Day 4 Training Camp Tweets HERE! | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day 4 Training Camp Tweets HERE!

IMO, by reading the comments here, people are sleeping big time on Robert Foster. He will absolutely take Preston William’s spot if the latter doesn’t show up in camp. Foster also plays special teams, something that, if I recall, Williams has not done.

Here are some highlights of his time on Buffalo, by the way.

Agreed.

if you compare their rookie years, both udfa’s, but Fosters was a little better

I hope he makes the team. The only thing Preston has on him is size

Playing ST is gonna be big for him imo. As a backup wr, decent I guess. He’s a better athlete than PW imo. I think he’s been a gunner but we should see how he is as a returner too

Agreed.

if you compare their rookie years, both udfa’s, but Fosters was a little better

I hope he makes the team. The only thing Preston has on him is size

Playing ST is gonna be big for him imo. As a backup wr, decent I guess. He’s a better athlete than PW imo. I think he’s been a gunner but we should see how he is as a returner too
I’ve been mentioning Foster for a while. If he’s healthy, you cannot deny that production in 2018. He’s already 27 but could edge out Williams.

Others are healthy, PW is injury prone. One Mr. Glass in Parker is enough, dont need two. I can always count on Holland, Ford or Hurns to lineup and contribute. Can't trust PW. I am saying here , mark my word, PW is in bubble.

Consider it marked.

they can't both make the team?

if foster makes the team, Williams can't make the team?

doesn't foster have to get past Merritt, Perry, Hurns, Hollins, Ford, Grant, Bowden, before he is challenging Williams?
I suppose they could, the question is how likely.

Of all the 7 guys you mentioned, I don't see any as clearly above the others by a large margin.

As others point out regularly, that final spot(s) usually come down to ST value.

It also may come down to what the staffs sees as the best combination of skillsets, and how they fit within the offensive scheme, rather than the solely the individual.

I actually like Williams. He has done some impressive things in limited snaps. He has also had his share of drops that can't be ignored.

To me, he's on the "bubble", and when bubble guys aren't available to practice, it doesn't bode well for them.

That's just being realistic, and has nothing to do with like/dislike of the individual player.

Back
Top Bottom