Day 4 Training Camp Tweets HERE! | Page 48 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day 4 Training Camp Tweets HERE!

Hollins is the best ST player we have.
I would prefer WRs to throw who can be counted on to suit up and make a catch to a ST position

As far as Punting Goes I don’t want to see a lot of it I kno coaches won’t

As far as receiving punts Merritt is replaceable as a blocker a non factor

I mean replacing a ST ace over your core WRs is a non issue for me

I would prefer WRs to throw who can be counted on to suit up and make a catch to a ST position

As far as Punting Goes I don’t want to see a lot of it I kno coaches won’t

As far as receiving punts Merritt is replaceable as a blocker a non factor

I mean replacing a ST ace over your core WRs is a non issue for me

If it were a ST ace vs a WR ace, I'd agree. If it becomes 'I'm struggling between two guys who may be at their ceilings, but one is an ST ace,' that's an easy decision

Well, so far in THIS PRE-SEASON...

1. When you read about what happened at each practice, everyone else will write about great plays Tua made, while Omar seems to miss talking about them.

2. Then of the ones he does talk about, instead of phrasing Tua just made a great throw to so and so, he will phrase it so and so just made a great play on a passTua threw.

Now I can see him talking about the receiver making a great play more then Tua making a great throw If that's how it honestly looked to him, but when everyone elses phrase is Tua making a great play, except Omar, maybe something is off on what Omar saw, or is telling the people.

3. Then there us the famous continued back handed compliments that Omar is known for, in each practice he has covered, he has had plenty of instances where he made sure a play everyone is raving about, he adds...It was a bit behind the receiver, or he took a bit too long, or that pass might have gotten so and so killed in a real game.

4. Finally all those things up there would be fine if he honestly was giving his opinion, if not when Brissett makes a bad play, nothing from Omar, all the passes from Brissett are perfectly placed, and always on time according to Omar.

It's what he does, he always finds a favorite, and instead of just giving an unbiased narrative of what happened, his favorite can do no wrong, while the player his fav is competing with can rarely do anything right....It's what Omar does.

When everyone else writes a different story to what Omar saw, or missed talking about, there may be another case of Omar being bias again.

I'm not sure what you're reading but I've see numerous writings from Omar on Tua, and they've been positive. You guys get something in your heads and you won't let go. Omar cover the dolphins very well. Most of his stuff over the years have been quite accurate. I pay more attention to him than any other writer because I thinks he tells the truth. It's not always what you want to hear but it's pretty accurate. He's talked about line play for forever and he's been right. He said the D was good early last year and he was right. He'll talk about seeing improvement as the year goes by also and that's what we've seen, the team doesn't start off great and improve as the year goes by. So if the teams doesn't look complete right now, Omar is correct to report that. Whew!

He doesn't shy away from Tua, he gives a good assessment.

Omar tweets this week:

He understands:

I'm not sure what you're reading but I've see numerous writings from Omar on Tua, and they've been positive. You guys get something in your heads and you won't let go. Omar cover the dolphins very well. Most of his stuff over the years have been quite accurate. I pay more attention to him than any other writer because I thinks he tells the truth. It's not always what you want to hear but it's pretty accurate. He's talked about line play for forever and he's been right. He said the D was good early last year and he was right. He'll talk about seeing improvement as the year goes by also and that's what we've seen, the team doesn't start off great and improve as the year goes by. So if the teams doesn't look complete right now, Omar is correct to report that. Whew!

He doesn't shy away from Tua, he gives a good assessment.

Omar tweets this week:

He understands:

Congrats on finding the few times he has talked well about Tua, among the tons of ignoring, or backhanded compliments (Some of those are more praising Wilson, then Tua, by the way).

I will admit that he has been less Omar like in the last practice on Saturday and today, so let's see if he has changed.

If it were a ST ace vs a WR ace, I'd agree. If it becomes 'I'm struggling between two guys who may be at their ceilings, but one is an ST ace,' that's an easy decision
Sorry we are not talkin bout an ace - ST is a collective effort not that every part of football isn’t - someone can be coached up in that role

edit: if the ace is also a kicker holder long-snapper aside

Merritt likes contact but he is no Bennie Thompson

You can be assured that Fuller DVP will miss time based on their track records

PW do I need to say more?

We are thinner than many like to believe and am glad they picked Long over a RB this year

Last edited:
Congrats on finding the few times he has talked well about Tua, among the tons of ignoring, or backhanded compliments (Some of those are more praising Wilson, then Tua, by the way).

I will admit that he has been less Omar like in the last practice on Saturday and today, so let's see if he has changed.
I like his backhanded remarks, refreshing, there's a bunch more tweets about Tua, but that's enough to let people know he's ignoring Tua. Again, I find Omar refreshing, he's not all positive and he's not all negative, which makes it about right. I've going the most honest assessment of our team year after year from him. He also tells who's improved as the season goes by and I see what he's talking about on Sundays. I don't want a rah rah reporter, I want one that tells me what he sees to the best of his abilities. Based on Omar I feel better about Tua this year. I think the young man is growing into the position. I can only imagine what we would have done to Josh Allen in his first 2 years if he'd played for us. Tua has to develop also, and he seems to be doing so based on Omar. I can't wait for year 3, I hope he does really well this year and as Omar indicated show that first week explosion. When Omar says this is the best O in week 1 of camp he's seen, I take notice. If that's backhanded, then I take it.

I like his backhanded remarks, refreshing, there's a bunch more tweets about Tua, but that's enough to let people know he's ignoring Tua. Again, I find Omar refreshing, he's not all positive and he's not all negative, which makes it about right. I've going the most honest assessment of our team year after year from him. He also tells who's improved as the season goes by and I see what he's talking about on Sundays. I don't want a rah rah reporter, I want one that tells me what he sees to the best of his abilities. Based on Omar I feel better about Tua this year. I think the young man is growing into the position. I can only imagine what we would have done to Josh Allen in his first 2 years if he'd played for us. Tua has to develop also, and he seems to be doing so based on Omar. I can't wait for year 3, I hope he does really well this year and as Omar indicated show that first week explosion. When Omar says this is the best O in week 1 of camp he's seen, I take notice. If that's backhanded, then I take it.
I would not base anything on what Omar says. He has repeatedly proven himself to be clueless when it comes to any football observations. I don’t find him to be honest when it comes to his criticism. It too often seems based on an agenda generally related to what player is talking to him rather than what the player is doing.

I would not base anything on what Omar says. He has repeatedly proven himself to be clueless when it comes to any football observations. I don’t find him to be honest when it comes to his criticism. It too often seems based on an agenda generally related to what player is talking to him rather than what the player is doing.
I disagree, base on my previous comments. Omar has been right more than wrong over the years for me.

56, I'm willing to be patient and let the passing game develop but I think we're going to enjoy an immediate uptick in the entire offense. Where does it start? Is it the o-line? Tua? The receivers? The Rbs? For me it's the o-line. If they are not equal to the task we have real trouble. This iteration of the o-line better work or heads are going to roll down the Don Shula Expressway. I do think we have the right players in the right spots. Now they need time to gel and get used to each others strengths and weaknesses. They will be asked to get some push in the run game, they better or teams will jump on that. They will be asked to give Tua time to throw the ball. I'm pretty sure we'll be good there but push in the running game I'm waiting to see. I was watching Najee Harris in a Steeler uniform the other day. It makes me sick that we didn't get him. The kid is going to be a star, just not for us. Jaylon Phillips needs to be fantastic!!

edit: if the ace is also a kicker holder long-snapper aside

Merritt likes contact but he is no Bennie Thoson

You can be assured that Fuller DVP will miss time based on their track records

PW do I need to say more?

We are thinner than many like to believe and am glad they picked Long over a RB this year

We disagree

Back
Top Bottom