Daunte WANTS to be here | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daunte WANTS to be here

Jimmy James said:
Okay, I have to see this study. Who did you maim to figure this out? ;)

The fact that it was absolutely impossible to throw anything worth a damn when I tore my AC Ligament.

Jaj said:
The fact that it was absolutely impossible to throw anything worth a damn when I tore my AC Ligament.

Did you let somebody blow up your knee just to make sure? :tongue:

Hey man i'd take Culp. just as soon as i'd take Brees. I think both players have their upsides. I don't pay much mind to Culpeppers poor season last year. One he was injured, and two, I think the man just needs a change of scenery. I think if he came to Miami he'd shine all over again. Especially if we add another big name receiver to go along with Chambers. Our Oline seems to be coming together nicely. He'd have Ronnie B. He'd be a pro bowler again in no time. Personally i'm happy with either QB. I just want to get somebody signed.

It is nice that Culp actually WANTS to play for Miami though. That should be takin into consideration.

Dmarino110 said:
guys i went to ucf...I know about the legend of Daunte...I also know that he is prone to making fiedler/feeley sized mistakes with or without randy moss.

Guys there is a reason he went to UCF and its not because he liked disney world, its because hes not the brightest crayon in the box. Do you want someone who even UM wouldn't allow on their team because hes not smart enough.

Im not for brees either...I think pinning your hopes on 1 of 2 guys who had major surgury (1 in his throwing shoulder the other tore every ligament in hi knee) is the stupidest idea i can think of. Are they upgrades to ferotte, yes. Are they gonna be as god as they can be, Maybe but they are damaged goods. I say go after someone with a clean bill of health, if that means moving up for a higher draft pick then do it.

NFL players these days have recovered numerous times from major knee injuries but not shoulder surjuries. I really think we might be better off with daunte than brees. TOOO much ? about the health of his shoulder..

Seriously, think about it!

I so agree with you KuD you speak the truth. Who cares lets just bring one in Brees or Pep i dont care both are pro bowlers and r sure future pro bowlers. and who do we have now gus never wass nor will be a pro bowler so lets get them and sign some D# boys. look at that secondary man law, arrington, adams and a good ss or fs would be very nice huh???? sign mawae and super bowl bound:eek:

Hummer23 said:
Culpepper is more of that gunslinger type. I would rather have a player like Brees who is smart with the ball and doesn't throw INTS like Pepper. You are telling me Brown, McMichael, and Chambers wouldn't be a good enough supporting cast for Brees.

Drew threw his fair share of picks this year. Dante is a much better QB than Brees. I would easily pay Dante 10 million a year, but Brees is not worth it. Dante will make plays in and out of the pocket. (Maybe, not as much now because he will be coming off knee surgery.

Those of you who think Pepper will be just fine need to look at Randall Cunningham. He injured his knee the first game of 1991, and it took him until 1994 to throw for 3000 yards again. Even then, his yardage total (rushing and passing) was just 3417 yards. Cunningham actually threw for more yardage than that in 1990, and his total was 4398 combined yards in 1990. After the knee injury, Cunningham never made it to 4000+ combined yards again.

ETA: Oh, Cunningham only tore 2 ligaments in his knee -- the MCL and the PCL.

Jimmy James said:
Those of you who think Pepper will be just fine need to look at Randall Cunningham. He injured his knee the first game of 1991, and it took him until 1994 to throw for 3000 yards again. Even then, his yardage total (rushing and passing) was just 3417 yards. Cunningham actually threw for more yardage than that in 1990, and his total was 4398 combined yards in 1990. After the knee injury, Cunningham never made it to 4000+ combined yards again.

ETA: Oh, Cunningham only tore 2 ligaments in his knee -- the MCL and the PCL.

interesting stuff.

stick with brees!!!

Culpeper would be the best quarterback we have had since Marino. Brees is either Brady or Fiedler. He is inconsistant at best

Culpepper has excellent height and is massive. He has a quick set in pass pro. Shows good ball skills on playfakes. His arm strength is rare. He shows the ability to fit the ball into tight spots downfield and he shows great zip on his deep out passes. His ability to read defenses and spot coverages pre-snap is much improved. He has adjusted to different schemes and coordinators throughout his career and is an intelligent quarterback. Knows how to study film and has improved in terms of understanding tendencies.

big0mar said:
He has a quick set in pass pro. Shows good ball skills on playfakes. His arm strength is rare. He shows the ability to fit the ball into tight spots downfield and he shows great zip on his deep out passes...

...and these elements of the scouting report are now completely in the air because of his injury.

cowtowndick said:
...and these elements of the scouting report are now completely in the air because of his injury.

That goes double due to his massive size that so many people laud. We know how a knee injury worked with Chester -- Pepper is closer to Larry's size than he is the normal QB size.

culpepper has a higher career rating...in the past 4 seasons, culpepper has thrown one INT more per year...you can argue that culpepper had moss, but I think the Dolphins can offer more weapons than he ever had in Minnesota. A lot of the mistakes you guys claim he makes will be eliminated by Saban. Culpepper is a rare talent. We shoudlnt pass him up.

Back
Top Bottom