David Beckham to sign with MLS L.A. Galaxy | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

David Beckham to sign with MLS L.A. Galaxy

Comon, Davids a big name ? Maybe 10 years ago but the poor fellow should have retired in 2004. He was only brought on by Jol (free transfer) for leadership which, to his credit he has provided for a young Spurs team. But he doesn't have the pace or passing ability anymore to be considered a 'big name'. Honestly, the MLS looks more like the new Qatar than anything else to me.

Well see I remember him having a nice season with Barcelona two years ago, so I thought he was still capable of playing.

Comon, Davids a big name ? Maybe 10 years ago but the poor fellow should have retired in 2004. He was only brought on by Jol (free transfer) for leadership which, to his credit he has provided for a young Spurs team. But he doesn't have the pace or passing ability anymore to be considered a 'big name'. Honestly, the MLS looks more like the new Qatar than anything else to me.

But remember he's not going to be playing anywhere near talent level that he played against in Europe....He's excellent in publicity....think about it,you ask anyone in the US to name 5 soccer players i garentee that Beckham is in that 5 more then 95% of then time.

Last week, one of the world's most well known soccer players signed a contract to play for Major League Soccer's Los Angeles Galaxy. This was said to be a move that would further appreciation for soccer in the US.

According to various reports, The Game recently reacted to this by claiming he would "kick his ***." Although he did admit Beckham was a "pretty good" player, he also claimed he would end the match quickly.

"I'd kick David Beckham's *** on any given day. I'd just pick the ball up and kick the s*** out of the stadium, game over," he reportedly said.

Never mind that picking the ball up is against Soccer rules...

The Game is also facing heat from the WWE. According to ProWrestling.com, the rapper recently claimed he would be willing to fight wrestler Triple H over the rights to the name The Game.

"The Game claims he has used the name longer; however Triple H has been associated with the name since the summer of 1999," the site recently noted.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news

Watch out Becks....:lol: ...Yeah right

Back
Top Bottom