David Canter talks about Dolphins on Finsradio | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

David Canter talks about Dolphins on Finsradio

ncmedic5

Scout Team
Reaction score
If you haven't listened to the show you should. NFL Agent David Canter calls in and talks about the Dolphins. Everything from Randy Starks future and his own client Paul Solia but also Jeff Ireland and Joe Philbin.

GREAT INFO HERE.

http://wwwblogtalkradio.com/finsradio

Canter said Starks will not return and Soliai wants to get paid and will only return if the money is right. He also hinted that Philbin was not Ireland's choice and got stuck with him. He also said that Aponte controlled the purse strings and was pretty much serving as the de facto general manager last year. Canter also ripped Mike Dee and Tom Garfinkle for being baseball guys who are clueless about football and South Florida. He also talked about a conversation he had with Parcells in which he admitted that he thought Ross was a clown and wanted no part of him or his orange carpet.

Canter is the most unprofessional man ive ever seen

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe, maybe not. But according to the cliff notes, he's saying what i've seen alot of Dolphans on here say.

no maybe about iit, the things he says on twitter are unbelievable for someone thats supposed to have a professional relationship with the teams involved

You ever hear Drew Rosenhaus running his mouth about those he has to work with? Thought not.

Last edited by a moderator:
no maybe about iit, the things he says on twitter are unbelieve for someone thats supposed to have a professional relationship with the teams involved

You ever hear Drew Rosenhaus running his mouth about those he has to work with? Thought not.

Just because i haven't seen Rosenhaus say anything, doesn't mean he doesn't think it. Perhaps Canter's just being bold enough to say what he and the rest of them think.

Just because i haven't seen Rosenhaus say anything, doesn't mean he doesn't think it. Perhaps Canter's just being bold enough to say what he and the rest of them think.

everyone thinks things, being professional is having the common sense to keep it to yourself or at least in private.

I keep wondering how many of the "old guard" that Joe and Hickey will want back. We keep talking of bringing that guy or that guy "back". Maybe Joe and Hickey are going to look elsewhere for help. It is not as if this is a 12-4 football team each year.

I DO think some of the FA's are good football players however.

Canter said Starks will not return and Soliai wants to get paid and will only return if the money is right. He also hinted that Philbin was not Ireland's choice and got stuck with him. He also said that Aponte controlled the purse strings and was pretty much serving as the de facto general manager last year. Canter also ripped Mike Dee and Tom Garfinkle for being baseball guys who are clueless about football and South Florida. He also talked about a conversation he had with Parcells in which he admitted that he thought Ross was a clown and wanted no part of him or his orange carpet.

I always dread these threads where there's nothing but a link. I don't always want to click on a link or watch a video, for one thing, and for another, I'd very much like to hear the OP's opinion on the subject he felt compelled to post about. Thanks for giving us a synopsis. :up:

It's distressing that our D is starting to break down, and we may lose a quality player like Starks. Soliai will definitely get paid, because any team will take him in a millisecond. Cantor was always very pro-Ireland, so I'm not surprised at the comments, but as far as Aponte controlling the purse, we were in good shape so I don't see why that would hinder Ireland. He also had the finances worked out for Branden Albert, for example, it was just draft choices holding up that pick. The Philbin thing, I tend to agree with. I don't see how he can be anybody's first choice as coach.

no maybe about iit, the things he says on twitter are unbelieve for someone thats supposed to have a professional relationship with the teams involved

Drew smashed the Dolphins a couple years back and was real unpopular around these parts when he did.

Possible departure of Starks and Soliai leaves a pretty big hole (around 650 lbs to be precise), but it would also free up some very big $ to spend on maybe a bigger name. Remember Starks had the Franchise Tag last season and was paid ($10M?). More important to try to lock up Odrick for the future, he made good progress last season. I am more inclined to keep Soliai because monster DTs that stuff the run are hard to find. But he's not worth a ridiculously large amount. Offer a fair market rate but don't overpay, put the money elsewhere.

I always dread these threads where there's nothing but a link. I don't always want to click on a link or watch a video, for one thing, and for another, I'd very much like to hear the OP's opinion on the subject he felt compelled to post about. Thanks for giving us a synopsis. :up:

It's distressing that our D is starting to break down, and we may lose a quality player like Starks. Soliai will definitely get paid, because any team will take him in a millisecond. Cantor was always very pro-Ireland, so I'm not surprised at the comments, but as far as Aponte controlling the purse, we were in good shape so I don't see why that would hinder Ireland. He also had the finances worked out for Branden Albert, for example, it was just draft choices holding up that pick. The Philbin thing, I tend to agree with. I don't see how he can be anybody's first choice as coach.

The loss of Starks doesn't bother me in the slightest, Odrick is just as good if not an upgrade.

I posted the link because it's my show and if you listen then my numbers go up and we are trying to build the listener base. which is why I didn't post a "cliff note". :) Last week we had Seth Levit of the Jason Taylor Foundation, AJ Francis, and Sam Madision on. If you want to listen to those three you can click on the original link and then go to the previous show.

Possible departure of Starks and Soliai leaves a pretty big hole (around 650 lbs to be precise), but it would also free up some very big $ to spend on maybe a bigger name. Remember Starks had the Franchise Tag last season and was paid ($10M?). More important to try to lock up Odrick for the future, he made good progress last season. I am more inclined to keep Soliai because monster DTs that stuff the run are hard to find. But he's not worth a ridiculously large amount. Offer a fair market rate but don't overpay, put the money elsewhere.

Letting Soliai and Starks walk pretty much means we are going to have a drop off at least in one position. Doesn't that put more reliance on Wheeler and Ellerbe?

Sometimes not paying a key guy who is covering up weaknesses is equivalent to inadvertently pulling out the keystone.

Also, understanding Odrick is Starks replacement, we still create 2 positional holes to fill through the draft and free agency with unknowns. With all of the other holes we must fill, I don't think we can replace all of these starting positions with quality and quantity without affecting the overall effectiveness of both units.

I fear letting Soliai walk creates a domino effect that makes us start taking resources away from problems that obviously need attention by creating problems in areas we already have solutions.

I worry creating problems along the strongest unit of our team will undermine our entire defense. Shifting the trenches back into our LBs and DBs is not a direction we want to go. Starks and Soliai are the probably the two linchpins to everything we do on defense. Clogging the middle and forcing the pocket back into the QB makes everyone else's impact possible. Our edge pressure is made possible by the stonewall in the front.

Not addressing our OL was last year's undermining. Not addressing the interior DL will be this years.

Back
Top Bottom