DAY 5 Training Camp Report Tweets and Press Conference HERE | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DAY 5 Training Camp Report Tweets and Press Conference HERE

Miami annoys me when it comes to drafting OL, we have to do better. When evaluating OL don't our scouts what kind of habits these kids have. do they work out daily for example or check their meds. Miami needs to bring in an expert that knows how to draft OL.
This has been one of my biggest pet peeves. Once we went away from the Jake Long's and Richie Incognito's, it's been nothing but downhill. Look at all the busts and JAG's we've drafted (Dallas Thomas, Billy Turner, Juwan James, Jonathan Martin, Jamil Douglas, Solomon Kindley) Also, the jury is still out on Jackson and Hunt. Tunsil was good, but the return we got for him was way better. Eichenberg and hopefully Dieter are a step in the right direction but they need to nail it on a couple more OL selections in the draft, especially at LG. Apparently all of the OL evaluators that were here during the failed regimes of Philbin and Gase are still with the team unfortunately.

Media giving Tua too much attention when clearly Palardy is the upcoming star of this team.

No one should be surprised about Tua not throwing INTs in camp... Dude threw his first career INT on his 6th start and only 2 through 8 games played. This while being top 5 in difficult throws as a result of a receiving group that werent very good at creating SEP... Now he's in a practice environment throwing to high SEP type receivers in Waddle and Wilson, who are unsurprisingly shining in camp... This was just predictable.

And he doesnt have to worry about nursing that injury. His mind is 100% focused

Parker was held out by the training staff until today, was activated off the PUP, and was promptly catching TD from TT.

The rest was pretty much spot on (even having two different Fullers goofing off).

Its Fuller from Home Alone

Attachments

• Home-Alone-Fuller.jpg
    Home-Alone-Fuller.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 2
Not really. He was gushing over Garrard when most everybody else was being honest. Omar has never been honest. He just has players he likes or doesn't like based on how much they talk to him. It has never been about honest assessment.
Everybody was saying the same thing, then Garrard got hurt and never played so much as a preseason game.

Not sure how this qualifies as a gotcha.

I can’t wait to hear how you know about the athletics and route running?

I do kno that Hollins is a body catcher and that Long is an actual tight end with a 3rd rd investment

I say Long is a lock and that Hollins is in tough to even make the team
I am not saying that Hollins is taking Long's spot, I think long is a replacement for Smythe and that Hollins could be a replacement for Shaheen. Smythe is a FA after this season and I don't see us signing him to a long term contract.

This has been one of my biggest pet peeves. Once we went away from the Jake Long's and Richie Incognito's, it's been nothing but downhill. Look at all the busts and JAG's we've drafted (Dallas Thomas, Billy Turner, Juwan James, Jonathan Martin, Jamil Douglas, Solomon Kindley) Also, the jury is still out on Jackson and Hunt. Tunsil was good, but the return we got for him was way better. Eichenberg and hopefully Dieter are a step in the right direction but they need to nail it on a couple more OL selections in the draft, especially at LG. Apparently all of the OL evaluators that were here during the failed regimes of Philbin and Gase are still with the team unfortunately.
Actually, other than first round picks, every single OL we ever drafted under Grier has been a colossal bust. The biggest change bringing in Allen and McKenzie has been how we drafted OL the last two seasons… while the jury is still definitely out on these two classes, in the 10+ years drafting OL, we didn’t get ONE guy after the 1st round who had as much success as Solomon Kindley had for half a season last year - the kicker is he wasn’t even great, he was decent, but that’s how piss poor we have been in evaluation and development of OL “talent”.

Gonna happen league-wide.
It's also going to happen nation wide. The new Delta version passes from person to person faster than the original virus, but so far has been less lethal statistically.

Billy Turner, "Starting Tackle for the 2020 MVP" Billy Turner? Juwan James, "Highest Paid RT at Signing" Juwan James?

It isn't just draft misses. Our coaching has been abysmal. There's a reason why NE always had a good line no matter what because they had Dante Scarnecchia, except for the season he retired and their line fell apart, then he un-retired and they were good again. Weird.

Back
Top Bottom