dawn aponte is a boss. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

dawn aponte is a boss.

Replaceable, affordable/replaceable, re-sign, probably gone/replaceable, re-sign unless he demands #1 Center money then replaceable, replaceable. Not concerned.

I agree with all but Vernon. I think he's going to be a special player for MIAMI for a long time. Next to Suh now, the sky's the limit. Vernon and Wake will be salivating 3rd and long.

Also like the aspect of him being a South Florida kid.

Those are some weird numbers. They must have very specific plans for the future.

Those #'s scare me to death.

The biggest hits will be when we need cap for Tannehill... if we keep him.

This looks to me like there might be doubt about QB after '15.

I want him here and I want the Tannehill-bashers with their agenda to SHUT UP and GO AWAY. I am afraid we are adding fuel to the fire.

I agree with all but Vernon. I think he's going to be a special player for MIAMI for a long time. Next to Suh now, the sky's the limit. Vernon and Wake will be salivating 3rd and long.

Also like the aspect of him being a South Florida kid.

I'd like to keep Vernon, but if he demands top dollar, he certainly hasn't proven worthy of it yet. What he provides at this point can be found in the draft and FA pretty readily, so I'm not overly concerned about him. I have no regional loyalty, so that certainly isn't a concern for me.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Those #'s scare me to death.

The biggest hits will be when we need cap for Tannehill... if we keep him.

This looks to me like there might be doubt about QB after '15.

i want him here and I want the Tannehill-bashers with their agenda to SHUT UP and GO AWAY. I am afraid we are adding fuel to the fire.

If we re-sign him next year, what makes you think they won't use a similar structure where there is minimal hit in year one (Suh's year two)? Seems to me that re-signing Tannehill is exactly what they are planning for.

I'd like to keep Vernon, but if he demands top dollar, he certainly hasn't proven worthy of it yet. What he provides at this point can be found in the draft and FA pretty readily, so I'm not overly concerned about him. I have no regional loyalty, so that certainly isn't a concern for me.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

If we re-sign him next year, what makes you think they won't use a similar structure where there is minimal hit in year one (Suh's year two)? Seems to me that re-signing Tannehill is exactly what they are planning for.

^^ this. They have a plan in place. They can get tannehill done next year even with suh

I'd like to keep Vernon, but if he demands top dollar, he certainly hasn't proven worthy of it yet. What he provides at this point can be found in the draft and FA pretty readily, so I'm not overly concerned about him.

You don't just find a guy off the street that can put up double digit sacks. Wake has two years left, tops, and then Vernon is the future. You certainly don't put yourself in a position where you have to find two top flight 4-3 DEs in the draft and/or free agency.

It does reduce their leverage though. They can't really afford to pick up that 15 mil one year option. If the options now are reduced to either cutting him or signing him to an extension I don't know why they wouldn't give him a new deal before this season.

You don't just find a guy off the street that can put up double digit sacks. Wake has two years left, tops, and then Vernon is the future. You certainly don't put yourself in a position where you have to find two top flight 4-3 DEs in the draft and/or free agency.

Like I said, I'd prefer to keep him, but I don't think he deserves top DE money, even with that one year of 10+ sacks. I feel he's replaceable, particularly through the draft, and I fully expect us do draft another pass rusher this year to groom for replacing at least one of them.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

It does reduce their leverage though. They can't really afford to pick up that 15 mil one year option. If the options now are reduced to either cutting him or signing him to an extension I don't know why they wouldn't give him a new deal before this season.

Because they want to make sure last year was anomaly and not a sign of inconsistent play.

you can cut him before 2020 season with no cap hit. it is essentially a 5 year deal

Back
Top Bottom