Day 4 Training Camp Tweets HERE! | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day 4 Training Camp Tweets HERE!

IMO, by reading the comments here, people are sleeping big time on Robert Foster. He will absolutely take Preston William’s spot if the latter doesn’t show up in camp. Foster also plays special teams, something that, if I recall, Williams has not done.

Here are some highlights of his time on Buffalo, by the way.

Keep him

Agree. Hollins may be as well. IMHO, PW is on the outside looking in.
Hollins is a body catcher if we saw it in games then the brass has certainly seen it

Foster has done more in limited action

Williams isn’t playing he has to play to keep his spot otherwise stash him on the IR for a go next year

I suppose they could, the question is how likely.

Of all the 7 guys you mentioned, I don't see any as clearly above the others by a large margin.

As others point out regularly, that final spot(s) usually come down to ST value.

It also may come down to what the staffs sees as the best combination of skillsets, and how they fit within the offensive scheme, rather than the solely the individual.

I actually like Williams. He has done some impressive things in limited snaps. He has also had his share of drops that can't be ignored.

To me, he's on the "bubble", and when bubble guys aren't available to practice, it doesn't bode well for them.

That's just being realistic, and has nothing to do with like/dislike of the individual player.
The difference is Williams is top 6, and none of those other guys are.

So Foster has to contend with that group, prior to being a threat to Williams spot.

And I think williams is head and shoulders above hurns, grant, hollins, merritt, perry, bowden, and it isn't close.

Hollins is a body catcher if we saw it in games then the brass has certainly seen it

Williams isn’t playing he has to play to keep his spot otherwise stash him on the IR for a go next year
Plus IR is only 3 weeks (minimum) again, with no limit on how many players can be put on and taken off.

I will admit I slept on Foster to this point. I'm not saying he is a lock and always had him fighting for the last WR spot. However, I definitely think he has a leg up at least at this moment.

I have no idea who will make the last fee WR spots (or any position). The problem I have is Flo will probably want a variety of receiver types, the last spot or two will likely be focused on ST, and the reports we get tend to focus on plays where a particular receiver is targeted - not what he does when he's not targeted (e.g., blocking). I think there's general (justified) confidence on the top 3-4. The debate on the rest of them is restricted because we can't see it all.

I really think we're going to regret not signing a better backup QB. I hope Tua can play all 17 games because if not we may be screwed. We should have signed Trubisky but instead settled for Brissett who absolutely stinks!
Our present backup quarterback is the type that you expect to "manage" the game and not lose the game to a turnover or mistake. In that model he can be very effective, you just can't expect him to carry the whole offense like you would a franchise quarterback. Earl Morall was very similar Bissett in this way he played over 50% of the games during the undefeated season.

I have no idea who will make the last fee WR spots (or any position). The problem I have is Flo will probably want a variety of receiver types, the last spot or two will likely be focused on ST, and the reports we get tend to focus on plays where a particular receiver is targeted - not what he does when he's not targeted (e.g., blocking). I think there's general (justified) confidence on the top 3-4. The debate on the rest of them is restricted because we can't see it all.
good points Wilson

I definitely agree that the last WR spot is going to come down to ST contributions

Preston Williams will staY on PUP list as his recovery could be long plus he cant make team without significant practice time. Don't count him in 53 man roster.
DVP
Waddle
Fuller
Wilson
Are most likely on roster right now. Fuller misses first game so 7 WR will be on roster for first game

Preston Williams will staY on PUP list as his recovery could be long plus he cant make team without significant practice time. Don't count him in 53 man roster.
DVP
Waddle
Fuller
Wilson
Are most likely on roster right now. Fuller misses first game so 7 WR will be on roster for first game
PUP is 6 weeks out, IR is 3 weeks out, so they may switch him if he isn't ready week 1.

Well, so far in THIS PRE-SEASON...

1. When you read about what happened at each practice, everyone else will write about great plays Tua made, while Omar seems to miss talking about them.

2. Then of the ones he does talk about, instead of phrasing Tua just made a great throw to so and so, he will phrase it so and so just made a great play on a passTua threw.

Now I can see him talking about the receiver making a great play more then Tua making a great throw If that's how it honestly looked to him, but when everyone elses phrase is Tua making a great play, except Omar, maybe something is off on what Omar saw, or is telling the people.

3. Then there us the famous continued back handed compliments that Omar is known for, in each practice he has covered, he has had plenty of instances where he made sure a play everyone is raving about, he adds...It was a bit behind the receiver, or he took a bit too long, or that pass might have gotten so and so killed in a real game.

4. Finally all those things up there would be fine if he honestly was giving his opinion, if not when Brissett makes a bad play, nothing from Omar, all the passes from Brissett are perfectly placed, and always on time according to Omar.

It's what he does, he always finds a favorite, and instead of just giving an unbiased narrative of what happened, his favorite can do no wrong, while the player his fav is competing with can rarely do anything right....It's what Omar does.

When everyone else writes a different story to what Omar saw, or missed talking about, there may be another case of Omar being bias again.
Omar explicitly stated he won't report on QBs. He literally says follow other people for that because he hates talking about them.

Parker
Waddle
Fuller
Wilson
Foster
Grant or Williams
That’s about how I see it also. If Foster plays all of training camp reasonably well, Williams will be fighting for that 6th spot and it’ll come down to whether it’ll be worth keeping him on IR or PUP for the beginning of the season as opposed to someone like Grant. I can see him making the team over Grant, Hurns, Ford and the like, though. I doubt they’ll keep 7 WR’s, but we’ll see.

Hollins is the best ST player we have.

Back
Top Bottom