Dave to resign today? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dave to resign today?

i was not the one who made any personal attacks on the coaching staff...the person who made a comment that you did not like apologized twice man.

our coaching staff sucks...that's my opinion. i love the dolphins and i'll support them and cheer for them every game. but i'm still suprised that you don't see how part of the blame should fall on Wanny.

he can't coach.

look at what good coaches can do...Bill in Dallas, Vermiel in Kansas City (I did not want to use D**k, and Bill in New England, Jeff in Tenn...I can go on and on. This team has talant but the coaching staff is not cutting it.

ya, i agree some of the blame needs to fall on the players but maybe getting rid of Wanny is a good starting point...a clean slate and it should begin with the HC...my opinion.

i know you are frustrated...so am i. but finger pointing...dude like our finger pointing is going to hurt wanny's feelings...he does not give a rats a$$ about me or you.

please man give me a break.

i know you're frustrated and maybe blaming people is not the answer but its a good way to vent...

GO FINS!!!

Originally posted by inFINSible
Mike, I know what you're saying and you know normally I'm behind you 100% but, being that we can't fire the whole team, I can certainly understand why the heat is on Wannstedt. And really, I know this is just my opinion but, if you saw the press conference today like i did, you probably would have the same opinion, it was that obvious that he doesn't have any answers whatsoever and he doesn't have the heart to blame them when the time has come to finally do that. If he gets on them in meetings or not, you're right I don't know but, if he has been doing that all along, then it's time to try something else, wouldn't you agree? It's time to shake some things up and he is giving the same old speech.

I'm always for upgrading anywhere we can as an organization.

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

I'm always for upgrading anywhere we can as an organization.

Me too.

The only good I can see possibly coming out of this heat that Wanny is taking now, is maybe it might wake the players up to the fact that they have a guy that will go down in flames before he embarrasses any of them publicly and they'll realize how rare and honorable that is. Then maybe they'll do anything they can not to embarrass him further.

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
i was not the one who made any personal attacks on the coaching staff...the person who made a comment that you did not like apologized twice man.

our coaching staff sucks...that's my opinion. i love the dolphins and i'll support them and cheer for them every game. but i'm still suprised that you don't see how part of the blame should fall on Wanny.

he can't coach.

look at what good coaches can do...Bill in Dallas, Vermiel in Kansas City (I did not want to use D**k, and Bill in New England, Jeff in Tenn...I can go on and on. This team has talant but the coaching staff is not cutting it.

ya, i agree some of the blame needs to fall on the players but maybe getting rid of Wanny is a good starting point...a clean slate and it should begin with the HC...my opinion.

i know you are frustrated...so am i. but finger pointing...dude like our finger pointing is going to hurt wanny's feelings...he does not give a rats a$$ about me or you.

i know you're frustrated and maybe blaming people is not the answer but its a good way to vent...

GO FINS!!!

OK...Point by POINT:

D-Mike:
I was speaking in terms of this MB in general. There have been several personal attacks on the Coaching staff.

he can't coach.

D-Mike:
Ok...it is your opinion that our coaching staff sucks. Great. What professional training do you have in evaluating a Football coaching staff? Seriously? If it's just an uneducated opinion lets call it that. Have you ever had a paid position in the sport of football? Have you ever attended a clinic where professional coaches teach? Have you ever had any tie to a professional football organization where you were trained? If not, then you have an uneducated opinion. Obviously others in the Pro ranks disagree with your opinion. Wasnt Wanny once NFC Coach of the year? Hasn't he won some big games other places? The same is true of the rest of our staff.
I think most the professional ranks disagree with your assessment of this coaching staff in terms of "he" or "they" can't coach. They have one of all professional sports best jobs. They are paid lots of money to speak at coaches clinics each year.
- They have Super bowl wins (more than 1),
- they have National Championships, yet they "can't coach". Sorry, I'm not buying it. The only question in my mind is in regard to Wanny's motivational skills. I have no knowledge of that particular skill or lack thereof on his part. If Pro players need a HC that is a cheer leader to be motivated then are they really Pro's? Not any more than a coach would be with a lack of those skills IMO.

BTW - I have never said Wanny shouldn't have any blame. Thats an assumption on your part. I do think the bigger problem though is the players. No coach could coach us to victory if we don't block, tackle, catch and protect the ball. PERIOD. Thats all controlled by the players. Are our players in position to make plays? YES they are.....do they make plays...no they do not. Is that the HC's fault for not motivating them? I don't think so.

D-Mike:
I'd love to have any of those guys...are they available? I didn't see anyone on your list that is available now or will be later.

D-Mike:
I agree, it could be a fresh start, and like indifensible said, you can't fire all the players......so it could be a good move. But that doesn't mean the staff can't coach or that we are qualified to judge that. Like I said, they have all won at the highest level in the Pro's and in College, what have we done?

D-Mike:
Fair enough. I'll give you a break Sal. But venting with an uneducated perspective is subject to scrutiny. These guys have been coaching longer than you've been a fan. They have a proven background in their profession. Keep that in mind when you say "they can't coach". Afterall, how many meetings have you attended. How many private conferences with players have you heard these guys coach up the players. How many film sessions have you sat in on and seen how they coach up players that have screwed up? How many times have you made note of the technique they teach? How many times have you watched them teach that same technique?

Venting and FINGER POINTING are not the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
As Zach Thomas pointed out earlier this year

Me too.

The only good I can see possibly coming out of this heat that Wanny is taking now, is maybe it might wake the players up to the fact that they have a guy that will go down in flames before he embarrasses any of them publicly and they'll realize how rare and honorable that is. Then maybe they'll do anything they can not to embarrass him further.

Players in the NFl don't respond to that "we have to play harder to save the coach's job" crap. Their responsibilty is to themselves and their family first, everything else is secondary. Different coaches have different philosphies, eventually they wear out. It's starting so seem like the players aren't buying into wanny's tactics. When you have players starting to speak out in the media against the coach and teamates, you can only imagine what's going on behind closed doors and the result is never good.

Some of us sound like whining little girls. I fail to believe with seven games left in the season that my mighty Dolphins are done. I maybe in the minority but I still believe we have time to put it all together..

The players obviously aren't worried about embarassing themselves or maybe they would tackle, block, run, throw, and catch more effectively.

I admit my theory is born out of desperation but, it's the only possible step between status quo and firing the coach. And I would really like to see Wannstedt succede rather than get fired, even though I think the latter may be inevitable at this point.

It's just hope, rah, nothing more. :(

i don't need to be in meetings and see what our coaching staff is doing. an uneducated guess...okay just watch the fins play and that is all you need to see...i don't need to be there to witness the gameplan and so and so...these players are not playing well and the coaching staff is part of the blame...and i don't like wanny he needs to go...what is your educated reasoning for NOT blaming the coaches...maybe the missed tackles and dropped balls and missed field goals in partly due b/c wanny does not prepare his team.

wanny shows no damn confidence...ever. he's on the sideline and looks like a basket case...it always looks like he's got no clue.

no confindence rubs off onto the players which = miscues and losses...how about that for an educated guess!!!

the coaching staff is not cutting it.

To be PC D-Mike

It's unfair to say wanny can't coach, however one can say he doesn't coach well.

There are tell tale signs to a well coached team. Things like less penalties, not making the same mistakes consistantly, solid game planning. It's unfair to blame just wanny and not the rest of the coaching staff, as well as it's unfair to not put some of the accountabilty on the players as well. However this thread is about DW, there's several other threads out there, on JF, RW, BG, Tony Wise, Norv, the Defense, and the o-line.

I wouldn't want a coaching change in the middle of the year, becasue that's basically conceding that the season is over and we're only 5-4, however I do think DW should be fired in the offseason, becasue this team has gone as far as it's going to go, and it needs new direction.

What coach will that be? Who knows??? However I know the MD HC job is a coveted job that most coaches would love to have. Simply for the history, prestige and the glory of being the One coach to Bring Maimi back to greatness.

I feel you

The players obviously aren't worried about embarassing themselves or maybe they would tackle, block, run, throw, and catch more effectively.

I admit my theory is born out of desperation but, it's the only possible step between status quo and firing the coach. And I would really like to see Wannstedt succede rather than get fired, even though I think the latter may be inevitable at this point.

It's just hope, rah, nothing more. :(

I wan't the fins to win this year, not next not the year after, but this year! I havent written the fins off. I actually mentioned in another thread that it's possible that we could run the table, considering our remaining schedule, with NE being our toughest opponent. I was more dissapointed in the same Rhetoric that DW spewed today. Hell, repremand his players, make some changes, shake something up. Do something. That's all I want is to win, and Changing captians midstreams makes that virtually impossible.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Not only has the ****sucker

Read the title of the post. He called Wanny a <profanity removed>.

Dave to resign today? quote:

WFOR Channel 4 in MIami is reporting that Dave W will step down as Head Coach of the Dolphins on Monday, and that Norv Turner will be name intern Head Coach.

(from e-mail discussion group)

And where is this??? If you mean something other than the title or first post, then say so. Why is "profanity" removed anyway?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Are you serious?????

I'm simply venting my frustrations with people that are venting about problems they don't understand. BTW - Ignorant means uninformed. Placing blame on someone without fully understanding the situation is ignorant and is just FINGER POINTING. I'm not calling you an ignorant person. I'm saying what your doing is ignorant FINGER POINTING. You don't have to be an authority on anything to understand that fact.

I'm just wondering here, but are you related To Wannstedt??
How do you know that people don't understand? We all know that wannstedt doesn't understand. Maybe "fingerpointing" is simply telling it like it is. i caught alot of grief last yr about this and now the majority has seen "the light". What will it take for you to as well, hmm?

Originally posted by ARealFinsFan
This is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now we have "Dolphins Fans" calling Dave vulgar names!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is great, when do the death threats start?

BTW, how bought that ****in' asshole Ricky going to hit a ****in' hole for once?

Where is ALL this vulgar stuff at? i ain't seen it yet!
Maybe there is too much censorship around here, makes me wonder!

But in answer to your question, Ricky will hit the hole when one is ****in' opened for him!! How about that!! :yell: :yell:

Re: To be PC D-Mike

Originally posted by rhadaddy
It's unfair to say wanny can't coach, however one can say he doesn't coach well.

There are tell tale signs to a well coached team. Things like less penalties, not making the same mistakes consistantly, solid game planning. It's unfair to blame just wanny and not the rest of the coaching staff, as well as it's unfair to not put some of the accountabilty on the players as well. However this thread is about DW, there's several other threads out there, on JF, RW, BG, Tony Wise, Norv, the Defense, and the o-line.

I wouldn't want a coaching change in the middle of the year, becasue that's basically conceding that the season is over and we're only 5-4, however I do think DW should be fired in the offseason, becasue this team has gone as far as it's going to go, and it needs new direction.

What coach will that be? Who knows??? However I know the MD HC job is a coveted job that most coaches would love to have. Simply for the history, prestige and the glory of being the One coach to Bring Maimi back to greatness.

I agree

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Are you serious?????

Originally posted by DeDolfan

I'm just wondering here, but are you related To Wannstedt??
How do you know that people don't understand? We all know that wannstedt doesn't understand. Maybe "fingerpointing" is simply telling it like it is. i caught alot of grief last yr about this and now the majority has seen "the light". What will it take for you to as well, hmm?

Oh, so you were advanced for your time huh? Sure you were.

Go back and actually read the thread if you are going to post a question on it. If you don't get your questions answered come back and see me and I'll explain it to you.

We don't "All know" or all agree. You caught grief last year because you were speaking about something you don't have a full understanding of.....in other words you were ignorant of the situation. Just because there are more people that agree with you now doesn't change that fact a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom