Dave to resign today? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dave to resign today?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Are you serious?????

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

Oh, so you were advanced for your time huh? Sure you were.

Go back and actually read the thread if you are going to post a question on it. If you don't get your questions answered come back and see me and I'll explain it to you.

We don't "All know" or all agree. You caught grief last year because you were speaking about something you don't have a full understanding of.....in other words you were ignorant of the situation. Just because there are more people that agree with you now doesn't change that fact a bit.

Ignorant of what situation? The fact that this team has gone backwards EVERY year under Wannstedt and apparently, that is something that you don't have an understanding of. Thinking other people don't "have a full understanfding" or "ignorant of the situation" simply because you don't agree with them is rather ridiculous. You are defending Wanny because the other's share in the blame. That is true to a point, but the bottom line is that it all Starts with Wanny. If coaches don't get the job done, replace them. Same for the players. But the problem is that we could totally revamp the whole roster and staff. but if Wanny is here to pull the strings, then end result will eventually be the same. It doesn't take alot to be able to have a full understanding of that.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Are you serious?????

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Ignorant of what situation? The fact that this team has gone backwards EVERY year under Wannstedt and apparently, that is something that you don't have an understanding of. Thinking other people don't "have a full understanfding" or "ignorant of the situation" simply because you don't agree with them is rather ridiculous. You are defending Wanny because the other's share in the blame. That is true to a point, but the bottom line is that it all Starts with Wanny. If coaches don't get the job done, replace them. Same for the players. But the problem is that we could totally revamp the whole roster and staff. but if Wanny is here to pull the strings, then end result will eventually be the same. It doesn't take alot to be able to have a full understanding of that.

I think it's obvious that we need to revamp much of the roster as well as the coaching staff. When this thread began nobody was saying anything about revamping the roster. It was just a "rip the coaches thread". It's obvious we are not where we all want the team to be and that there are problems on both levels. Hopfully we will find improvements over what we have at all the weak spots in our organization.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Are you serious?????

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

I think it's obvious that we need to revamp much of the roster as well as the coaching staff. When this thread began nobody was saying anything about revamping the roster. It was just a "rip the coaches thread". It's obvious we are not where we all want the team to be and that there are problems on both levels. Hopfully we will find improvements over what we have at all the weak spots in our organization.

I know what you mean. problems develope alot on a long thread in that some many other things get brought into the original topic, a little bit here and a little bit there and winds up confusing the whole mess. but I'm with youtho, hopefully we WILL find improvements at all our weak spots. ;)

Mike,

I think you give the coaching profession a little too much of an excuse. There are a thousand and one things wrong with this team that you can attribute to coaching. I'm just not smart enough to name them all.

I will give you a list of my mistakes this past year in little league.

Number 1 - We played soft. We had kids that were not prepared for the violence that this game contains. We had 5 days of "conditioning" in which two kids puked. We had tackling drills. We had blocking drills.

Where do I place the blame for the number 1 reason? Coaching. We had kids that should not be playing football. I felt bad about the conditioning and the puking. I thought we may have ran them to much. I was wrong.

4th quarter of the first game? they had nothing left in the tank.

Number 2 - Some were too small. I have been of the opinion that at 10 and 11 years old you do not push kids to the point of quitting football. I love this game and want kids to know the joy of the game. Nevertheless that does not change the fact that you coach kids to win the game. In my town there is always a backlog of kids that registered late. I encouraged kids to give it their all and stay with it. The other team in town? He told kids they were too small, didn't have the skill, and any other trait that he could put on them that would encourage those that would quit to quit. Our record? 4-6 His record? 9-1

My team had the moral edge. His team had the winning edge.

Number 3 - It's not MY team. I am not the head coach. I saw things that were wrong. I knew they were wrong but I had corrected so many wrongs that I felt that I was dominating and it was not my place. The existing coaching staff had not won a single game in two years prior to my arrival. I don't claim the wins this year but it does tell you something of their capacity to coach the kids and this game.

Number 4 - Placating...Where did I come up with that word? The head coach placates to those who he thought would help this team. They quit on us game after game. Need a big play that you thought he would come up with? No, we got the same effort seen in a practice or other circumstance that was not going their way.

Number 5 - Running an ineffective offense. The offense never scored more than three touchdowns. Most were two touchdown games. Some were single touchdown games and we endured one shutout. We had about 30 plays when we only needed a maximum of 10 effective plays. Instead of working to seal off the line to run effectively on a minute number of plays we "kept at it" attempting to correct singular problems amongst a massive amount of plays.

Number 6 - Defense...As you know the majority of little league is run "iron man". They play both side of the ball. There is only so much time to practice. With offense dominating the practice time we could only run a blitzing defense. We could never train kids to read and react. We had one kid that was easily trained to play the middle linebacker and after that there was nothing else. Every other inside player blitzed through a gap. Towards the end of the year I was ashamed of myself for letting the entire year go without teaching another player to "read" at the linebacker position.

I could go on but I'm tired of typing.

Sure this is only 10 and 11 year olds and sure you only have 16,17, and 18 year olds......

But fundamentally the problems stay the same up the ranks.

The buck stops in one place. You guys just don't get fired as much because you are teachers.

At the pro level it's the price you pay. If Wanny doesn't want the pressure of an uninformed fanbase he can always use his degree to teach and coach a high school football team for 75,000 dollars in South Carolina. Sam Wyche could use the company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom