DAY TWO Camp Reports HERE!!! | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DAY TWO Camp Reports HERE!!!

choice A) nothing

choice B) tweets about our guys in training camp running around and trying to get better and grow into a team
welcome-back-kotter-kotter.gif

I know and I'm not trying to put down the efforts of people posting here about camp......I guess I'm just jaded over years of reading too much into what happens in TC.....I'm ready for the real thing.
You haven't been jaded over what happens when the real thing gets here?

I love our coach! So much of what he says are things I believe in about player evaluation.

The stuff about why Williams is at C. I could care less if he's ever had a snap at C. It's all about traits. When the media or posters complain about how they should have signed a C, all I hear is "they don't understand player evaluation". It's never a guarantee, of course, but I see Williams as having perfect traits to be a top 5 C in this system. He'll need reps snapping. That's the part of the position that is very skill vs. talent based. But that part is just about repetition. For most talented OL, that's not something they can't figure out.

The part about Melvin Ingram and "production". So many times I read a post about sacks or some other simple measure of production. But football isn't a simple sport. With so many moving parts, an individual player can be doing something well, but not get the result of that simple number. Good evaluation is about isolating what that player is doing. For, example, it is more important to see what Ingram was doing on the plays, whether he was being disruptive, was he bothering the QB, etc., rather than just counting sacks. You keep doing those things and more often than not the simple number and even the wins will come. It's the same for every player. It's why I think McD believes in Tua. So much of what Tua has already shown is what successful QBs do. I get that the ultimate success and some simple numbers aren't there yet. But what he has already shown can do will most likely lead to the success we all want. IMO people that can't see that are just poor evaluators.

Even the part about having a bad result in a practice. Practice is about learning and getting better. When you're going up against other talented players you will lose sometimes. The important part is what did you learn? Are you less likely to lose that same way in the future? Did you get better? Reality is that we're going to over analyze every camp report. And if you're a negative person then it's easy to always find a loss with every success. Over reacting to every success or failure is not particularly insightful or beneficial. What matters is if you're improving. That's why I try to avoid reacting to the minute by minute analysis. It's about the progress made during camp.

Agree. Case in point, Ryan Jensen signed as a FA w/ Tampa and made the transition from Guard to Center

Adam Beasley says Tua struggled throwing deep today.
You in this thread.
Post#1- Bridgewater is getting more reps with first team.
Called out by others.
Post#2- walked back post#1
Post#3- Tua struggling.

It is like you have an agenda. (Pretty much your whole posting history was just summed up in these 3 posts).

confused jeff bridges GIF

The DB was going for the INT, they collided in the air

No! No! No! We don't need that crap to our *star* players. Especially without pads. The guy went up HIGH and practically landed on his shoulder.

If i'm being honest, the way he got u,p attempted to celebrate, and gingerly started walking back to the huddle suggested that fall hurt.

Last edited:
You in this thread.
Post#1- Bridgewater is getting more reps with first team.
Called out by others.
Post#2- walked back post#1
Post#3- Tua struggling.

It is like you have an agenda. (Pretty much your whole posting history was just summed up in these 3 posts).

confused jeff bridges GIF
And didn't participate yesterday bc there wasn't anything negative to say

Back
Top Bottom