured his knee the first game of 1991, and it took him until 1994 to throw for 3000 yards again. Even then, his yardage total (rushing and passing) was just 3417 yards. Cunningham actually threw for more yardage than that in 1990, and his total was 4398 combined yards in 1990. After the knee injury, Cunningham never made it to 4000+ combined yards again.

ETA: Oh, Cunningham only tore 2 ligaments in his knee -- the MCL and the PCL.

Seems like it didnt affect edgerrin james or Mcgahee who really had some bad knees and not to mention terry allen who tore up both of his knees. Medical advancement has come along way since cunningham..

If Daunte and Minny won't allow a physical exam of his knee WHY should we go after him?????????? :confused:

Jimmy James said:

No, they won't. You can sell me that Saban might have some impact on the performance of a defensive back or a linebacker, but he isn't some QB guru. Mularkey might help him eliminate some mistakes, but I kind of doubt that because Linehan was supposedly such a golden QB guy and couldn't do so.

Saban may not be a QB guru, but all hail JASON GARRETT! :goof:

AquaAssasin said:
Seems like it didnt affect edgerrin james or Mcgahee who really had some bad knees and not to mention terry allen who tore up both of his knees. Medical advancement has come along way since cunningham..

Perhaps you didn't notice, but none of those men are quarterbacks.

As to the surgical techniques, Cunningham got his MCL repaired and his PCL replaced with a cadaver tendon. He was apparently also one of the first to get the use of the polymer-based knee braces from what I read.

Terry Allen apparently had the SECOND one of his surgeries some time before September 18, 1994, so I hardly think you can use him as an example of advances in technology. That means my point actually carries more weight thanks to what you wrote.

Jimmy James said:

its one thing to have to answer to mike tice after an INT. its another thing to listen to Saban.

Culeppers avg QB rating is 112.2 in games played without moss (2001-2004)

Jimmy James said:
Perhaps you didn't notice, but none of those men are quarterbacks.

As to the surgical techniques, Cunningham got his MCL repaired and his PCL replaced with a cadaver tendon. He was apparently also one of the first to get the use of the polymer-based knee braces from what I read.

Terry Allen apparently had the SECOND one of his surgeries some time before September 18, 1994, so I hardly think you can use him as an example of advances in technology. That means my point actually carries more weight thanks to what you wrote.

actually not, The times have changed since the old dead mans ligament. Medical advancement has drastically improved. Daunte has a better chance of fully recovering from his injuries than Brees. Why do you think alot people are questioning Bree's arm than Culpepper's knee? Teams know that Daunte will heal very well if he does everything that his doctor tells him to do.

I for one know first hand what a shoulder surgery does to the arm. I had my left shoulder scoped and till this day i have never recovered from the surgery. that surgery was almost four years ago and it wasnt even close to Brees's injury.

AquaAssasin said:
actually not, The times have changed since the old dead mans ligament.

Yet Terry Allen had this new modern procedure? That's credible. :sidelol:

I'll point out that Channing Crowder has the dead man's tendon (edited from ligament). Reconcile that.

Teams know that Daunte will heal very well if he does everything that his doctor tells him to do.

Teams that believe that are not acting in their own best interest. There is considerable risk to knee injuries even now. That's a big reason why there was some concern in Cincy that Palmer might never play again. Palmer's injury was only one ligament worse than Pepper's, and Palmer doesn't make his money running to the extent Pepper does. Palmer also isn't as big as Pepper is. There is a lot of data out there about guys the size of a RB coming back. There is less about guys the size of a defensive end.

I for one know first hand what a shoulder surgery does to the arm. I had my left shoulder scoped and till this day i have never recovered from the surgery. that surgery was almost four years ago and it wasnt even close to Brees's injury.

You say this was 4 years ago. Would you have me believe that while knee surgery has advanced so much, shoulder surgery has not? At the same time, did you have your shoulder worked on by the legendary Dr. James Andrews, the man who dealt with the partial rotator cuff tear of one Roger Clemens back in 1985 if I recall my Clemens timeline right? Who do you think puts more wear on that rotator cuff, anyway -- a power pitcher or a quarterback?

Finsfan13 said:
Minnestoa is fine with Culpepper leaving... Brad Johnson did a better job behind their weak offensive line. Once Johnson took over the Vikings were competitive again.
You get the prize for the most ignorant quote of the day. Johnson threw for over 200 yards once in the 10 games he played. Minny's defense improved big time when Johnson took over and that is why they started winning games. The only team they beat with a winning record was the Giants and they won that game by scoring all 3 of their TD on returns (int, punt and kickoff.) Johnson was responsible for the Vikes not making the playoffs due to his horrendous performance in their last 2 games.

Brees is not close to being in Culpepper's league. The only reason why Minny is getting rid of him is because their new coach is a tyrant who wants full control of the team. He has fired every coach, trainer and secretary and he has purposely alienated Culpepper, because he is a threat to his authority.

Jimmy James said:
Yet Terry Allen had this new modern procedure? That's credible. :sidelol:

I'll point out that Channing Crowder has the dead man's ligament. Reconcile that.

Teams that believe that are not acting in their own best interest. There is considerable risk to knee injuries even now. That's a big reason why there was some concern in Cincy that Palmer might never play again. Palmer's injury was only one ligament worse than Pepper's, and Palmer doesn't make his money running to the extent Pepper does. Palmer also isn't as big as Pepper is. There is a lot of data out there about guys the size of a RB coming back. There is less about guys the size of a defensive end.

You say this was 4 years ago. Would you have me believe that while knee surgery has advanced so much, shoulder surgery has not? At the same time, did you have your shoulder worked on by the legendary Dr. James Andrews, the man who dealt with the partial rotator cuff tear of one Roger Clemens back in 1985 if I recall my Clemens timeline right? Who do you think puts more wear on that rotator cuff, anyway -- a power pitcher or a quarterback?

believe me, daunte is better off than brees's as far as injuries are concerned. I like them both but if its injuries that the team is concerned I would rather go with daunte. I take it that you havent had a knee/shoulder worked on? Its a different story! Well, time will tell.

thats all im saying and its just my .02 cents..

Brsdd said:
The only reason why Minny is getting rid of him is because their new coach is a tyrant who wants full control of the team.

Yeah, that's totally it. It has nothing to do with the fact that the team was in shambles and is in need for a shot of discipline, something nobody up there has known a damned thing about since Denny Green (and it's pathetic when Green looks like a disciplinarian because he's a player's coach). Brad Childress is a hell of a coach, and he is doing what is best for the organization in the name of what is best for the organization. This has nothing to do with his ego or a desire on his part to be a tyrant.

He has fired every coach,

That should be "coach".

AKA pimp?

and secretary

I don't even want to go where this goes...

and he has purposely alienated Culpepper

If by alienated, you mean made perfectly clear that his job is to rehab that knee and get ready to play football, not get his jollies on a party boat.

Jimmy James said:
If by alienated, you mean made perfectly clear that his job is to rehab that knee and get ready to play football, not get his jollies on a party boat.

Just because he was on a boat with consenting adults doesnt mean that he wasnt rehabbing his injuries! What is he supposed to do? live at the physical therapist office and live like a hermit.

:rolleyes2

AquaAssasin said:
Just because he was on a boat with consenting adults doesnt mean that he wasnt rehabbing his injuries!

Acting in a manner that is contrary to the law absolutely shows that his mind was not on his job as much as it was on getting his jollies in a reckless manner that shamed the team.

What is he supposed to do? live at the physical therapist office and live like a hermit.

Have you noticed all the reports about where Brees is? If you haven't, he's in Birmingham rehabbing his shoulder under the supervision of Dr. Andrews. Give me that type of diligent player any time.

Dmarino110 said:
guys i went to ucf...I know about the legend of Daunte...I also know that he is prone to making fiedler/feeley sized mistakes with or without randy moss.

Guys there is a reason he went to UCF and its not because he liked disney world, its because hes not the brightest crayon in the box. Do you want someone who even UM wouldn't allow on their team because hes not smart enough.

Im not for brees either...I think pinning your hopes on 1 of 2 guys who had major surgury (1 in his throwing shoulder the other tore every ligament in hi knee) is the stupidest idea i can think of. Are they upgrades to ferotte, yes. Are they gonna be as god as they can be, Maybe but they are damaged goods. I say go after someone with a clean bill of health, if that means moving up for a higher draft pick then do it.

Wow frank, you'd be the last one that I'd expect to hear this take from. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom