Daunte WANTS to be here | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daunte WANTS to be here

You are telling me if you were Brees you wouldn't want to get the most money you possibly could from Miami?

Hummer23 said:
Lets base which QB we get on waht is name sounds like please. Who beat Manning and Colts this year? Drew Brees

Once again......let me explain it....I wouldn't mind either QB....If I had my choice It would be Culpepper even if HE was the one wanting more money but no - it's Brees who now thinks he's Joe Montana...
And sorry to say it again but how many times did Kelly beat Marino...i.e. it's not QB vs QB, which may have been misunderstood in my first post on this topic, but what I am trying to say is that the hype would be Culpepper vs. Manning ....if that was the case....if Brees is the QB...the QB hype is not the same....and no I'm not just going by what "sounds" good....I'm going by what QB is better and which QB is without an ARM injury AND threatening to go to the freakin New Orleans SAints over us...and the other who is almost begging to come here...
Like I said I wouldn't mind either one , I would just prefer Culpepper...and everyone has their opinion......I swear if we were in the running to get Peyton Manning, people on here would come up with reasons why we should get him ......

Some of you seem to be forgetting that Culpepper already got his big payday. Brees is just looking for his, as well. If we take Culpepper we take on his huge contract and give up a draft pick, too. With Brees it's about working out a new contract.

Some of you seem to be forgetting that Culpepper already got his big payday. Brees is just looking for his, as well. If we take Culpepper we take on his huge contract and give up a draft pick, too. With Brees it's about working out a new contract.

We wouldnt take on Culpeppers contract. He would restructure.

Looks like it was the Chargers defense that beat the Colts, not Brees by the looks of these numbers!

QB Drew Brees[SIZE=-1], Pass: 22 - 33 - 255 - 1 TD / 2 INT, Rush: 1 - 0 - 0 :shakeno: [/SIZE]

and add a fumble to those numbers also.

finnyfan4life said:
Looks like it was the Chargers defense that beat the Colts, not Brees by the looks of these numbers!

[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

Ark139954 said:
i hope culpepper is a good qb...'cause i didnt seem that way before
Are you serious????? In 2004 Culpepper broke Marino's record for most yards from scrimage by a QB. He would have been the league MVP if it weren't for Manning's freakish season. His season was rated as the 4th best ever for a QB in the history of the NFL.

And it didn't seem to you that he was a good QB??? What a joke!!!

Brsdd said:
Are you serious????? In 2004 Culpepper broke Marino's record for most yards from scrimage by a QB. He would have been the league MVP if it weren't for Manning's freakish season. His season was rated as the 4th best ever for a QB in the history of the NFL.

And it didn't seem to you that he was a good QB??? What a joke!!!

Yeah , like I said if Manning were available people on here would be saying of we shouldn't get him cause of this or that.......un-freakin believable!

MIAdolphin89 said:
haha that's all well and good, cuz last time I checked Frerrote beat Brees.
Nice! and my point exactly...glad to see some people on here can see that Pep is a good QB!

You can argue all day until you're blue in face about each of the 2 QBs strengths and weaknesses. They both have injuries that affect different aspects of their playing ability; one is a gunslinger type and one is a dink-and-dunk type; one is a pocket QB and the other is more mobile. However, all in all when I really look at the big picture and I would rather have Culpepper as our QB. He is bigger, faster, stronger, and more of a playmaker and he is definitely proven in this league as great QB.

LoneWulF said:
He wants to be here....That is more than can be said for Brees. Daunte has already said he will restructure and reports say he will be ready at most week 4 of the regular season. He already knows the Miami Dolphin offense.... Culpepper wants to be here, is a FLA native, is a 3time probowler, his injury wasnt to his throwing arm, knows our offense, is proven in this league, has an extremely high pass percentage, and when he gets his legs back healthy is second only to Michael Vick in rushing as a qb...And we cant afford to wait while other teams are signing free agents

so what if he wants to be here - people in hell want a glass of cold water, that don't mean they get it. he might be ready in week 4??? and since when is a knee injury not as important as a throwing shoulder - they're about on par, don't you think? if you can't walk, you can't really throw a pass of any variety. and he was having a pretty sub-par year before he was hurt - what's the explanation for that?

the way culpepper conducts himself (demanding a new salary immediately after getting a monster raise, engaging in a p.r. war with the vikings head office through email and the media) is reminiscent of terrel owens. and sorry, the whole cruise boat thing is a problem - the vikings and culpepper are off to a very disappointing start to the year, and he spends the bye week organizing a hooker/stripper bash? leadership isn't important? whatever reservations you may have about brees, you have to have them for culpepper - they may be different, but equal. and brees will be on the practice field, throwing in july. culpepper won't. and culpepper will cost us at least a second round draft choice. brees will not. reality is they both have positives and negatives - it's almost like flipping a coin.

MIAdolphin89 said:
haha that's all well and good, cuz last time I checked Frerrote beat Brees.

We can do this all day. Fact is, I was answering to his post that Culpepper can beat Manning, but I stated Brees has already done that.

Not so fast

Uh, I can tell you that I know FOR A FACT that the entrance requirements to get in our university are very challenging... I wouldn't be a faculty member there if I had a bunch of idiot students. Your comment was uncalled for.

Ban?

:fire:
Dmarino110 said:
guys i went to ucf...I know about the legend of Daunte...I also know that he is prone to making fiedler/feeley sized mistakes with or without randy moss.

Guys there is a reason he went to UCF and its not because he liked disney world, its because hes not the brightest crayon in the box. Do you want someone who even UM wouldn't allow on their team because hes not smart enough.

Im not for brees either...I think pinning your hopes on 1 of 2 guys who had major surgury (1 in his throwing shoulder the other tore every ligament in hi knee) is the stupidest idea i can think of. Are they upgrades to ferotte, yes. Are they gonna be as god as they can be, Maybe but they are damaged goods. I say go after someone with a clean bill of health, if that means moving up for a higher draft pick then do it.

Back
Top Bottom