David Canter talks about Dolphins on Finsradio | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

David Canter talks about Dolphins on Finsradio

I posted the link because it's my show and if you listen then my numbers go up and we are trying to build the listener base. which is why I didn't post a "cliff note". :) Last week we had Seth Levit of the Jason Taylor Foundation, AJ Francis, and Sam Madision on. If you want to listen to those three you can click on the original link and then go to the previous show.

I used to be a listener. I'll be honest, the reason I left was that some of the people who were and maybe still are on the show have very limited knowledge. I remember one show where I had a whole page of inaccuracies written down, where the hosts were using incorrect player names, associating rumors with wrong teams, etc... I was literally screaming at the screen by the end because those types of things are my pet peeves, and are why I just couldn't listen anymore. Maybe it's gotten better. If not, that's what I'd recommend working on so you can maintain your listener base and expand.

Also, the link in your OP isn't working, you forgot the . after www.

Is this the same agent that ranted on twitter earlier this year about the offer the Phins made to Soliai?

In the end this guy is going to hurt his client more then help him...

When I want an accurate and equitable overview of an NFL organization, I will always consult a sports agent :rolleyes2:

no maybe about iit, the things he says on twitter are unbelievable for someone thats supposed to have a professional relationship with the teams involved

You ever hear Drew Rosenhaus running his mouth about those he has to work with? Thought not.

It's worth pointing out that Drew has almost always tried to say nice things about the Dolphins. Sometimes even when it was obviously ridiculous for him to say nice things about the Dolphins.

And that Drew's guys almost always get paid by the Dolphins.

Drew is a smart man.

Here is a view of his most recent tweets

Couple of things....he uses bro way too much

He said there are plenty of jokers running front offices

I have to think the guy is doing a disservice to his clients

Tweets
David Canter ‏@davidcanter 31m
@PhinManiacs yes but the caveat to that is not toying around this year. Won't be back and forth. Come strong or don't come at all
View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More

David Canter ‏@davidcanter 32m
@PhinManiacs @SullyBurger8 lm an equal opportunity basher. Plenty of jokers running front offices league wide
View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More

David Canter ‏@davidcanter 12h
“@jaredv87: @davidcanter Thanks for being awesome, bro. Keep up the great work.” <thanks for your support
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
David Canter ‏@davidcanter 13h
“@BrianCat13: There is no limit to how real @davidcanter keeps it.” <I'll never change. Thanks bro
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

David Canter ‏@davidcanter 13h
@Dulaney1313 @cover32_MIA don't worry we won't
View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite Mor

I'd say definitely. Trying to negotiate in the media is a big no-no for many GMs.

In an earlier tweet he runs his mouth about Cleveland...

It is one thing if he is asked about the process (and most would simply answer that he is working on the best deal for his client)

Cantor seeks out the media to give his two cents and when no one will listen, he takes to his twitter account.

When teams are unwilling to work with him and he begin to lose clients, maybe he will learn to keep his thoughts to himself.

Solai is only as good as he his healthy. While his weight can help him hold the point of attack, it can also lead to him struggling with perpetual knee and ankle soreness causing a lack of mobility.

Feels good to talk about actual football topics again. Anywhoo, I have posted this many times and will again here. Letting both Starks and Soliai walk IMO is a good thing. They both want big money and even though they both have good talent, we could put Francis at DT with Odrick and be just as good. I say this because of the potential Francis showed and his size which is 6'5 315lbs. Also we say a lot of money we can devote to other areas. Then maybe draft a DT for depth or sign a FA at a good price for us. We need to allocate money to OL this year and go after two or three guys.

Feels good to talk about actual football topics again. Anywhoo, I have posted this many times and will again here. Letting both Starks and Soliai walk IMO is a good thing. They both want big money and even though they both have good talent, we could put Francis at DT with Odrick and be just as good. I say this because of the potential Francis showed and his size which is 6'5 315lbs. Also we say a lot of money we can devote to other areas. Then maybe draft a DT for depth or sign a FA at a good price for us. We need to allocate money to OL this year and go after two or three guys.

Middle penetration was a big issue on both sides of the ball and the Dolphins would be better served by having guys who can push up-field preventing the QB from simply stepping up to avoid Wake/Jordan/Vernon on the outside.

he's right about those baseball guys in the front office...never understood that

Potential alone doesn't make him equal to 2 bonafide good players. Smh

Let starks walk. Save the cap.

But if you do this you must ensure that 1)Soliai stays at ALL COSTS and that 2)Francis is on this 53 for good, no more sneaking him under the radar and letting him fall into the clutches of Evil like last year. His pingponging between franchises and PS's are done.

Back
Top Bottom